WTF?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:04 am

Meh, I'm sure it's less to do with such an absurd idea as it is to curb the influence of the Dalai Lama, i.e., I'm in agreement with the article's point about that.

In other Chinese news, a family wants to give their child a unique name. It seems that "XD" was already taken, though.

I mean...*sigh* Go for a unique name, sure, but can't you have SOME foresight into how others will treat your kid based on his/her name?[/url]
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:43 am

First, 4real. Now, @. I'm waiting for someone to follow suit with ~. At least that one, when pronounced, would ALMOST sound like a legitimate name. XD

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:49 pm

Starscream wrote:Meh, I'm sure it's less to do with such an absurd idea as it is to curb the influence of the Dalai Lama, i.e., I'm in agreement with the article's point about that.

In other Chinese news, a family wants to give their child a unique name. It seems that "XD" was already taken, though.

I mean...*sigh* Go for a unique name, sure, but can't you have SOME foresight into how others will treat your kid based on his/her name?[/url]
I shall name my child Rofl.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:44 pm

Neon Heart wrote:
I shall name my child Rofl.
Its middle name needs to be waffle, then.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:43 pm

Lewis Black has ranted about people's names for their kids being pathetic.

Let's see... he's said that a social worker has told him that kids have been named:

Abcde
Asshole
Shithead

not kidding. X_x;
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:10 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote:Lewis Black has ranted about people's names for their kids being pathetic.

Let's see... he's said that a social worker has told him that kids have been named:

Abcde
Asshole
Shithead

not kidding. X_x;
I knew a girl whose niece was named Abc, pronounced "ah-bee-see."

And another friend of mine knew someone with the "shithead" name, but it was pronounced something like "shi-thay-ehd."

-_- people fail.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:17 pm

So I was reading the news at vgcats.com when I read that the author will be at an Anime Convention in Vancouver tomorrow. Just for fun I clicked on the site and saw what other guests are going to be there. Behold! Uwe Boll (or Dr. Uwe Boll as it says on the site). WTF does Uwe Boll have to do with Anime? It gets better then that though. I'm copying and pasting it here so that it will exist forever:
Dr. Uwe Boll - Producer & Director

Uwe Boll is a larger than life character. An intelligent, tough individual who dares to challenge the system at all levels. He is a true maverick.

Uwe was born on June 22nd, 1965 in Wermelskirchen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. As a child he produced a number of short films on Super 8, video & recognized that he wanted a future in film directing by the age of 10.

Dr. Boll studied film directing at HFF in Munich, Germany and at the University for Music and Acting in Vienna, Austria. He also pursued German Literature and Economics at the Universities of Cologne and Siegen, Germany & by 1995 Uwe Boll obtained his doctorate in German Literature.

He became the Chief Executive of BOLU Film Production and Distribution, Schweinfurt, Germany and BOLL KG, Burscheid, Germany in 1992. By 1995 Uwe Boll started working with Taurus Film-Production GmbH, Wiesbaden, Germany as a producer and director.

He embarked upon his directing career filming over 10 feature films

In 2005 Uwe Boll directed BLOODRAYNE in Romania and IN THE NAME OF KING: A DUNGEON SIEGE TALE in Vancouver, BC. The Bloodrayne cast included Sir Ben Kingsley (Gandhi) and Kristina Loken (Terminator III). During the production of Bloodrayne, Uwe Boll rescued & adopted his second dog. Uwe has a great love for animals. The passionate jogger and workaholic presently splits his time between Vancouver, Canada & Germany.

Uwe’s $65 million Dungeon Siege is set in the war torn Kingdom of Ehb, whose ruling King Konreid battles the evil Galleon. Our protagonist, “Farmer”, played by Jason Statham, desperately searches for his kidnapped wife, Solana, and seeks vengeance for the death of his son, who was murdered by the animal-like warriors called Krugs.

In 2006 Dr. Boll finished shooting a horror film of his creation called SEED. This feature will challenge some of the most extreme violence ever explored in cinema. Following SEED, Uwe embarked on a film version of the computer game, POSTAL. This entertaining black satire will break every rule of political correctness. Uwe Boll has even decided to incorporate & satirize himself in the film, as the highly criticized and controversial director.

This daring and extraordinary man has even challenged his toughest film critics to a real boxing match. All 5 challengers were knocked down in the ring.

Uwe finished off 2006, directing his Vampire meets the Old Wild West feature, BloodRayne II: Deliverance. BloodRayne II stars Natassia Malthe & Zack Ward.

Earlier in 2007 Uwe directed & produced Tunnel Rats, a Viet Nam war movie in South Africa. Currently he is directing & producing Far Cry in Vancouver, BC. Far Cry stars Til Schweiger and Emmanuelle Vaugier and is based a computer game of the same name. Later in 2007 Uwe will be producing a third film called, Alone in the Dark (II), that is filming in the USA
This daring and extraordinary man has even challenged his toughest film critics to a real boxing match. All 5 challengers were knocked down in the ring.
BIG MAN! I think this sums that event up nicely (unfortunately this writer doesn't do anymore of these articles :( )
Inviting your detractors to face you in the ring was pretty Bollsy, Uwe, but the four naive dweebs who took you up on it clearly didn't know that you used to be an amateur boxer; you mauled them. Remind me again how beating the tar out of a few hapless, pudgy desk-jockeys makes you a better filmmaker? All it proves is that you're the biggest meathead, which, when you're facing a bunch of unathletic movie critics, isn't all that much of an achievement. It woulda been better if you had challenged them to a write-off — first one to pen a cogent, intelligent, entertaining review of one of your movies wins. I'll even let you write in German.
I wish I could be there tomorrow. I can't imagine any fans of his being there. Maybe he'll just beat up a bunch of people.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 pm

You know what bugs me most about the whole "creative" and I use that term loosely name process people are using now adays for kids. That people seem to think that everyone has to or expect people to do it. Because I went with a nice normal name of James for my son I get "oh thank goodness your not one of those people who have to go over the top." And you know anyone who knows me specially family should know im not one of those people specially because of my own unique name (Tynisa) that feels the need to put a kid threw that. But the scary thing is the weird names are becoming so normal kids like mine will be the strange ones before long. And the worst name I ever heard for a kid and still cannot believe a parent would do that is Lethal yep im not lying I spelled it just the way they did Lethal..*just shakes my head in disgust.*
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:58 pm

If I ever have a boy, my top name choices are Cornelius, Theodore, Alexander and Matthias. My kids will definitely be the strange ones.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:55 pm

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:57 pm

That's....that's just sick. What sick bastards. *shakes head*
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:37 pm

... ;_;

lord... I honestly don't understand those cultures... *shudders* It's the same in China... the gender preferences... ;_;
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:56 am

yoshmaster5 wrote:... ;_;

lord... I honestly don't understand those cultures... *shudders* It's the same in China... the gender preferences... ;_;
I agree. It's far too easy to do a strawman about it, so I won't comment further.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:12 pm

Not to get on a patrotic kick or nothing but after reading that once again I am so glad I was born in the U.S. this country may not be perfect (I think an anti idiot agenda would fix it </bad joke>) but other then that when I read stories like this it really reinforces how lucky I and others are to be born in a country where gender really isnt a big issue with parents. Its sad how some countries feel this way about women when without us girls there would not be the "sons" they cherish so much. Ugh makes my head hurt seriously.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:48 pm

They'd really shit bricks if they find out that all babies start out female.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:18 pm

NameGoesHere wrote: They'd really shit bricks if they find out that all babies start out female.
*dies*

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:15 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/ ... ef=topnews

What..what kind of sick fucks do this to someone, let alone a child?!

That poor baby.

Luckily, the US Children's Burn Foundation is going to fly the little boy here and give him treatment.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:48 pm

Oh my God. That poor kid. I don't even have words...I just want to cry.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:23 pm

After reading that this world just seems more and more f***ed up and scarier to me and makes it even scarier when I realize ive got a little one growing up in a world where such acts can take place.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:24 am

Tiff wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/ ... ef=topnews

What..what kind of sick fucks do this to someone, let alone a child?!

That poor baby.

Luckily, the US Children's Burn Foundation is going to fly the little boy here and give him treatment.
There are no words.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.