Teen Titans

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Teen Titans

Post by DistantMemory » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:56 pm

Well, you know the drill. I don't want to limit you to anything, so discuss characters, episodes, romance (canon or otherwise), what have you.

I'll just start off discussing romance. My favorite couplings are BeastboyXTerra and RobinXStarfire. The participants of both pairings obviously care a lot about each other, and the episodes dedicated to them really flesh out the romance between them. My least favorite is BeastboyXRaven; sometimes I ship characters who don't love each other that way (LinkXZelda from The Legend of Zelda, for example, but only because of the manga based off of Ocarina of Time), but I feel that the fanbase goes too far with this pairing. Even though David Slack and other staff has said 1,000,000 times that it would never happen (I have links for this, just ask for them and I'll post them), they like to think that their affections are subtle and give Terra A LOT of unnecessary hate for "getting in the way" (which distinctly reminds me of the Gundam Wing fandom, in which people hated Relena Peacecraft because she interferred with DuoXHeero even though RelenaXHeero was the true pairing). Sorry if I offended anyone with this, this wasn't directed towards anyone in specific.

Discuss whatever you want about the show. *steps off to the sidelines*
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:50 pm

I've never been a fan of the show, but I like the theme song however. Only because one of my favorite J-pop bands sing it (Puffy Amiyumi).

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:09 pm

I am a fan of this show. My favorite character is Raven, because I am the most like her and I love her sarcasm. I also like Starfire, because her innocence just makes her hilarious most of the time.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:56 pm

jupiter23 wrote:I am a fan of this show. My favorite character is Raven, because I am the most like her and I love her sarcasm. I also like Starfire, because her innocence just makes her hilarious most of the time.
I love those two characters myself for the reasons you just gave (and Raven's dark past), in addition to Terra. I see Terra as just a misguided girl who knows what good and evil is, but can't bring herself to figure out what her true alliance is.

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:27 pm

I'm sorry, but Terra got to the point where she annoyed the hell out of me. I can't really explain why, either.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:42 pm

*shrugs* You either love her or you hate her. I haven't seen any grey areas for the character... yet.

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:04 pm

I really like the show, but I can't catch it more than maybe once a week (usually by accident), so I'm always lost my major plot lines (like when Terra came..I caught like..her second or third episode, and was so damn confused).

My least favorite character is, by far, Robin. My god, how annoying. He's the typical "I'll do things my way, angst about it when I'm wrong, and then act all strong when I'm obviously in need of help" character...like Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi. *shudders*

My favorite char is probably Raven. I just love her sarcasm. Starfyre comes in close second, becuase she's so damn cute and amusing.

Terra's one of those characters that makes me want to kill her and hug her at the same time. On one hand, I feel terrible for her, but on the other, I wanna smack her.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:24 pm

You can always go to TitansGo.net to catch up on certain plot lines. (I actually like Robin, and I think he acts strong because he doesn't want to drag his friends into any kind of trouble. Lots of people do that.)

And speaking of favorite episodes:

FAVORITE BEASTBOY EPISODE: "The Beast Within" - This is basically what happens when the nice guy gets pushed over the edge. If he came to better terms with Raven in "Nevermore" and "Spellbound", he managed to figure out what ticks her and become less of a nuisance (uh, most of the time). "Employee of the Month" comes in second place.
FAVORITE CYBORG EPISODE: "Cyborg the Barbarian" - Even though I'm more of a CyborgXJynx shipper, I further enjoyed the storyline here. And it was still nice to see him dedicate himself to Sarisam. I also like "Deception".
FAVORITE RAVEN EPISODE: "Birthmark" - The creepiest Teen Titans episode by far. I like her dark past and how she furthered her friendship with Robin. Once "The End" is put on the air, though, I guarantee that that (three-part) episode will take its place in my favorites list. I also love "Nevermore" and "Spellbound".
FAVORITE ROBIN EPISODE: "Haunted" - I can understand why Robin was so mad, but it didn't stop me from being a little freaked out (especially when he grabbed Starfire by the arm and scared her). But I don't understand how he can get hurt by... well, you'll just have to see.
FAVORITE STARFIRE EPISODE: "Betrothed" - I love how her fair, just side came out for this occassion (and the RobinXStarfire shippy goodness that came with it). She reminds me a lot of Usagi for this reason. I also love "Can I Keep Him?".
FAVORITE TERRA EPISODE: "Aftershock" - Even though it lacks in BeastboyXTerra shippy goodness, it makes up for it with well-placed music, good character development, and an intriguing story (especially during the second part). I almost cried at the very end, especially during the last 10 seconds. "Betrayal" is a VERY close second.

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:34 pm

My favorite episode of Teen Titans by far is the one where Robin is forced to take Killer Moth's daughter to her Junior Prom, and Starfire hates this. I can't remember what that one was called, but I thought it was funny as hell.

I did also like the one about Raven's birthday. I thought it was interesting, and we learned more about Raven from this one.
Come join the party.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:25 pm

jupiter23 wrote:My favorite episode of Teen Titans by far is the one where Robin is forced to take Killer Moth's daughter to her Junior Prom, and Starfire hates this. I can't remember what that one was called, but I thought it was funny as hell.
Date with Destiny

If I'm not mistaken. My favorite episode is 'Aftershock pt. 2', loved Terra in the finale. And the episode where Robin goes training, only because Robin was super sexi in that one. :lol: [/i]

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:43 pm

I'm a fan of Teen Titans! I've watched it since the beginning, and except for maybe one or two episodes, I've caught them all. It's weird, because I don't really like superheros, but Teen Titans just has such good characters. Beast Boy and Cyborg play so well off each other, and what I like most is that each character can stand on his or her own (that is, Starfire doesn't *need* Robin to have an interesting story, Beast Boy's adventure's are just as good with or without someone else). I'm a Cyborg fan, I think he's just so hilarious (especially when he's reacting to Beast Boy, and vice versa). Since I have *no* prior knowledge of *any* of these heros except Robin (and then, that's limited as well, because I dislike batman tons), it's actually exciting to see how the characters' stories are going to play out.
I don't have a favorite episode, but I didn't like the episode where Starfire went through her transformation, or the episodes with Blackfire. Or any episode with Aqualad. I did like the episode with Robin going to train with the Great Master, and *any* episode with Slade. Slade is the BEST BADBUY EVER. His voice! I love it! Also, I really liked the episode with the mysterious Red X (where it's not Robin), mostly because Red X looks like Skull Panda.

I do have one question, and it seems like DistantMemory will definitely be able to answer it: Why couldn't BumbleBee be brainwashed by Brother Blood, and why, then, COULD she be when he returned? I know he got stronger, but, still, it seems that if she can't be brainwashed by 'any man alive,' then it shouldn't really be a matter of...brain...strength...or whatever on Blood's part. Right? Does the make sense? Also, I rather dislike Blood. He's no replacement for Slade.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:41 am

I haven't watched Teen Titans much, but I liked what little I've seen.
I think that Starfire is a wonderful charatcer. She's so sweet and naive...very different from most characters you'll find in, well, in any fictional story nowadays!

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:29 pm

My favorite episode of Teen Titans by far is the one where Robin is forced to take Killer Moth's daughter to her Junior Prom, and Starfire hates this. I can't remember what that one was called, but I thought it was funny as hell.
Starfire in that is funny as hell. "I think that on these occasions you should wear a dead plant?" *hands robin a flower* and then when she starts destroying things... XD
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:43 pm

crazydiamond wrote:I do have one question, and it seems like DistantMemory will definitely be able to answer it: Why couldn't BumbleBee be brainwashed by Brother Blood, and why, then, COULD she be when he returned? I know he got stronger, but, still, it seems that if she can't be brainwashed by 'any man alive,' then it shouldn't really be a matter of...brain...strength...or whatever on Blood's part. Right? Does the make sense? Also, I rather dislike Blood. He's no replacement for Slade.
I'd have to catch "Titans East" again to answer that question. It's been a pretty long time for me. ^^; And Slade's probably the best villain I've ever seen; he freaks me out quite a bit sometimes, especially in "Aftershock" and "Birthmark".

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

Vagabond
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Vagabond » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:37 am

Alright, I love Teen Titans! In my opinion, its probably the best superhero show out right now. My favorite character would have to be Starfire. I really think she's cute and sweet, and I really like her voice. Raven would be my second favorite, since I like her voice and sarcasm. I don't really hate any of the characters, although Cyborg's episodes tend to be kinda weak. All of them are about how the best part of him is his human side, it just gets kinda repetitive. Also, is it me or does Teen Titans have a lot of FLCL references.?

That said, my favorite episodes are:
Starfire - "Date With Destiny" - It had some hilarious moments in the prom, and Starfire was hilarious when she was freaking out over Robin.
Robin - "Haunted" - This episode was genuinely creepy, and had some great fight scenes. Robin was both scary and sympathetic, which is a pretty hard balance to acheive.
Cyborg - "Sum of His Parts" - This is the first episode that dealt with his whole issue about being a robot, and honestly I think it was the episode that did it the best. There were great action scenes, and a genuinely sympathetic villain. Cyborg gets to show his fair side and it didn't seem too ham-handed.
Beast Boy - "Employee of the Month" - This was a tough pick, since Beast Boy got some pretty good episodes (like the ones with Terra). However, this episode just stuck to me because it was just so random. The villain was hilarious, and there were great one-liners. "After we replace all your cows with nufu, we will blow up your planet!" :lol:
Raven - "Birthmark" - Another tough pick, because Raven's got alot of good episodes too. Still, this one seems to be the most shocking and creepy. Raven's never seemed more vulnerable and there were plenty of action sequences too.

I agree that Slade is the best villain in Teen Titans. This guy has got skills and style. I hated it when they tried to replace him with Brother Blood. That guy was just a Ra's Al Ghul wannabe - except he's less competent and has shitty mind control powers.
If you just see the leaf, you'll miss the tree;
If you just see the tree, you'll miss the forest;
To see everything, effortlessly, that is what it means to truly see.

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:39 pm

Speaking of Cyborg and his episodes, I think he's a little too underrated for my tastes (at least Terra, as much as I love her psychotic little heart, was underrated for good reasons!). He's a cool character; let's give him a chance!

And for all the Brother Blood bashing, I figured I'd post one good point about him: he has the same voice actor as Final Fantasy X and X-2's Wakka, Futurama's Bender, and Kim Possible's Dr. Drakken. XD

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

#1SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by #1SailorMoonFan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:41 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Teen Titans!!!! My favorite character is TERRA!!

[spoiler]I cried when she died. And I cried when she came back. This show is some awesome. [/spoiler]

Everything about it rules. Except the dialog. When the dialog sucks, IT SUCKS!

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:23 pm

Teen Titans=goodness. I really like the writing and the characters. Raven has to be my favorite, she's just so evil yet caring. My favorite episode would have to be "How To Make A Bunny Raven Dissapear." It was just so funny and Bunny Raven was adorable. It's either that or any of the one about Larry(?), that alternate Robin. That episode was too funny.
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:23 pm

#1SailorMoonFan wrote:I LOVE LOVE LOVE Teen Titans!!!! My favorite character is TERRA!! [spoiler]I cried when she died. And I cried when she came back. This show is some awesome. [/spoiler]Everything about it rules. Except the dialog. When the dialog sucks, IT SUCKS!
ADMIN MODE:

Use the spoiler tag, please. I edited it for you, but in the future, be careful about what you're revealing.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

SMfanx1000
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SMfanx1000 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:42 pm

Yay a Teen Titans topic! I miss Teen Titans sometimes, though i have moved on..sort of... when i look at the drawings of Raven i did and a free hand of Beast Boy I remember the goodness of Teen Titans.
I really can't say what my fav. episode is, but I really liked the three "The End" episodes (and yes Raven is my favorite character), and found that they were a lot like a movie style.
Also I thought Nevermore was funny, and the reference the last "The End" ep. made to it.
"Blue is still my favorite color, and you're still not funny."
*BB runs to Raven and hugs* "Raven!"

In the episode "Nevermore", her Happy personality says that her favorite color is pink, and that she does think that BB is funny. That's Raven though, lying to hide her girlishness. Still like her tons though. :)
I love weird people! And i am weird too... :)

OMG YAY CHEESE! Thank you Insanity test. And thank you Neon Heart for posting it! ^^

Ummm... naruto rocks! most episodes english and jp. w/subtitles can be found on youtube.

A beautiful song from the movie The Last Samurai! Check it out on Rhapsody Hans Zimmer-A Way of Life (turn the volume up because it''s quiet)

http://www.rhapsody.com/hanszimmer

That is all for now. Later! ;)