WTF?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

C.h.a.r.m.
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by C.h.a.r.m. » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:19 pm

Did anyone read my SM article?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:25 pm

C.h.a.r.m. wrote:Did anyone read my SM article?
ADMIN MODE:

If someone does, they'll reply about it if they feel like it. There's no point in asking if someone read it, if there were no replies.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:29 pm

C.h.a.r.m. wrote:Did anyone read my SM article?
I did. I was trying to think of something snarky, funny, and irreverant, but not discriminatory or insulting, and wound up following the "if you can't say something nice" custom. Suffice it to say that I hope to have the chance to meet such people in person so I can use my evil Sailor Moon voodoo witchcraft on them.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:38 pm

Meh, articles like that just make me laugh. If that's what thye want to believe, then so be it. They have the right. I enjoy my sailor moon, damn it =P

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:43 pm

I'm personally disregarding that (poorly-written) article. It's nothing but white-trash bitch-fest.

(And I guarantee you, that lady was a white bitch that drives a truck in Arkansas)

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:49 pm

Peach has a WTF story! On Friday I had my Surface Design class and at break time me and some friends decided to go to the cafeteria. As soon as we walked out of the room, a really tall girl came up and asked us if any of the students wanted to make her some pants (since she's so tall and can't find any good pairs). My friends and I just looked at each other like "WTF? We're busy, we don't have time to make clothes for random strangers" but just politely talked to her. She wanted to know if anyone would make her several pairs of jeans. We just kind of smiled and nodded and told her to come back on Thursday when we had our sewing class.

We walked away just completely amazed that someone would come up to students during class, ignore the fact that they were probably busy with school work, and expect them to draft and make her pants. I told one of my friends it'd be like me going up to the law students and saying "Hey, could you guys put all your work on hold and help me with this lawsuit against me?"

Hopefully she'll come back on Thursday and Bev, my teacher, will yell at her (Bev's a nice lady, but she likes screaming at people and making them think she's and insane banshee).
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:00 pm

Hopefully she'll come back on Thursday and Bev, my teacher, will yell at her (Bev's a nice lady, but she likes screaming at people and making them think she's and insane banshee).
XD

But the whole story is, "...eh?"

Fruityla
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Fruityla » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 pm

Why would anyone think they could expect two totally random STUDENTS to make her pants? Some people :roll: I hope your teacher bitches her out., she sounds like she needs it.

As for the Sailor Moon article. That person has a totally messed up perception x_x They're looking way too far into it and totally twisting up facts. >_> It's amusing when people do that but it makes me a bit angry at the same time. Ah well, believe what you want, just don't badger other people with it.

"Don''t let the cave-in get you down
Don''t let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown...Sokka"
- Minstrel "Avatar: The Last Avatar"

Now you see me <_< Now you don''t

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:04 am

Well, it couldn't hurt TallGirl to ask. If you don't ask bold questions like that, you'll never find the doormats that will do anything you want.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

I <3 all you guys!

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:20 am

-takes the rose- *__* ... -turns it black with an icy gust of wind- Now it's an evil!Endymion rose. <3333
-saves for motto-
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Tiff wrote: Nobody twisted your words. Don't get so defensive. I disagree. It happens.

Parents being lazy has nothing to do with it. Sometimes you can raise your kids to say only the words you want them to, but the moment they get to school, they're now influenced by their peers, teachers, and new environments. For example? I was raised not to cuss..but the minute I got to middle school, and saw it around me, I began to cuss all the time. I finally stopped it within a year (and promptly started back up when I turned 18 ), but the point is that even though I was raised not to do it, I did it anyway becuase my peers did. My parents were not "too lazy", they DID their part. But books are influential, especially when they're rhymes intended to be fun. Children will react to that, and copy it.

Work in education, and perhaps you'll see how "pointless" this isn't.
Yeah, when two people are saying I don't think children should be punished because I disagree is twisting my words around. I know people aren't going to think the same as me, and that means that I'm going to debate it. Hopefully, this won't turn out like Deviant Art where I get banned just because I was in the minority and nothing more.

I, too, started to have a bit of a filthy mouth when I went to school but, after my mother told me that swearing makes you appear less intelligent and like a bad kid, I stopped. It surprised me when I hit 10th grade and a teacher cussed every once and while, but I still respected her, but in no way did I regress to doing it again because an adult I thought high of did it, along with my peers.

You know, maybe we should just burn all the books to make sure our children are never exposed to material they might be influenced by or get ideas from. It's a crying shame that my mother read to me every night and increased my vocabulary and imagination! What if I had decided to start following men in yellow hats around?
STAGE OUT!!!

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:55 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... 26-ON.html

Teen forced to drink turpentine in abortion attempt.

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:26 pm

What the bleeding fuck!?

Some of the things in this world are just too fucked up to even imagine
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:15 pm

Mad Hatteress Belial wrote:
Yeah, when two people are saying I don't think children should be punished because I disagree is twisting my words around. I know people aren't going to think the same as me, and that means that I'm going to debate it. Hopefully, this won't turn out like Deviant Art where I get banned just because I was in the minority and nothing more.
ADMIN MODE:

First off, calm the hell down.

When have we EVER banned someone for disagreeing, let alone disagreeing with the majority? That's just ridiculous, and bringing it up is nothing more than a passive aggressive way to bitch. Don't even start. I don't care if you debate it. That's what forums are for. But there's a different between debating and getting so personally offended. Calm. Down.

Secondly, we didn't even address you. We didn't quote you. We responded to the topic AT HAND. Yes, my point may have been directed to your argument, but the statement of "OMG THERE SHOULD BE NO CONSEQUENCES" was a GENERAL statement in the direction of those who DON'T think there should be consequences for shit. Stop assuming people are attacking you.

/ADMIN MODE.
I, too, started to have a bit of a filthy mouth when I went to school but, after my mother told me that swearing makes you appear less intelligent and like a bad kid, I stopped. It surprised me when I hit 10th grade and a teacher cussed every once and while, but I still respected her, but in no way did I regress to doing it again because an adult I thought high of did it, along with my peers.
And? Nobody accused you of anything. Good for you.

You know, maybe we should just burn all the books to make sure our children are never exposed to material they might be influenced by or get ideas from. It's a crying shame that my mother read to me every night and increased my vocabulary and imagination! What if I had decided to start following men in yellow hats around?
You know, fo rsomeone who got upset about twisting words, you sure are doing a lot of that yourself. Did anyone say anything abuot kids not being exposed to anything realistic or not smiley happy fun time? Absolutely not. Give me a break. Don't throw shit at me, A TEACHER, about burning books. Now you're just being ludricously ridiculous.

You don't want people to twist your words? Stop being hypocritical and doing it yourself.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:40 pm

Tiff- "if the clothes are still this bad when I have childre, I swear to god, I'm taking up sewing."

I strongly suggest you look at hannaandersson.com for children's clothing. They have some very nice clothing both for children and women. :wink:
As for my wtf of the day, (or school year so far), my language arts teacher can't seem to keep the more talkitive people in the class under control! I really don't understand what's going on, all the other classes, (and I do mean all) say she's really got it all together. She has tried a variety of methods with us such as:
-Taking Points Away
-Having us stay three minutes after class
-Handed out detentions
-Made up a new seating chart
-taken away our privalege to chose our own groups
And none of this has worked! Seriously, it is so noisy in that class, I get a headache just being in that class at times. It drives me crazy. @[email protected]
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:29 pm

No more trans fats in restaurants?

This sort of thing is pissing me off more and more. I wish these overpowered politicians would stop thinking they knew what was best for me. I would rather die than stop eating fatty foods. And if I ran a restaurant, I would want to serve whatever my customers wanted to order, no matter how much damage it did to them. We are never going to be completely safe. Those who think we will be are taking all the joy out of life from those of us who aren't cringing in our beds.

My only hope is that since they don't have the flimsy excuse of third-party injury as they did with smoking, that they won't be able to pass it. If they do, I will resist to the end. I will buy trans fat from suppliers and fry my own food, dammit.

I <3 all you guys!

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:34 pm

Well, you can still eat crap-food without trans-fat. Trans-fat is just the worst stuff for you. (I'm sure you know this but I'm just re-emphasizing)

I wouldn't worry to much about that. I think it will be a good thing because alot of people just don't know where to draw the line on their diets. The many will suffer for the few I guess.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:42 pm

Asteroid - Leave it to new york and/or California to strip all of your liberties and your freedoms because "ZOMG WE KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU". Ok........If I wanted to be under a dictatorship, I'd live in 1930s Germany? K thanks.

TBA

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:47 pm

...wtf? I think this is a great idea. Partially Hydrogenated Oils are HORRID for you. You can create foods just as good or exactly the same without them. I don't buy anything that has them in it, except on very rare occasion.

Oh, and how about banning MSG? A LOT of peopl ecan't eat it, (myself included. I'm allergic, and can get violently ill if I eat some of it) and it's just plain bad for you. It has no good/nutritional uses whatsoever.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:02 pm

Tiff wrote:...wtf? I think this is a great idea. Partially Hydrogenated Oils are HORRID for you. You can create foods just as good or exactly the same without them. I don't buy anything that has them in it, except on very rare occasion.
I want to taste that before I believe it. Every single food will taste exactly the same without trans fats? But more to the point, it's about the fact that they want to use force of law to stop me from making choices about my life. It's not about whether it's bad for me, it's about whether I want it.

I <3 all you guys!