/!\ Pornography/Sexuality

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

User avatar
Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:24 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by Sailorasteroid » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:09 pm

Legal age of consent varies state to state, country to country, and sometimes it varies by gender.

But IMO moral age is different. There are some people who are mature enough at 12 to handle it. I don't think it's right to make a blanket statement that no 12-year old should ever have sex, because if there's one who's ready, his or her right to it shouldn't be infringed upon.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

490

User avatar
ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:08 am
Location: University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill
Contact:

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:52 am

See, I really disagree with that because I don't believe any 12 year old could be mature enough for that. For one, at 12, the body is going through so many changes that most kids don't know what they want--but they have hormones raging, and they see things like this on the news and movies. Most 18 year olds I know aren't mature enough for sex, IMO. I don't think I'm mature enough for it, but that didn't stop me. I honestly wish I hadn't slept with my ex-boyfriend, and I'm glad that we didn't do everything.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

User avatar
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:31 am
Location: Australia

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:18 am

Sailorasteroid wrote:Legal age of consent varies state to state, country to country, and sometimes it varies by gender.
Here it also varies by sexuality and *ahem* location. Straight girls here get to do It at 16, but gay guys have to wait until 18 (AFAIK, no AoC is given for straight guys or gay girls). You also have to wait the extra two years if you want to have anal sex.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

User avatar
Mark91
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:30 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Post by Mark91 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:55 pm

Well, I see nothing wrong with porn, as long as the poeple in them weren't forced into them.
I also think it's best that anyone under 16 should be having sex, but it's their life, and their decisions and most of all, their consequences.

User avatar
DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:52 pm
Location: Seattle, rain capitol of WA
Contact:

Post by DreamEmpress » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:40 am

Might as well give my two cents...

1. First of all, I've never actually seen any so I can't really give an opinion based on that. But from what little I've read about it and seen in posters and such...it doesn't really look like something I'd be comfortable with.

2. My personal opinion of sex in general has always been to wait until i'm married. I know that love and sex can be two totally different things, but at the same time sex can be a beautiful expression of love. I want to experience that with the one I choose to spend the rest of my life with. That and I want to save something new for the wedding night.

3. I don't think sex is for all ages. Definately not for teenagers. Hormones are too high during that time. (although some 20somes I know have that same problem) If you're going to have it, I'd suggest doing it when you can at least be mature about it. Use all kinds of protection and be able to handle the unexpected.

Sex education on the other hand, I suggest that anytime from 5th grade and beyond. (I had to take it starting then) You can never have enough information about your body and how to take care of it.

User avatar
Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:49 am

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:49 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:Legal age of consent varies state to state, country to country, and sometimes it varies by gender.
For more information, refer to the following site: www.ageofconsent.com
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

User avatar
Takanori-chan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:21 am
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Post by Takanori-chan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:14 pm

1)I sometimes have mixed feelings about pornography, but I do look at it from time to time. I don't have any issues with it as long as the people involved want to do it. The porn industry has a lot of shotty business habits and performers often make next to nothing in comparison to the film makers. Also there are problems with the circulation of STI's (in case anyone doesn't know they are actually calling them infections now - disease makes it sound a bit damning). There are clinics for the performers but as they have sex for a living they are bound to come in contact with something at some point. Also, often condoms aren't used in straight porn because the risk of HIV is somewhat lower than with gay porn where it is mandatory to wear condoms (but there are still barebacking partys and such nonetheless). Then there is also an association with the porn industry and drugs, where a lot of people do it so they can feed their addiction and may allow themselves to be in more compromising situations.

2) Sex in itself is a natural human expression. Yes procreation does play into part of the picture, but human sexuality is not that cut and dry. Everyone needs to express their sexuality in one way or another (but abstinance is definately a viable option). I feel it is important for people to be educated about it and to come to their own conclusions - and I think it's abhorent for parents to deny their children this knowledge.

3) I think that if people want to have sex they should be allowed to, assuming that they do know their responsibilities and possible consequences. of course they should be around the same age if they are anywhere under 18. There is nothing wrong with two twelve year olds fooling around as long as they know about and use protection. And as far as teenage pregnancy goes I think that a lot of cases don't necessarily have to do with irresponsibility but more with lack of knowledge. Also I think lots of teenagers can have sex because of peer pressure and usually while drunk - which is a problem within itself.

I'd have to say that the biggest issue here is education. The more info kids have the more equipped they are to make their own decisions.
:shock:

User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:28 am

1) I hadn't been posting here yet because I'm not all that good with debating stuff and such, but I guess I"ll give this thread a shot. For the first question, I myself don't see much appeal in pornography. I've read a few hentai fics here and there, but usually they'll at least have a good story and character development to make it more interesting. It's boring to me if all the fic is about is just sex. I haven't seen a full-length pornographic video though, and I don't really attend to. However, I have watched a few short porn video clips online, but whenever I try to watch porn I start getting a little disturbed. I don't understand why that while live-action porn bothers me a lot, reading something like a hentai fic doesn't bother me any.

It's not that I think other people who like porn are sick or anything. It just makes me sick trying to watch it. Also, I've heard that most pornography videos usually have poor acting and bad story lines, and to me having a good storyline and interesting characters are the two most important things of any form of fictional story. Plus, you usually have to pay money for the good pornography, and I don't see the appeal of having to pay money to watch other people having sex, when I could do it myself if I wanted to, but that's just me.

2)Before I post my opinion on question two, I wanted to make it clear first that I am in no way condemning anyone else. I am simply stating my opinion, but I am not condemning anyone else. I just wanted to mention this because many times in the past when I participated in discussions like this, somebody jumped to the conclusion that I was condemning them just because I disagreed with them, but I wasn't condemning them at all and that is still true for this post. I am not condemning anyone at all. I am only stating my opinion; nothing more and nothing less. Now that I've got that out of the way, I personally wouldn't have sex with anyone unless it was in a marriage relationship.

I believe that sex should only be done inside a marriage relationship and any sex outside of marriage is counted as fornication. Because I beleive fornication to be a sin, I don't believe I should have sex with anyone unless I was married to them (once again I am not condeming anyone else who feels differently from me; I am only stating my opinion). I'd also wouldn't want to have sex with someone unless I was ready to commit and accept all the risks, and I wouldn't feel that way unless I was married to them. And I'd feel more secure having sex with someone I'm married to as well. Because even if I do get the wife pregant or if we both somehow get STDs, I know she won't leave me for it because we were both willing to accept all risks and commitments then, and she'll know I won't leave her for it, either. However, this is only my personal belief and I'm not trying to condemn anyone else. I hope that my response to this question hasn't offended anyone and if it did, I hope you will forgive me for it.

3) No, I don't believe that sex is for all ages. I already posted that I feel sex should only be in a marriage relationship, but I also think that just because a kid might know what sex is, doesn't mean that they understand what sex is. Likewise, just because a kid knows what love is doesn't mean they understand what it is. If they're going to have sex before marriage anyway, I think they should at least be at an age where they're able to understand everything about it, such as all the risks and commitments they have to be ready to take. I also think that you have to be able to accept any commitments, such as being able to support a family without the help of your parents, and being graduated from college is a big plus, too. However, I think sex ed should be taught in sixth grade. To me, that's the age when kids are being pressured by their peers the most and can often make stupid mistakes, so I agree that it's important for them to know what they're getting into before they do something they might regret later. Anyway, there's my two cents on this subject.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

User avatar
Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:24 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by Sailorasteroid » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:27 pm

In the wake of the recent announcement, I feel the need to resurrect this topic to express come feelings. I hope it will be understood that I am not trying to be whiny or petulant. Furthermore, I am neither requesting nor expecting anyone to take action as a result of this post. It is simply an opinion like many I have expressed before. That being said, I proceed with what as far as I know is an original premise: The Sex-Racquetball Analysis.

Racquetball is a physical activity. It is usually performed with a partner, and though it can be done alone, it is considered less enjoyable. It can be done in private, or in certain clubs dedicated to the purpose. While practice helps to make one adept, even a first-timer can go through the motions with a modicum of success. Devotees will claim that it is quite stimulating and an enjoyable way to pass the time.

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this: that all of the above holds true if you replace the word "racquetball" with the word "sex."

However, the above is a physical description of the activity. Let's look at the social aspects:

Racquetball can be discussed freely in any company. Sex talk must be tailored to the occassion.

Hiring a professional to play racquetball with you for purposes of improvement or recreation is common practice. Hiring a professional for sex is widely illegal.

Describing one's exploits on the racquetball court will be met with no more surprise or reaction than any other tale. Discussing one's sexual activities is considered too much information.

A game can be played between friends with virtually no change to the friendship because of it. Sex between friends can often cause complications.

Conversely, if a game of racquetball is refused by a friend, no deeper meaning is attached. With sex, refusal can quickly lead to strife.

I could go on, but I believe the point is made. So my conclusion is that the common collective view of sex is hypocritical. Physically, it little differs from many other activities, but socially it breeds taboos and is considered not for general discussion. And to those who do not see it as such? Too bad, go treat it as a cloistered subject.

I take a sort of '60s, Robert Heinlein view of sex: that it should be freely offered, discussed and accepted or rejected according to the person's own standards. I feel this should be the societal norm, with sexless discussion being relegated to the cloisters. I look forward to a day when the present sexual view is considered an anachronism.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

490

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 955
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: Oswego, NY
Contact:

Post by Sylphiel » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:35 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:In the wake of the recent announcement, I feel the need to resurrect this topic to express come feelings. I hope it will be understood that I am not trying to be whiny or petulant. Furthermore, I am neither requesting nor expecting anyone to take action as a result of this post. It is simply an opinion like many I have expressed before. That being said, I proceed with what as far as I know is an original premise: The Sex-Racquetball Analysis.

Racquetball is a physical activity. It is usually performed with a partner, and though it can be done alone, it is considered less enjoyable. It can be done in private, or in certain clubs dedicated to the purpose. While practice helps to make one adept, even a first-timer can go through the motions with a modicum of success. Devotees will claim that it is quite stimulating and an enjoyable way to pass the time.

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this: that all of the above holds true if you replace the word "racquetball" with the word "sex."

However, the above is a physical description of the activity. Let's look at the social aspects:

Racquetball can be discussed freely in any company. Sex talk must be tailored to the occassion.

Hiring a professional to play racquetball with you for purposes of improvement or recreation is common practice. Hiring a professional for sex is widely illegal.

Describing one's exploits on the racquetball court will be met with no more surprise or reaction than any other tale. Discussing one's sexual activities is considered too much information.

A game can be played between friends with virtually no change to the friendship because of it. Sex between friends can often cause complications.

Conversely, if a game of racquetball is refused by a friend, no deeper meaning is attached. With sex, refusal can quickly lead to strife.

I could go on, but I believe the point is made. So my conclusion is that the common collective view of sex is hypocritical. Physically, it little differs from many other activities, but socially it breeds taboos and is considered not for general discussion. And to those who do not see it as such? Too bad, go treat it as a cloistered subject.

I take a sort of '60s, Robert Heinlein view of sex: that it should be freely offered, discussed and accepted or rejected according to the person's own standards. I feel this should be the societal norm, with sexless discussion being relegated to the cloisters. I look forward to a day when the present sexual view is considered an anachronism.
Really good post, and I agree with all of it. I don't have much to add since you pretty much summed up how I feel too.
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr


So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:40 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:Physically, it little differs from many other activities.
New life is not created from playing racquetball. Thus, your entire argument breaks down utterly because of this false equation of sex with "any other physical activity". There is far, FAR more involved when two people are engaged in sexual intercourse than when they smack a rubber ball around with a bat, and to think that they are even remotely similar is nothing more than an idealist's belief in trying to impose his view on others and complain about the decisions mandated by the administration. I'm sorry, Sailorasteroid, but this entire manifesto reads ENTIRELY like whining against our new suggestions.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:44 pm

Starscream wrote:I'm sorry, Sailorasteroid, but this entire manifesto reads ENTIRELY like whining against our new suggestions.
Definitely going to have to agree here. This whole post reads like a giant whine...and I personally feel you're hijacking a thread that is meant to discuss Akarui's specific pornography/sex questions for your own personal arguments.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by Panda » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:02 pm

Um... Raquetball is lame.
------------------------------------


1) What do you think of pornography ?

I guess it depends on the type really. I don't see naything wrong with it as long as the people involved gave their consent before hand. Live child pornography I find very disturbing but drawings and animations are fine there I guess.

I tolerate it, for lack of a better word.

2) What do you think about sex in general ?

There is nothing wrong with it. It's what creates life. Every single being on this planet was created through sex and for people to say that there is something wrong with it... well, they're stupid (That has nothing to do with the new rule; I'm talking more about reliogous beliefs and schools and stuff. Certain things about sex are inappropriate, yes.)

3) Do you think sex is for all ages ?

I believe this can all be brought to the question of maturity. I don't think children should have sex and I don't think and older man/women and a younger boy/girl should engage in intercourse either for morality reasons.

I've had sex before, I wish I didn't alot of times but not because I didn't think I was ready...

Either way, I considered myself mature enough to handle it but I can see alot of other girls my age not being able to. Becoming attached and so on...

User avatar
Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:01 am
Location: In a hot-air balloon

Post by Musashi » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:20 am

>Porn
It's fine.
But it disgusts me when so many guys think girls actually look like that. ... DUDE. Most girls aren't completely hairless besides their head-hair or bleach their anuses (nor do most normal guys...)

>Sex
I just see it as another way to express your love, like kissing, or hugging or whatever.
Don't see nothin' wrong with it. ... Plus, babies! Yay, babieeesss... <3 Er. Um. Yeah. I'm a 'wait until I'm married' person. I don't think any less of people who have had sex before marriage, though, even if I don't agree with it for /myself./ ^^ Do NOT agree with rape and never will. That's just horrible.
Don't agree with prostitution really and don't really get why some people seem to think it's the answer to whatever sex-related problem they have- I just find it creepy and risky. But I just have personal issues with it and we won't get into that... besides that mothers should so, so, so not pimp their unwilling/unknowing daughters.

>Age
... I dunno. ^^; I just think if you haven't even hit puberty yet, you're waaaay too young.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 955
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: Oswego, NY
Contact:

Post by Sylphiel » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:24 am

Musashi wrote:>Porn
It's fine.
But it disgusts me when so many guys think girls actually look like that. ... DUDE. Most girls aren't completely hairless besides their head-hair or bleach their anuses (nor do most normal guys...)
I completely agree. That's one of my biggest pet peeves/dislikes about porn videos and magazines, the fact that they almost never show realistic looking women. It's always women with implants, shaved EVERYTHING, photoshopped bodies, and stuff like that. Not only does it hurt women's self image, but it makes guys come to expect this unrealistic fantasy in reality that isn't the real world.

I imagine amateur porn might be better about this, but who knows.
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr


So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:54 am

Sylphiel wrote:
I completely agree. That's one of my biggest pet peeves/dislikes about porn videos and magazines, the fact that they almost never show realistic looking women. It's always women with implants, shaved EVERYTHING, photoshopped bodies, and stuff like that. Not only does it hurt women's self image, but it makes guys come to expect this unrealistic fantasy in reality that isn't the real world.

I imagine amateur porn might be better about this, but who knows.
Amateur porn definitely is better about this. You see all kinds of girls in amateur porn.

And meh, I'm inclined to disagree. Most men I know who watch porn KNOW that real women don't look liek this, but simply enjoy watching two lesbians get it on. Some men who watch porn have very real-looking girlfriends that they love, and know that real woman don't have implants, and have curves, and have flaws, etc. I don't think you guys are giving men enough credit. They're not all brainless idiots who think with their wee-wees.

And face it, that's what society pushes as the perfect woman ANYWAY. Look at the clothes we're expected to wear. Look at the fashion magazines. It isn't just porn that pushes this image.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 955
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: Oswego, NY
Contact:

Post by Sylphiel » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Tiff wrote:
Sylphiel wrote:And meh, I'm inclined to disagree. Most men I know who watch porn KNOW that real women don't look liek this, but simply enjoy watching two lesbians get it on. Some men who watch porn have very real-looking girlfriends that they love, and know that real woman don't have implants, and have curves, and have flaws, etc. I don't think you guys are giving men enough credit. They're not all brainless idiots who think with their wee-wees.

And face it, that's what society pushes as the perfect woman ANYWAY. Look at the clothes we're expected to wear. Look at the fashion magazines. It isn't just porn that pushes this image.
I never said it was... and you're right, it's not just porn, it's a lot of things. Porn just adds to it. It's another reason why sometimes its hard for me to stomach TV anymore or many magazines or hell, most new media. (other than it just flat out being terrible as of late). And it's always been that way to a degree, I agree, but I think it's gotten a lot worse in recent years.

In a Women in the Media class that I took, we were shown some of the most recent statistics for anorexia and bulemia for college-age girls... it's completely astounding. It's utterly disgusting how prevalent it is now. Very sad.

*stabs people like Paris Hilton*
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr


So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:38 pm

Sylphiel wrote:
I never said it was... and you're right, it's not just porn, it's a lot of things. Porn just adds to it. It's another reason why sometimes its hard for me to stomach TV anymore or many magazines or hell, most new media. (other than it just flat out being terrible as of late). And it's always been that way to a degree, I agree, but I think it's gotten a lot worse in recent years.

In a Women in the Media class that I took, we were shown some of the most recent statistics for anorexia and bulemia for college-age girls... it's completely astounding. It's utterly disgusting how prevalent it is now. Very sad.

*stabs people like Paris Hilton*
And I never said you said it was. =P People can give an argument without putting words in your mouth, you konw. I'm not even sure what you're referring to here. o.O You never said WHAT was WHAT?

Yes, the media has gotten out of control with it. It is extremely sad the amount of girls who hate their body image becuase of magazines, tv, the clothing industry, etc. It took me years to finally be okay with what I look like. Yes, I could stand to lose some weight, but I don't need to be a skinny twig with perky boobs, etc.

My point is just merely that guys usually watch porn for the mere sex factor and becuase it's an easy way to get off, not becuase they constantly fantasize about those women. My boyfriend personally loves curvy women (which we all know I am =P) and thinks that bleach blonde, skinny tanned image is disgusting.

Paris Hilton can burn. ><

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:46 pm

I have no idea what MY view on pronogophy would be, but I've never watched it, and I probably won't. With sexuality, if you're just a slut, then that's just... wrong, IMO. Our culture, actually, every culture, it has been considered taboo or wrong to talk about intercourse casually in a public place. If you're talking about it in say, a grocery store, that's wrong. Same for a lot of things... IMO...

To me, extremely tanned people: hope you enjoy skin cancer! :P

And yes, Paris hilton deserves to die from every STD out there. That, or get shoved up Mr. Slave's ass like in South Park.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

User avatar
Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:01 am
Location: In a hot-air balloon

Post by Musashi » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:13 pm

I'll give men more credit when I actually meet any who DON'T believe that everything in porn is real. ... But only a little more credit. None if they've 20 or over.

From what I've heard, yeah, amateur porn has more body types.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Locked