Sailor _____ (10th Planet Discovered)

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

kahrani
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by kahrani » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:52 pm

I think Nemesis was a demi-goddess in roman mythology. Or it might have been greek, but the point is it could be a good choice as it does fit in with the traditional mythology like the rest of the names.

IIRC the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy named the 10th planet as Persephone, but it was nicknamed Rufus - now isn't that a great name for a planet! :lol: :lol:

Mary Marvel
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Mary Marvel » Sat May 27, 2006 3:43 pm

Vulcan? Maybe they should name it Spock to please all us Trekkies!
Nemesis reminds me of a very very very bad movie which makes me think of Rick Berman and his lousy--

But I digress. I love Xena and think the name very appropriate. It's good considering that the discoverer of Uranus wanted to name it "George" after the King of England.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat May 27, 2006 4:36 pm

I vote Bastet or Horus from Egyptian Mythos.

I like them a lot better then any of the greek or roman ones,

and any Egyptian themed sailor senshi would totally rule.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Mary Marvel
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Mary Marvel » Sat May 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Well it's a cold icy planet,it needs a name that fits.
Xena fits it personality wise,and Xena fans have already agreed that if it has a moon to name it Gabrielle.(her blond lover/sidekick)

Sedna was named after an Eskimo{specifically Inuit(I think) }goddess of Death. She has no fingers.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sun May 28, 2006 7:57 pm

How about Minerva, Apollo or Diana? But I guess they should save Apollo and Diana incase they ever discover twin planets.

I think all the planets with the exception of Uranus and Saturn are named after the supreme Gods. But Saturn was a Titan and I think Uranus was something that gave birth to the Titans.

There was a hypothetical planet closer to the sun that was called Vulcan so that name is sort of already taken.

Juno and Ceres are already asteriods but who really cares about the asteroids. Ok, maybe some people do.

And theres also Norse Gods...

Oden, Thor, Verdandi, Ran, Bragi, Urd, Skuld, etc...
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Mon May 29, 2006 11:36 am

Rin wrote:How about Minerva, Apollo or Diana? But I guess they should save Apollo and Diana incase they ever discover twin planets.

{snip}

And theres also Norse Gods...

Oden, Thor, Verdandi, Ran, Bragi, Urd, Skuld, etc...
Read my earlier post, Minerva is already taken. Diana is also taken. So is Apollo.

Odin has a small asteroid named after him. The rest appears to be unused.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Silvie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Silvie » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Nemesis is the Greek goddess of divine retribution and vengeance, and played a part in Greek tragedies (which makes sense, considering who she was and all)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(mythology)

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:31 pm

How about Supercalifragilisticsexpialladocious?

Then we could have Sailor Supercalifragilisticsexpialladocious, and her mode of transportation could be flying around on umbrellas and for her day job she could be a nanny.

Her first attack could be Supercalifragilisticsexpialladocious super powerful dark energy blast! And she could have a gardian cat named Tikitikitimbonosarrimbocherryberryrichitikperrypimbo
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:31 am

Rise, ye, from the dead!

'Xena' has officially been named 'Eris', while its moon is named 'Dysnomia'. Huzzah, something that fits with the grand scheme!

Also, the official link is here, in PDF format. Adobe Reader required.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:26 pm

Starscream wrote:Rise, ye, from the dead!

'Xena' has officially been named 'Eris', while its moon is named 'Dysnomia'. Huzzah, something that fits with the grand scheme!
The goddess that started the Trojan War, and a daemon of lawlessness? Hot damn. It's Greek, and it's awesome. <3
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:33 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:

The goddess that started the Trojan War, and a daemon of lawlessness? Hot damn. It's Greek, and it's awesome. <3
No question. I think Dysnomia's the best name for a celestial object we've had in quite some time.
- David Graña

My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:08 pm

I search for "Sailor Eris" turned up seven results. Watch that number skyrocket.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:22 pm

XD Eris is one of my favorite goddessed. wasn't she the one with the apple?... yeah, that started the war. yup, i love her.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:37 pm

Hmm. . . now there's an Eris, and there's a Venus, but no Juno or Minerva to complete the story. I wonder if someone in France decided this. Because then it would be the judgement of Paris. ^_^
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:21 am

THANK GOD! I always dispised that they called the planet/asteroid thingy Xena.

Hey maybe now Sailor Pluto, Ceres, and the new Sailor Eris can form the Dwarf Senshi group (though that is a crappy name for a group, especially since Puu is rather tall)
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:35 am

DragonMasterZero wrote:

Hey maybe now Sailor Pluto, Ceres, and the new Sailor Eris can form the Dwarf Senshi group (though that is a crappy name for a group, especially since Puu is rather tall)
They can be the Minor Senshi =P
Sailorasteroid wrote:Hmm. . . now there's an Eris, and there's a Venus, but no Juno or Minerva to complete the story. I wonder if someone in France decided this. Because then it would be the judgement of Paris. ^_^
3 Juno is an asteroid (JunJun/Sailor Juno, anyone? =P), but yes, we have no Minerva yet to finish the set properly.
- David Graña

My Livejournal.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:51 am

DragonMasterZero wrote:
I LOL-ed at that for some reason.

Isn't there some more Dwarf planets? I'm probably just misinformed...

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:55 am

Starscream wrote:
DragonMasterZero wrote:

Sailorasteroid wrote:Hmm. . . now there's an Eris, and there's a Venus, but no Juno or Minerva to complete the story. I wonder if someone in France decided this. Because then it would be the judgement of Paris. ^_^
3 Juno is an asteroid (JunJun/Sailor Juno, anyone? =P), but yes, we have no Minerva yet to finish the set properly.
Hmm. . . Jove gets a great big planet all to himself, while Juno only gets a tiny little asteroid? Sounds unfair. (I can see someone writing a Makoto-JunJun lemon now)
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:47 am

Sailorasteroid wrote:
Starscream wrote:
DragonMasterZero wrote:

Hmm. . . Jove gets a great big planet all to himself, while Juno only gets a tiny little asteroid? Sounds unfair. (I can see someone writing a Makoto-JunJun lemon now)
Well, to the best of my recollection, Juno/Hera doesn't get much love as it is in Greek Mythology; she's usually getting upset at Jupiter's cheating ways, and ending up blaming the woman by turning her into some creature.

And don't worry, I'm sure some educated fanfic writer's already taken the route you're thinking about. Rule 34, after all :O
- David Graña

My Livejournal.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:37 am

*sigh* It always confuses me when people use the Roman names over the Greek, since I'm so used to the latter. For a minute there I had no clue what you were talking about. ^^;

You know, the whole Solar System is suffering from badfic syndrome. Greek names, Roman names, and a hint of Shakespeare thrown in. It's like a collaboration story where they mix Original and Dub canon, and then some crazy guy scribbles over the third chapter with lines from Star Wars.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.