WTF?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Rivalee wrote:Here's two things that made me go "WTF" (plus I got really angry)

The first one is this; Teacher suspended for taping 3-year-old's mouth shut.

I couldn't find an english translated article for the second one, but I translated as good as I could from swedish;
A 12-years old boy from Luleå was at a schooltrip, left alone in the forest, 50 km away from home, when it was time to go home. The reason was a waterwar between several students, that degenerated into a fight. The boy ran into the forest and the teacher ordered the bussdriver to drive away, saying that "the boy must take the consequences". The boy was forced to walk and hitchhike to get home. The teacher now risks to get a warning or suspended.

I just can't find the right words in describing how angry I'm at those two teachers. People like that shouldn't be teachers at all.
On the first one:

What scares me the most and makes me more angry is the fact that the parents were okay with the teacher returning to work before his suspension was even up, and still having "confidence in him". If it was my child? Dude woulda gotten punched.

The second one: Wow. Just wow. They're lucky nobody kidnapped or killed the child. WTF is up with Sweden?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:16 pm

I think you might have all heard about this story

:shock: Okay, why would these girls make a freaking pact to get pregnant together during HIGH SCHOOL, I understand OUTSIDE of school but wtf is wrong with people these days? Oh and I think it's complete BS that some are blaming it on movies like Juno and Knocked Up. I'm....just.....wow....

EDIT: I didn't mean Outside of school as after school, I mean after they're done with their education and have career, get married, etc.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:36 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:I think you might have all heard about this story

:shock: Okay, why would these girls make a freaking pact to get pregnant together during HIGH SCHOOL, I understand OUTSIDE of school but wtf is wrong with people these days? Oh and I think it's complete BS that some are blaming it on movies like Juno and Knocked Up. I'm....just.....wow....
Because they think pregnancy/having babies is akin to playing house. They think that once baby comes, it'll be sweet and sugary and that they can to play dress-up with their babies, buy all kinds of cutesy things, and do nothing but go for walkies and feed them bottles.

They don't get the realism behind it. They don't get that you're suddenly responsible for an entirely new human being, that you're up all night the first month and your stress and anxiety levels shoot through the roof. And once that happens, and they realize they can't go to the latest party or fit into their size 2 dresses anymore, it'll hit them like a stack of bricks.

And the babies will more than likely get dumped off onto grandma.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:26 pm

Tiff
They think that once baby comes, it'll be sweet and sugary and that they can to play dress-up with their babies, buy all kinds of cutesy things,
You mean stuff like this :D High Heels for babies
Britta Bacon and Hayden Porter, the American inventors of the footwear, said the heels are only for show and will collapse if any pressure is put on them.
Oh, well that makes it better. And I love that the shoes are for show, because what parent would want to spend good money on something practical for their accessory baby.
Miss Bacon said she hit upon the idea for the shoes while walking to her daughter Kayla's 4th birthday party. She said: "It would have been hilarious if I could have brought Kayla to a party in high heels when she was a baby."
HWAH HA HA HA HA HUR HUR HUR and good times were had by all.
The $35 (£17.80) shoes, which come in six different styles named after the inventors' children
Oh wait, let me guess: The Jaden, The Madison, The Mykenzie, The Dakota, The Jaylyn and The Skylar.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:23 pm

peachvampiress wrote:
You mean stuff like this :D High Heels for babies
........God, why.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:30 pm

peachvampiress wrote: You mean stuff like this :D High Heels for babies
I hoped the day high heels made for babies would never come....but it did......AHHHHHHHHH!!!! THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! Ok but seriously, high heels for babies? :shock:
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:35 am

peachvampiress wrote:You mean stuff like this :D High Heels for babies
My God...

They look like Miss Piggy's shoes.

o_O;
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:20 am

high heels for babies = FAIL
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:11 am

Tiff wrote:The second one: Wow. Just wow. They're lucky nobody kidnapped or killed the child. WTF is up with Sweden?
I keep wondering that too, especially after hearing about poor Engla, a 10-years-old girl who was kidnapped and killed on her way home from a football match. I mean, how could that teacher leave the kid alone, when that tragedy occured just some months ago (sure, Engla's killer was caught, but there are still hundreds of psychos out there)
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:44 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:"Dry Drowning" Kills a 10-year-old boy
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24982210?GT1=43001

...I don't even want to take a shower now. One more thing to add to my "List of Things to be Paranoid About".
...And people wonder why I never go swimming. D:
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Teen killed by Six Flags Roller Coaster in Georgia

Great, another reason for not going to Six Flags this year. :shock:
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:00 am

Well, the kid shouldn't have jumped fences and ignored the restricted signs. It's just common sense, especially with equipment as large and fast as roller coasters. He should've either accepted the loss of his hat, or asked staff for possible aid in retrieving it. So IMO, it's his own damn fault since the article explains there were multiple warnings and fences blocking the area he was struck at. I feel sorry for his family and friends for their loss and for the people on the ride who had to witness such a gruesome death, but I can't feel sorry for the kid. He was 17 and by that age you should be smart enough to understand the consequences of entering such a dangerous blocked off area, and mature enough to accept the loss of a hat. What a lame reason to throw a life away.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:19 am

True Dan, but there will still be teens that are immature, the kid didn't even bother reading the signs or even thinking twice. Although I'm still freaked out on going rides like the Giant Drop, about a year ago a girl's legs got severed, one had to be chopped off like mentioned later in the article.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:32 am

Well, mature or not, there's a consequence for every action, and everyone needs to learn this at some point. Granted, that's an extreme way of learning for it, but then again, at 17, you're just finishing high school and entering adulthood. That lesson should've been learned a while ago. If you can't handle the simple things like following signs, then life is just going to be impossible. I could go on, but I don't think there's any reason to.

As for the second incident in the article, yeah, that's a terrible thing to happen. I feel very sorry for the girl who had to suffer from it, and can only hope that actions have been taken to prevent such a thing to ever happen again.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:57 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Teen killed by Six Flags Roller Coaster in Georgia

Great, another reason for not going to Six Flags this year. :shock:
..Sure, if you're going to be a complete idiot and jump the fence of a roller coaster to retrieve your hat.

Seriously. This is 100% the fault of the idiot teen. Yes, accidents DO happen on rides, and sometimes it is the fault of the ride, but this time? Not so much. Ridiculous. I feel no sympathy whatsoever.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:30 pm

If the kid was going to do that anyway, why did he do it when the ride was going? That was very stupid and irresponsible in the first place, but still. What a stupid reason to die.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:25 pm

D: At parks I stay faaaar away from rides, like roller coasters, or spinny ones. One ride at seabreeze, it spun these little airplanes, and, while the ride was going, one of the planes snapped off and killed the person inside.

But, this was his fault. And, of course, like any other American family, they sue the park for their son's stupidity.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:55 am

Kid dies after falling off ferris wheel:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UxRPxV-4vVk&feature=related

I have to blame the kid for this. He was only six but he shouldn't be messing around with things anyway. As for the newsreader complaining about no one attempting to help him, how could they? He was 15 metres in the air! Sure it was wrong for them to laugh and to not even attempt to turn the wheel on, but even if it was turned on the movement woud probably of shook him off.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:Kid dies after falling off ferris wheel:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UxRPxV-4vVk&feature=related

I have to blame the kid for this. He was only six but he shouldn't be messing around with things anyway. As for the newsreader complaining about no one attempting to help him, how could they? He was 15 metres in the air! Sure it was wrong for them to laugh and to not even attempt to turn the wheel on, but even if it was turned on the movement woud probably of shook him off.
True, the kid should not have been messing with this but where the heck where the parents? or at least an older kid to stop the ride and then call someone? And it's just stupid for people to record the kid falling to his death and at the same time laughing about it.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:01 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/stripper_dc

um...ok. I'm glad she was considerate enough to find cars with no children on them...I honestly don't know what else to say.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)