Let's talk about wrestling (as in WWE, TNA, etc.)

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Let's talk about wrestling (as in WWE, TNA, etc.)

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:47 pm

Do you watch any pro wrestling at all? And please, don't give me any of this "it's fake, it's scripted, and only rednecks watch it" BS. I already know this, though I strongly disagree with the redneck part.

As for me, I've been a big fan of it, but however, during my time in Bagdhad, I never got to see what happened on Raw and Smackdown.

I'm also considering watching NWA TNA, if I get the chance.
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:07 pm

I got into pro wrestling in 1990, started liking Hulk Hogan, and switched to being a Bret Hart fan as a kind of rebellion. His '91 match with Curt Hennig is still IMO the best ever. I even went to WrestleMania X in New York to see Hart win the world title. I watched faithfully until 1995 and the era of Shawn Michaels, who I can't stand. I still can't see him as anything other than the blond Rocker. Then I watched only casually until the nWo came along, which I still say was a brilliant idea poorly executed. They should have worked toward splitting the nWo into its own organization dedicated to sex and violence, a kind of ECW with a budget. But they didn't, and I stopped watching again till late 1999, so I missed the early Austin era, but I still became a fan of his, as well as of The Rock. I watched through 2000 and saw the WWF put on great shows and WCW do horrible things (*coughDavidArquettecough*), and I enjoyed seeing them go down. But then after Wrestlemania XVII they did the silly Austin heel turn and the horrible Invasion storyline. So I've stopped watching really. My problem is that wheras once I could watch any given show and have reasonable assurance that the good guys would win, or if they didn't, would eventually, but today the Triple H's seem to come out on top too often, and if I wanted to have unknown outcomes I'd go watch real sports.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:15 pm

I'm watching Smackdown as I type this. ^^;;

As a kid, I liked watching wrestling now and then, if I remember correctly there were shows on Saturdays after cartoons, and yes this was a long time ago. However my parents got rid of cable when I was in kindergarden, possibly pre-school I forget, and wrestling disappeared along with it. Since I was so young, I don't remember much from it besides really big names like Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior, and such.

In 8th grade, I was re-introduced to wrestling, as around that time I made a few new friends and they watched and imitated it often. So I got to see some shows through them for a while, until we got cable back in our house in 9th grade, when I could finally watch it at my own house, and I could relish in the awesomeness of the Monday Night War. Monday nights from 8 - 11 was always wrestling night, first hour all WCW Nitro and the last two switching between that and WWF Raw, and sometimes even taping one to focus on the other for that night. I watched all their mainstream shows, their weekend shows, and now and then my friends and I ordered pay per views when there was a ppv that really caught our interest. Ironically, a good percentage of the ppvs we ordered back then were ECW's. I see these years in the late 90s as the golden years of wrestling, as all three big names were pulling out their best stuff and doing awesome jobs before the WWF bought out their competition. It was cool for a while to see all the superstars together since it didn't seem possible, but the WWF wore that off quick. One of us also got a bunch of tapes from various Japanese federations, and let me tell you, the Japanese feds blow what we have out of the water.

Going to college, I never really stopped, though there were times where there were pauses in watching since it didn't seem like they were trying to keep good matches and such. Too many screw jobs, too much predictibility, it wasn't as fun to watch at points. Though when I decided to watch again after pauses, I was always eager to find out what I missed, even if I knew I might be disappointed. Now living in my house, me and Mike (sometimes Hugh watches too) have ordered almost all of the ppvs since they usually do a good job in delivering there, though have decided to not anymore before our lease runs out except for the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania, though right now we're fighting in our heads if we should order this Sunday's ppv because of the Elimation Chamber World Title match, which we probably will.

As for comments on trends nowadays, I'd have to say I hate HHH. Pre-injury in 2000, he was good but nowadays he's a whiny bitch who can't win a match without help, which is sad. I do have to give the WWE credit in recent months on trying to improve, Raw Interactive is a welcome addition that makes watching Raw more fun and tests your knowledge on wrestling trivia, Taboo Tuesday was a great innovation to have the fans vote for matches and stipluations and such, the Fantasy Salary Cap game seems fun (I just don't want to spend money playing), and the fans voting who got a contract on each show (divas on Raw, WWE superstar on Smackdown) is a cool idea, though I think they got too much airtime, and the diva search seemed a tad pointless since half of them got contracts. But I gotta give them credit for actually trying nowadays and for the most part doing well. I'll type more about what I think about current storylines and such later in this thread since this post came out longer than I thought. ^^;;;

To finish off though, favorites of the moment:

* Randy Orton - always has impressed me since his debut, and very deserving of the youngest ever World Champion
* Shelton Benjamin - I saw his first match on Heat one night and was impressed, and he's among the best today in my view, good to see him holding the Intercontinental Championship
* Chris Jericho - one of the first ones I saw when I got cable back when he was in WCW, and I've loved his style and everything since then
* Rob Van Dam - one of the best in ECW (which had the best talent and skills imo) and still does great work today
* John Cena - great ringwork, great micwork, great all around, and the smallest person I've seen that can lift the Big Show off the ground and perform an air finisher

I could add more, but I'm gonna stop right there. Wrestling is like a durg for me, I can never seem to get enough. ^^;;;;
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:33 pm

I watched wrestling occasionally somewhere in 1998- 2000. Around the same time I was getting into a lof oteh wrestling video games on SNES and N64. Oh and The Rock is hawt :D
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:04 pm

The one thing that baffles is that Triple H is probably the most hated wrestler, not just in the ring, but in real life. I can think of some of the reasons why they hate him:

1. He's married to Stephanie McMahon (in real life, BTW)
2. He has the most creative influence on Raw (along with Shawn Michaels)
3. As Brock Lesnar puts it in an interview, Trips was GIVEN the World Heavyweight title
4. He's known to give the shaft to the other, more talented wrestlers (Jericho and Benoit comes to mind)
5. He gets too much TV time

To those who complain about Trips, you should have checked out Jeff Jarrett on TNA. His daddy runs the organization (with financial backing coming from a power company), he holds on the NWA title for as long as he pleases, and the fact that he's on their booking committee. Now, that he's off the booking committee, he now has "Big Lazy" Kevin Nash and Scott Hall on his side.

UPDATE: I also forgot to mention that I'm considering myself to be a wrestling "smark".
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:23 pm

All that is true, but except for #1, they all applied to Hulk Hogan, and I liked him. The problem with Trips is that he does it all as a heel. Ric Flair did that par excellence, but he also did his best to put over Sting, Lex Luger, the Steiners, everyone. Trips just puts over himself, and if a guy goes out of his way to make me hate him, and then always wins, what's my motivation for watching?

Non sequitur: since Dan mentioned The Ultimate Warrior, and a lot of people don't like him, but I think that in the first five minutes of a match, there was none better. Like in Royal Rumble 91 against Sgt. Slaughter, where he beat Slaughter within an inch of his life before Randy Savage attacked him. Same thing in SummerSlam 89 (a *great* pay-per-view, with hilarious commentary by Tony Schiovane and Jesse Ventura) against Rick Rude. Or then in Wrestlemania VII against Randy Savage, he started slow and made every move count, to underscore the bad blood between them.

just something I've thought of.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

I <3 all you guys!

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:33 pm

The one thing I can theroize right now is that despite what people may think of him, Trips could be grooming Orton to challenge him once again, maybe at Wrestlemania.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:17 am

When he decides to not make himself the main event for a PPV then I'll be impressed. It's one thing to help bring people up, it's another thing to essentially refuse to give others time to shine. It appeared that things were going to look up with all the events leading up to the World Title Elimination Chamber match at New Year's Revolution, I thought there was going to be changena d it looked promising, instead HHH can say he has another title reign. -_-;; I wouldn't care as much if he at least won matches on his own. Pretty pitful that you can't win matches on your own that are already staged.

And you mentioned Brock Lesnar being interviewed in a time where HHH was handed the title. That's a wrong statement, but some background about how I feel about Brock Lesnar. Brock is someone who I hate in the company as much or even more than HHH. He JUMPED the ladder and was very undeserving of everything good that happened. For around 8 months if I remember correctly, he never had a lost "by pinfall or submission," meaning that he either got DQed or didn't get caught and won via help from Paul Heyman. He got the Undisputied Title shot only months of premiering on television, by a screwjob in the final King of the Ring, and worse yet, he was given the title then. NO ONE should get a shot at the main gold that fast, and they definetly should not win it. I was annoyed enough when they gave The Rock the title in the ppv before Summerslam simply because he was out of action for so long, and then they have him job to a rookie. In any case, it was because in the storyline, Brock decided that he never wanted to appear on Raw, that caused the Undisputed Title to split into the WWE Championship (Smackdown) and the World Heavyweight Championship (Raw). So there's no way he was given an interview when HHH was handed the title since he was the cause for that to occur.

Not to mention Brock wasn't even the company for two years. They brought him up so fast, kept him at the top, and he decided there was no reason to stay I would think, and moved on. If I were Vince I would be downright pissed that so much energy was spent building and keeping a superstar up just for them to be gone a short time later.

It's when we have 1st level champions that we have now that make wrestling tough to watch, since they can't even appear to be deserving of their titles since they always have help to win matches. Thankfully we have the 2nd level title holders who just plain kickass, and honestly should be holding the first level belts. Until a screwjob a couple weeks back, IC title holder Shelton Benjamin was undefeated againse World Champ HHH. US title holder John Cena has fought against so many tough battles in the past that WWE Champ JBL can't even begin to comprehend

Here's hoping the Royal Rumble leads to some change for the good for the company for 2005. *lifts glass up and takes a shot*
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:24 pm

IMO, I think Smackdown had dropped the ball when they put the WWE Title around JBL's waist. I'll have to admit that Eddie Guerrero was left without a heel who can draw a crowd after Lesnar's shocking departure and that Angle underwent neck surgery again, but still...

I think that the WWE booking committee should bring back Paul Heyman on the committee. In my view, it was the company politics that had Heyman kicked off the committee.

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:52 pm

After seeing the results for this year's Royal Rumble, I think that this year's Wrestlemania is going to suck.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:14 am

WrestleMania 21 is tonight! Here's the card and my picks, this is a long post warning since I'm going to explain my picks:

* World Heavyweight Championship: HHH (c) vs Batista

I choose Batista on this one. With one exception (WrestleMania 2000) the Royal Rumble winner has always won at WrestleMania. Add into this that over the past few months, even a couple months before the rumble, Batista has out-performed HHH, especially shown in the "Beat the Clock" matches on RAW leading up to the Elimination Chamber title match. He also beat the then tag team champions on his own to get his spot in the Rumble. Batista clearly out-matches HHH, and there's only so long before people start tuning out just because of the title holder either not changing or not earning his victories, where we have both with HHH (and JBL below).

* WWE Championship: JBL (c) vs John Cena

JBL's title reign is a joke, pure and simple. Cena will win the belt hands down. They screwed him out of the US title, and he is the most deserving superstar on the show to hold a title, and I think taking away the US belt was to put the WWE belt around his waist where it belongs. Over the past couple years, Cena has fought through amazing odds and has almost always come up on top. JBL having the title is a joke, and his entire reign as champion is also a joke. I have more respect for HHH and the World title because at least HHH has had one clean victory, which tells you a lot about what I think of JBL, since I have a huge disdain for HHH since his return from his injury. Like I said above, people will tune out if something doesn't happen with the title. If Cena had the belt, he would be able to carry a long reign and still get ratings because he's a fighting champion who's already proved he can do about anything in the ring.

* Women's Championship: Trish (c) vs Christy w/ Lita

I've gotta go with Christy on this one. It would be good rating-wise since she won the diva search, she's under Lita's training, and has already pinned former champion Molly. For some reason, I see Lita turning on Christy at some point, probably after she wins the title. WWE likes to throw in twists like that which don't make much sense, so I wouldn't be too suprised.

* Money in the Bank 6-man Ladder Match, winner get's a World Title shot anytime they want within a year up to and including WM22:
Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit vs Edge vs Christian vs Shelton Benjamin (IC Champ) vs Kane

This.... is really tough to call. The fact that the winner can give themselves a title shot whenever they want within a year really makes this match all the more interesting. Except for Benjamin, all have had great success in ladder matches, and except for Chsirtian imo, all are deserving of the World Title. I'm going to say Edge will win this match, since he has yet to hold the World Title and got screwed out of winning it from HHH. I pick Jericho as my second pick just because it's been so long since he's had a shot for the title and he's long overdue for one.

* Interpromotional match: Undertaker (12 - 0 in WrestleMania) vs Randy Orton

I give this match to Orton. Before anyone goes spewing about how it's impossible to beat Taker in WrestleMania, hear me out. Every WM before this one, his undefeated streak is barely mentioned, if mentioned at all, leading up to and at WM. I have been saying the past few years or so that once they make a storyline based on it, he will lose. They did, and I believe he will. Orton is the perfect person to do this, he has already had made great accomplishments in his career, and ending the legacy of the Undertaker at WM will add on to that perfectly.

* Interpromotional Match: Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle

This match will be the best one-on-one match all night, because these are two of the best athletes in the company, both have had amazing success their entire careers, and that they have never been in a match together. They're great performers and will have an awesome match tonight, probably the best of the year. Michaels has always amazed the crowd, as has Angle, and throwing Marty Jannety in the mix for that week just showed it even more for both superstars. This can go either way, though I think Angle might barely come out on top for Michaels to pass on the torch to him.

* First ever tag team champions to have a singles match on WM: Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

This match will also be an amazing match, and I pick Eddie over Rey. Mysterio has gotten the better over Eddie in various matches over the past few months so Eddie is due for a victory. Plus a singles victory sich as this for him would also propel him into the title hunt later down the line.

* Sumo Match: Big Show vs Akebono (former Grand Sumo Champion)

I give this to Akebono purly because of his experience. He outweighs Show by a little bit (though if WWE didn't make Show lose quite a bit of weight, he would've outweighted Akebono), Show is a little bit bigger than him and proved he can push his weight around knocking over that big Jeep on Smackdown a couple weeks ago, so it's a pretty even matchup. However, there's a big experience gap and there's more than just shoving, and it will show. I don't see anyone ever going in their first sumo match and defeating a multiple time grand champion.

Should be a good show, and a good time. I'm having some friends come up for it, but we might go to Kev's instead since they have a better place with a big screen TV and they'll be more people there to enjoy it.
Last edited by MarioKnight on Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:20 pm

Your faith is admirable. That is a good slate of what should happen, but whether it will depends on the whim of the bookers. I can easily see Trips keeping his belt, or Cena being made into a perpetually screwed loser, or Undertaker demanding to keep his streak until retirement.

If the business is cyclical as the people in charge seem to say, then I can't help feeling we're still stuck in the doldrums between peaks. To compare to the last boom, the Austin/Rock era, this seems like the period before the big changes, as it was in, say, 1995. You've still got people left over from the last period of success, and many people are still tied to them. What's going to need to happen is that people like Trips and Michaels and Benoit are going to have to leave the in-ring competition entirely (become managers or commentators or go off screen), the second-tier guys like Jericho and Edge are going to have to move into that "old guy" role, and the recent stars like Orton and Batista and Cena are going to have to start getting main event matches with the rookies still to come. The upper card is still plagued with people who outlived their usefulness in 2000 and I think it's preventing new fans from being drawn in. When Austin and Rocky made their names and became huge stars, they didn't do it by fighting Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage and trying to live up to them, they did it by clobbering the Faarooqs and Savio Vegas of the world until fans realized these guys were a cut above the rest.

I <3 all you guys!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Yeah, I agree with that 100%. Not to mention they need actual competition. Competition made wrestling that much better, the 90s were definetly the golden years imo.

WrestleMania wasn't really too bad tonight. I called 5 out of the 8 matches correctly, so I'm pretty happy. And only one of the three that I didn't call I cared about. Damn Undertaker just refuses to lose, Orton should've had the pinfall after he reversed the Chokeslam to an RKO, the count was long enough. That would've been alright though if he got the Tombstone off since that was awesome, but not tonight. Oh well. At least for the first time in a long time, pretty much all the belts are being held by deserving superstars (Orlando Jordan being the US champ hasn't earned being deserving of the title yet imo).
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:56 pm

I used to be really into wrestling back in the day, up until Stone Cold started licking Vince McMahon's ass. But now, Im slowly gettin back into it- mostly because my brothersand cousins love it, and I don't wanna feel left out.

I mostly watch Raw for 3 people: Batista, Randy Orton, and Trish.

Batista has always been cool. And he's the World champ! Yea! I hope the rumors about him pumping steroids aint true...but it seems very likely.

I always liked Randy Orton too. Ever since he spit on Mankind's face. I couldn't stand Mick Foley at ALL! When he RKO'd Stacey Keebler, it was hilarious. But I did see it coming.

Trish Stratus is the hottest of all the girls in the WWE. On top of that, she's funny. She comes out every week and insults somebody (Lita, Christy(I call her the Wild Cowgirl) I thought it was really funny when she kicked Christy in the head and sprayed SLUT on her back a few weeks ago.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:52 am

Jonathan wrote:I used to be really into wrestling back in the day, up until Stone Cold started licking Vince McMahon's ass. But now, Im slowly gettin back into it- mostly because my brothersand cousins love it, and I don't wanna feel left out.
That was when Austin turned heel after WM17, right?

The way I see it, after WM, the WWE is now banking on Batista and John Cena to "take the ball and run with it" on their respective brands.

But of course, Triple H is doing it so that he can go for his "11th" total reign as World Champion (technically, his fifth as the Raw WC).

I'm finally glad that JBL no longer has the WWE title. Why they put it around him is beyond me, other than that (at the time) there was no major heel after Lesnar's walkout and Angle being sidelined with his neck injuries.

Speaking of Brock-o, it looks like he shot himself in the foot when he left the WWE to play football which never took off, and then berated the wrestling industry!

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Tue May 10, 2005 10:29 pm

Chiming in my 2 cents on this whole Edge-Lita-Matt Hardy mess, I'll say this:

MATT HARDY SCREWED MATT HARDY, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

I understand how Matt feels after Edge betrayed him and began dating Lita behind his wife's (Edge) back, but he paid a big price for airing out the dirty laundry, and as a result, whenever Edge or Lita makes an appearance, the fans would shout "You screwed Matt " and "We want Matt" at them, and it became a huge mess when Raw took place at MSG in New York. That, and Matt was released from the WWE.

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Mon May 23, 2005 8:49 pm

Just as I predicted, last week, Lita has offically turned heel and against her "husband", Kane, and allowing Edge to be the NEW number 1 contender for the Raw World Title!

And back in North Carolina, Matt Hardy is throwing a fit on why the WWE is cashing in on the events happening towards himself, Edge, and Lita!

Well, the only thing I gotta say is this:

You brought it upon yourself, Matt, to air the dirty laundry!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue May 24, 2005 4:25 pm

Here's something interesting that should be good if done right, the return of ECW. Seeing the promos for ECW's One Night Stand got me excited, and then with what happened on Raw last night with the big three gives me high hopes for an awesome ECW PPV and possible revival. For a wrestling fan of the 90s, last night having Vince McMahon, Eric Bishoff, and Paul Heyman all in the ring at the same time was definetly the most surreal sight ever. It's too bad that the ECW rules match between Benoit and Tajiri that followed that awesome moment did a piss poor job in keeping up that momentum for the ECW PPV. Seriously, that match couldn't have been more than three minutes, and while it was nice seeing the hardcore style used in the ring again, it was used to a minimum. I'll be ordering the ECW PPV, but there better not be that kind of shit on it. With Heyman running ECW again, I have faith that this PPV will be a good one. I can't wait for more details on it and to see it.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Wed May 25, 2005 6:40 am

MarioKnight wrote:Here's something interesting that should be good if done right, the return of ECW. Seeing the promos for ECW's One Night Stand got me excited, and then with what happened on Raw last night with the big three gives me high hopes for an awesome ECW PPV and possible revival. For a wrestling fan of the 90s, last night having Vince McMahon, Eric Bishoff, and Paul Heyman all in the ring at the same time was definetly the most surreal sight ever. It's too bad that the ECW rules match between Benoit and Tajiri that followed that awesome moment did a piss poor job in keeping up that momentum for the ECW PPV. Seriously, that match couldn't have been more than three minutes, and while it was nice seeing the hardcore style used in the ring again, it was used to a minimum. I'll be ordering the ECW PPV, but there better not be that kind of shit on it. With Heyman running ECW again, I have faith that this PPV will be a good one. I can't wait for more details on it and to see it.
Actually, Heyman is just serving as a "creative consultant", pitching ideas to the real guys running ONS, namely Jim Ross, Tommy Dreamer, and Johnny Ace. But fortunately, Nipple H (Wrestlecrap.com's term for Mrs. Triple H) isn't involved whatsoever!

The worst thing that could happen is when Triple H DOES show up at ONS.

I also took a look at the other ECW reunion show, Hardcore Homecoming, but this is run by TNA's Shane Douglas and Jeremy Borash, and it takes place at the original ECW Arena, Viking Hall.

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:05 pm

On the topic of One Night Stand, Raw's Eric Bischoff and Smackdown's Kurt Angle recently announced that they're going to visit the show with some of the heels who were never in ECW, to kill it once and for all.

I'll say it again:

The worst thing that could happen is whether Triple H DOES show up at the PPV.

My prediction: It'll guarantee to suck, now that the WWE may decide to do an Invasion-type angle for the PPV.