WTF?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:40 am

Tiff wrote:
Starscream wrote:Or how about just warning people of the transfats content in their food? The best way for people to make healthy choices in their life is to be EDUCATED about them, not to be sheltered from the "bad" choices by the government.
Now see, that I do agree with. Why not have on the menu or on a sign, "Our food contains Trans Fats" and a brief explanation? I know that chinese restaurants all over the country post whether or not they have MSG becuase a lot of people are allergic (like me) or just plain don't want to eat it.
Exactly. Most, if not all, purchased foods show the trans fat content in the nutritional information panel that is on the packaging. Fast food places and restaurants should either have something similar available upon request (because it would just make the menus into books if they were to be placed there) or have a few panels put up outside that indicate the nutritional contents of their food.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:24 am

Tiff wrote:
Starscream wrote:Or how about just warning people of the transfats content in their food? The best way for people to make healthy choices in their life is to be EDUCATED about them, not to be sheltered from the "bad" choices by the government.
Now see, that I do agree with. Why not have on the menu or on a sign, "Our food contains Trans Fats" and a brief explanation? I know that chinese restaurants all over the country post whether or not they have MSG becuase a lot of people are allergic (like me) or just plain don't want to eat it.
That reminds me of a story. One time I went to Panda Express and they had a sign that said "No MSG". And a roommate of a friend of mine (he was from New York so he was kinda loud and obnoxious), was like "HEY YO. CAN I GET MY FOOD WITH MSG IN IT." and the poor girl behind the counter was like "Uh.....no..........?" and he's like "WHY THE F*** NOT!? I WANT MSG DAMMIT." and started screaming at this poor girl that he wanted MSG in his food. Of course he didn't want MSG in his food, he was just making a scene cause he thought it was funny and because of the sign. The poor girl was on the verge of tears.

>_>; I never liked him much.

TBA

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:02 pm

One time I went to Panda Express

O RLY?

(Damn awesome restaraunt!)

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:52 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... 28-ON.html

Inmate who killed girl gets her name tattooed on forehead
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:54 pm

AnimeGuru0 wrote: That reminds me of a story. One time I went to Panda Express and they had a sign that said "No MSG". And a roommate of a friend of mine (he was from New York so he was kinda loud and obnoxious), was like "HEY YO. CAN I GET MY FOOD WITH MSG IN IT." and the poor girl behind the counter was like "Uh.....no..........?" and he's like "WHY THE F*** NOT!? I WANT MSG DAMMIT." and started screaming at this poor girl that he wanted MSG in his food. Of course he didn't want MSG in his food, he was just making a scene cause he thought it was funny and because of the sign. The poor girl was on the verge of tears.

>_>; I never liked him much.
Jeez, what an asshole. I would have seriously told him to stop being such a jackass.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:07 pm

Gather 'round yee children as I regale you with a story sure to piss you off.

As most of you may or may not know, I'm currently enrolled in a fashion design program at my local college/university. As one might expect, a program that teaches fashion is bound to attract many a clueless bimbo idiot.

There's this girl in my class, will call her dumbass to protect her identity. Recently she was going on about getting a Chihuahua because "They're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cuuuuute ^__________^!!!!!11111". Well she got her stupid dog recently.

Today, she mentioned how she left her dog in her car (FYI, we still get some pretty hot days around here). EVERYONE in the class was just shocked at this. She was telling us "Oh no, it's alright, I left a bowl of food and water and a toy in there for him" (this was at about 10am and class wasn't out until 1:30). The teacher asked if the windows were up, and after a few seconds she said "......it's down a crack." People were telling her about how children die from being locked in cars. Eventually she left to get the dog out.

She brought it back in, and I'm not kidding, it was the size of a person's hand. She said the Chihuahua was 10 weeks old. And she thought it'd be a good idea to leave it in a car for four and a half hours. But that's just the beginning. She couldn't just have the dog run around the class, so she wrapped it in a line of cloth (literally, it was just a head and a bundle of wound cloth) and put it in the front of the zip up jacket she was wearing (this was also the day we were stenciling with paint. Lots of chemically, permanent paint).

I don't even like dogs, especially Chihuahuas (I HATE those stupid rats), but even I got pissed off at her.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:22 pm

O_________O

I don't think the words "bimbo", "jackass", "idiot", or even "animal abuser" are enough to describe that chick.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:27 pm

I have several that I won't say because i'm a lady.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Man, I'm not even an animal person ('cept them Pandas....) and thats pisses me off. A college student did this? My Fucking god what is the matter with people...?

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Panda
A college student did this? My Fucking god what is the matter with people...?
If my memory's correct, I believe she said she was 22. The mind boggles.

Last year she was all about getting a cat. She was going on and on about what to name it. "Should I name him Gucci or Prada?" Eventually she got her cat....and then gave him back three days later saying "Well I'm so busy that I don't want to leave him at home all by himself. Plus I'm moving back to Alberta in two years and I can't take him with me".

In all honesty, I truely believe the reason she got a chihuahua is because "ZOMG HE'D LOOK SO CUTE IN MY PURSE JUST LIKE TINKERBELL HILTON SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!11111" *explodes*
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:22 pm

Oh... my... freaking... god...

that's just SAD. DEPRESSING. *falls over* *dies* call the Humane society...
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:13 pm

man i HATE people like that. i probably would have lost my temper and started screaming right there. poor doggy ;_; i can't stand chihuahua's but still...

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:49 pm

Chihuahua's drive me insane (as do all rat dogs), but that's just dumb. I'd be surprised if she didn't end up killing that poor thing.

...If it doesn't end up shooting itself in the back of a limo. >_>
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:45 am

;____;
SO irresponsible!

First thing I thought of reading that was Hilton... and I've never even seen that woman in real life before just now. ^^; -seriously doesn't watch much TV-

Can you really report her?
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 pm

An interesting thing I read in the paper about a week ago or so:

There was a guy that was up on charges for stealing computers and was going to trial for it, except he did not attend the trial like he was supposed to. Why? Because he was busy stealing computers from the courthouse. I can't remember where this happened. I think it was local news, I'm not sure. What a dumbass though.

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:06 am

... xDDD; That's hillarious!
Looks like he's addicted... ^^;
My Art - My LiveJournal

>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:02 am

I hate to say it, but for finding WTFness, I think I win.

...Imma go throw up now.
STAGE OUT!!!

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:31 am

^^; I've already seen that and I was never really grossed out by it. Just felt sorry for the girl.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:34 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: .........Okay, that has to be the most fucked up thing I've seen within the past few years of my rather short lifetime. In any case my personal WTF is as follows:
You may have noticed I have not posted much within the past few days. That is because I was in CHI-CA-GO!!!=D In any case, on the second day there I went to the King Tut exhibit, (wonderful exhibit, they really do let way too many people in at one time though.) and I'm sure all of you have seen a picture of King Tut's "coffin" right?
-_-;; That's not his coffin, that's a coffinette, made for his liver. It is a foot tall. No joke. Also, I saw something else interesting at the exhibit. There was a vase, made out of on piece of stone with a bottle neck, an neck only a few inches in diameter. Then it hit me: How could the ancient Egyptians have made that vase? I'm fairly sure they didn't use electricity, so how could they have made that? I also learned another, non-king tutish. Archaeologists found a gold bell, with silver floral decorations on it. Very well designed very beautiful...It was also inlaid in limestone...that would make it very, very old...so how did that get made? Just a few ramblings. ^^;;;; Wow, that is a really long post @[email protected]
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:40 pm

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl wrote: There was a vase, made out of on piece of stone with a bottle neck, an neck only a few inches in diameter. Then it hit me: How could the ancient Egyptians have made that vase? I'm fairly sure they didn't use electricity, so how could they have made that?
Why not? First, are you sure it was a solid stone, and not a clay vase? And if perhaps it was deisnged to look solid from the outside, but had joints on the inside.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!