/!\ Pornography/Sexuality

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:15 pm

Musashi wrote:I'll give men more credit when I actually meet any who DON'T believe that everything in porn is real. ... But only a little more credit. None if they've 20 or over.

From what I've heard, yeah, amateur porn has more body types.
o_O my boyfriend will be 25 in November. He has me, a woman who is the complete opposite of those porn standards, as a girlfriend. We've discussed the whole "ideal body image" several times, and he's repulsed by the fact that it's pushed on girls. So um...yes, they do exist.

I mean hell, I watch porn too. Does that mean I believe everything that exists in them, or do I have to be male for that to apply? -_-

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:08 pm
Location: KCMO
Contact:

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:18 pm

3) Do you think sex is for all ages ?


I do not think sex is for all ages. I feel that, if a person wants to have sex, they should wait until their 18 to do so. Once a person turns 18, they become an adult, and they set out for new challenges in life: full time jobs, their own home, getting married...and kids.

I might sound extremely stereotypical as I say this. But there are a TON of teenagers in the world, who do not have a job, who don't know how to drive, and most definetley don't have their own home. A lot of them are too lazy to do simple chores within their own home. If a teenager isn't responsible enough to get a part time job, learn to drive, or even do their chores, then they definetley aren't responsible enough for sex. Because what if a teenage girl, who wasn't responsible at all, had sex, and got pregnant? How would she be suddenly responsible enough to take care of a child?

I dunno, I probably got too out of hand on this. >_>;;;;
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado


^ ^ ^ ROFL

User avatar
Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:01 am
Location: In a hot-air balloon

Post by Musashi » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:19 pm

... Um, no and no? I just meant I've personally never met any guys who didn't think that it's all real. I KNOW there are, but I've just never met any. :P
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:19 pm

Neon Heart wrote:3) Do you think sex is for all ages ?


I do not think sex is for all ages. I feel that, if a person wants to have sex, they should wait until their 18 to do so. Once a person turns 18, they become an adult, and they set out for new challenges in life: full time jobs, their own home, getting married...and kids.

I might sound extremely stereotypical as I say this. But there are a TON of teenagers in the world, who do not have a job, who don't know how to drive, and most definetley don't have their own home. A lot of them are too lazy to do simple chores within their own home. If a teenager isn't responsible enough to get a part time job, learn to drive, or even do their chores, then they definetley aren't responsible enough for sex. Because what if a teenage girl, who wasn't responsible at all, had sex, and got pregnant? How would she be suddenly responsible enough to take care of a child?

I dunno, I probably got too out of hand on this. >_>;;;;
No, you didn't. I completely agree.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by Panda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:37 pm

On the age thing... I have a job, I can drive... I don't have my own house because I support my mother and brother (she can't work right now due to a hip related problem). I personally don't see how age has anything to do with this and I'm just a little bit offended/confused as to how that is your standing arguement.


On the other note with porn...

Sure, their is always that ideal image but you'll only see it if you look for it. Compared to alot of girls on this forum (PLEASE do not take what I'm saying the wrong way...) I have the ideal body. I'm skinny, my boobs are proportional, I'm curvy, etc. The only real physical flaw I have is a few scars that are very faded and hard to find.

That being said, I can completely understand how people could get the wrong idea about it. BUT, those of us who are naturally shaped this way do not choose to be like this. Many girls that are comfortable with their body and do have a nice body aren't very popular. In that respect it's almost as if you either get one or the other, personality vs. looks, and I get screwed over there.

My point is, alot of girls don't choose to push off that image and make everyone look bad. The girls that do get plastic surgery and succumb to anorexia, bulimia, etc. aren't comfortable in their bodies but I can almost guarantee aren't completely alone.


(Quit burning Paris...)

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:24 pm

Panda wrote:On the age thing... I have a job, I can drive... I don't have my own house because I support my mother and brother (she can't work right now due to a hip related problem). I personally don't see how age has anything to do with this and I'm just a little bit offended/confused as to how that is your standing arguement.


On the other note with porn...

Sure, their is always that ideal image but you'll only see it if you look for it. Compared to alot of girls on this forum (PLEASE do not take what I'm saying the wrong way...) I have the ideal body. I'm skinny, my boobs are proportional, I'm curvy, etc. The only real physical flaw I have is a few scars that are very faded and hard to find.

That being said, I can completely understand how people could get the wrong idea about it. BUT, those of us who are naturally shaped this way do not choose to be like this. Many girls that are comfortable with their body and do have a nice body aren't very popular. In that respect it's almost as if you either get one or the other, personality vs. looks, and I get screwed over there.

My point is, alot of girls don't choose to push off that image and make everyone look bad. The girls that do get plastic surgery and succumb to anorexia, bulimia, etc. aren't comfortable in their bodies but I can almost guarantee aren't completely alone.


(Quit burning Paris...)

1) You're 14. You want to explain to me how you have a driver's license? By Texas law, you have to be at least 15 to have a permit, and 16 to have a license.

2) I'm also confused as to how you support your mother with your job. Child labor laws in Texas state that a Minor ages 14-15 are limited to working outside school hours for no more than 3 hours on a school day and no more than 18 hours in a school week. You support your mother on 18 hours of work a week? I can't imagine a 14 year old just starting out making very much more than minimum wage, either.

3) People have already explained their opinion. Some of us believe that children simply shouldn't be having sex, that they ought to be more focused on other things and should be a lot moer mature before diving into it. There are consequences that certain minors aren't able to handle.

As for the image thing...Yes, I am going to "burn" Paris Hilton becuase she's the epitome of a rich, slutty hobag who is out to use her sex appeal for money. She's sleazy and tactless, and I personally don't like her, at all. Her TV show is a JOKE (yes, I've watched it before) and how she even manages to stay on the air is beyond me.

Musashi :

And I quote:
I'll give men more credit when I actually meet any who DON'T believe that everything in porn is real. ... But only a little more credit. None if they've 20 or over.
You stated you wouldn't give any credit to guys who were 20 or over. I didn't understand that. Do you think it's somehow wrong for guys who are over 20 to watch porn?? o.O

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by Panda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:41 pm

Tiff wrote: 1) You're 14. You want to explain to me how you have a driver's license? By Texas law, you have to be at least 15 to have a permit, and 16 to have a license.
Harship Liscense kicks in officially in August... till then I'm just kinda being sneaky about it.
Tiff wrote:2) I'm also confused as to how you support your mother with your job. Child labor laws in Texas state that a Minor ages 14-15 are limited to working outside school hours for no more than 3 hours on a school day and no more than 18 hours in a school week. You support your mother on 18 hours of work a week? I can't imagine a 14 year old just starting out making very much more than minimum wage, either.
I'm not an official employee at the place I work at (It's a Martial Arts place, I teach kids...) They pay in cash.

My family also recieves check from our insurance company and occasionalyl from extended family.
Tiff wrote: 3) People have already explained their opinion. Some of us believe that children simply shouldn't be having sex, that they ought to be more focused on other things and should be a lot moer mature before diving into it. There are consequences that certain minors aren't able to handle.

As for the image thing...Yes, I am going to "burn" Paris Hilton becuase she's the epitome of a rich, slutty hobag who is out to use her sex appeal for money. She's sleazy and tactless, and I personally don't like her, at all. Her TV show is a JOKE (yes, I've watched it before) and how she even manages to stay on the air is beyond me.
The only reason I got upset is because it seemed most people believed all minors are immature and unable to handle certain things. I'm more scared than anything of pregnancy and STD's so I've always been very safe (I haven't even done it that much...).


You can burn Paris all you want, it doesn't relly matter. I don't care for her either but I don't see the reason to burn her. There are just as many stupid spoiled-whores in the real world. The only difference is we can watch Paris. (And Lindsey, and Hilary, and Madonna, and... well... never mind...)

User avatar
Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:55 pm
Location: Maybe...

Post by Alexclow345 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:46 pm

Panda wrote:
Tiff wrote: 1) You're 14. You want to explain to me how you have a driver's license? By Texas law, you have to be at least 15 to have a permit, and 16 to have a license.
Harship Liscense kicks in officially in August... till then I'm just kinda being sneaky about it.
Isn't that illegal?


Anyway I don't watch porn and I probably never will. But every one has the right to watch it. Besides, I'm not 18 anyway. I think that you can have sex at 21. Not 18, 21. I think having a babie at 18 isn't a good idea.[/quote]
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

User avatar
Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by Panda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:00 pm

I only go to the Grocery store and to work. Even at the Grocery store my Mom is always there so I'm only being risky when I have to go to work... and thats like, 2 seconds away...


But yes, it's very illegal.

User avatar
Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:25 pm

Post by Jeff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:10 pm

Alexclow345 wrote:Anyway I don't watch porn and I probably never will. But every one has the right to watch it. Besides, I'm not 18 anyway. I think that you can have sex at 21. Not 18, 21. I think having a babie at 18 isn't a good idea.
Do you think the human body just starts preparing itself for reproduction ten years early? O.o Human beings, traditionally, have become parents around the 17 year old mark (for women, anyway). It's only very recent that societal institutions (school, etc.) have made people wait as late as they now do to get married and start families.

User avatar
Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by Panda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:14 pm

Well... at least maybe the world won't be to over-populated... Oh yah, invetro-fertilization, right.


If I remember correctly, sme countries in Europe have their age of consent as low as 13. I figure this just means certain places think of sex differently but it's still interesting. I'd love to see how many apporve of that.

User avatar
Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:01 am
Location: In a hot-air balloon

Post by Musashi » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:54 pm

To Tiff: No, I just mean 20+ guys aren't as immature as teenage boys... xD; So I wouldn't be as surprised if they were older guys who probably know better. :P
Last edited by Musashi on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

User avatar
yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:55 pm

If you want ot get into the age of consent thing, it's all proportional to the culture of the country. The US? Oh yeah, the 'legal age' is 16, but kids have sex anyway. It's the 'television culture' promoted by MTV, VH1, adn all those other crap television stations out there. When people like Paris Hilton are 'idolized' then society goes down the drain. At least, in the US. in other countries...

Did you know Gandhi was married at age 10? India has a completely different culture from us, and so do many other countries. However, with the US, the internet has become a major hazard if you use Myspace, Facebook, and anything like that. See a recent SNL sketch, a 'How to use Myspace' class, all but one person there were middle-aged, creepy guys. you have NO IDEA of some of the people... and there's been a story in MI about a 15-year-old flying down to Egypt, or some other middle-eastern country to get MARRIED to some guy she met online. X_x; Er... I've gone off topic.

Anyways... Panda- this is a generalization of the culture nowadays. there are exeptions obviously. Oh, and the world is already insanely overpopulated.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:02 pm

Musashi wrote:To Tiff: No, I just mean 20+ guys aren't as immature as teenage boys... xD; So I wouldn't be as surprised if they were older guys who probably know better. :P
Okay, NOW I get what you'er saying. I do apologize for misunderstanding ^_^

Panda:

Well, you're being safe. Taht shows maturity. Most of the people here who don't think minors should be having sex are referring to the majority, who aren't very mature and who tend not to be safe. If you're being safe during sex and being smart abuot it, then good for you.

-_- But really...it's kinda hard to prove your maturity by working and driving illegally. That's irresponsbility. That's not adult behavior. I mean..if anything, you only proved yourself to be irresponsible, to me.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by Panda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:07 pm

I guess it's a "you have to be there" type of thing.

Again, I only drive illegally to work and to help my mother. My family has recently fallen into misfortune (My father died back in '02 and my Mom can't work or drive... Older sibling have to support themselves) so anything I've done is for them.

I mean, if you count how many hours I spend on here every day than it really substracts from the time most people my age would be spending with friends and at parties. I'm not trying to hold myself above everyone else but given the consequences of my family life, I think I'm handling it quite well.

/totally off topic post...

User avatar
peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: B.C. Canada
Contact:

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:39 pm

What if you get in an accident while driving illegally? I'm assuming you're not insured.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:45 pm

Panda wrote:I guess it's a "you have to be there" type of thing.

Again, I only drive illegally to work and to help my mother. My family has recently fallen into misfortune (My father died back in '02 and my Mom can't work or drive... Older sibling have to support themselves) so anything I've done is for them.

I mean, if you count how many hours I spend on here every day than it really substracts from the time most people my age would be spending with friends and at parties. I'm not trying to hold myself above everyone else but given the consequences of my family life, I think I'm handling it quite well.

/totally off topic post...
You stated yourself the grocery store was really really close. Maybe walk? Ride a bike? Surely there are other ways to do that other than drive illegally.

Peach has it right...you could get into an accident,a nd then you'd REALLY be in deep shit. Or you could be pulled over for a routine, minor problem.

I am sorry your father died, but I guess this goes back to the whole "would you steal a loaf of bread to feed your family" type of debate. While I do understand your reasons BEHIND your actions, I still think them to be irresponsible and not the greatest of choices.

But we're diverting from the original topic, so we should probably get back on it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Post by Rin » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:08 am

1) What do you think of pornography?

Personally, it's not my cup of tea. I don't care if anyone else looks at it as long as they can handle it.

2) What do you think of sex?

I'm still a virgin, and call me old fashioned, but I'm waiting till marriage.

3) Do you think sex is for all ages?

No, I don't care how mature a minor thinks they are, they don't need to be having sex and they're too many consequences if they are irresponsible. They have their entire lives to be adults. They should enjoy their childhood while it lasts.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

C.h.a.r.m.
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post by C.h.a.r.m. » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:31 pm

Rin wrote:1) What do you think of pornography?

Personally, it's not my cup of tea. I don't care if anyone else looks at it as long as they can handle it.

2) What do you think of sex?

I'm still a virgin, and call me old fashioned, but I'm waiting till marriage.

3) Do you think sex is for all ages?

No, I don't care how mature a minor thinks they are, they don't need to be having sex and they're too many consequences if they are irresponsible. They have their entire lives to be adults. They should enjoy their childhood while it lasts.
I'm 13 and at that age all my peers think they're ready to do it, but I say no because I don't wanna have no kids and work at the age of 13. I can barely lead my own mind, how can I lead a family?

User avatar
Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:19 am
Location: Massy, France

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:27 am

Oh, I see this thread hasn't died. Me's happy, it didn't turn into what we could have thought it would! Yayy!

With that said, it's been quite a long time since I posted that thread, and things have changed for me.

Right now, I can't see an adult movie without being extremely disturbed. I sometimes cry. I don't know what exactly happened: one day, I was on the comp, Boyfriend put one on, and I cried, and I couldn't look at one ever since.

I didn't decide to hate those movies... I didn't decide not to look at "those kind of pics" or anything like that. Not that I looked at magazines from the beginning cause most of what I had seen so far was very very disgusting, yuck.

The thing is, since I am not morally against it and my boyfriend sometimes would watch it (though it's funny cause he watches it as he'd watch the news XD ... aka, it doesn't impress him) I thought I'd "try" again. Aka, little by little, I'd either have a quick glance at the screen or something like that.

It still "isn't working". I'm not forcing myself at all, but it "feels weird" in a way: I used to enjoy it when it was decent, now I can't deal with it at all, it physically makes me sick.

o.o ... I really wonder what happened back then, lol.
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay


Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

Locked