Let's talk about wrestling (as in WWE, TNA, etc.)

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:13 pm

So a buddy of mine and me decided to order Summerslam tonight. With it being one of the big 4 of WWE PPVs and the return of Triple H and Rey Mysterio, it seemed like a good buy. And for the most part it was. Both return matches were pretty good, the IC match wasn't that bad (though I really wanted Kennedy to win the title), pretty good ECW title match, sucky World title match but was pretty much expected. Any match with Khali is pretty much doomed to fail and even the crowd was chanting boring during the whole thing.

Then we get to the main event, Cena defending the WWE title against Randy Orton. The match was nearly a half hour long, with lots of boos for Cena and cheers for Orton, with most of the crowd wanting Orton to take the title from Cena, just as me and my buddy wanted to see as well. And it looked like it was going to happen, Orton dominated at least 90% of the match. Cena was only really able to successfully connect five, maybe six, moves during the entire match, and only two of them were one right after the other, all the rest were scattered through the match. ........And he still won. Fucking ridiculous. I mean, what more does one have to do to take the damn title from him? And how does the WWE expect fans to take the WWE title seriously now with someone who just does not lose? 24 out of the past 27 months with him on top, it's time for a change. Orton deserved the title tonight, especially after his great performance. I was hoping that some respect would be brought back to the title by having someone more deserving win it, but I guess that's too much to ask.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:51 am

Cena won? DX

I have only been watching RAW for about two months now, and I'm already tired of Cena. He's not that interesting (the whole "street cred" angle makes me cringe). I had no idea that he's held the title for that long. x_X; Orton should've taken it.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:46 am

Others are glad that Orton didn't get the title, seeing how he's a bit of a jackass backstage and off-camera. Not to mention, he just came off of a suspension because of his antics.

Good Links to follow:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TSlay1974
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alchemywedding
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:52 am

Aya Reiko wrote:Others are glad that Orton didn't get the title, seeing how he's a bit of a jackass backstage and off-camera. Not to mention, he just came off of a suspension because of his antics.

Good Links to follow:

I think it would've done some good to have a jerk win. Cena could've gained even more popularity if he were forced to fight his way up the ladder to get the title back. Cena has some good moves, but the only formula I've seen him follow is "get the crap kicked outta me then suddenly turn around and grab a win." The shake up could've freshened his character, and he could've come back as the hero that took the title from the jerk.
Last edited by NameGoesHere on Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:35 pm

Aya Reiko wrote:Others are glad that Orton didn't get the title, seeing how he's a bit of a jackass backstage and off-camera. Not to mention, he just came off of a suspension because of his antics.

Good Links to follow:

I would disagree with the logic of him being a bit of a jackass to keep him from ever holding the title, it's not like all previous title holders have been saints. I am going to have to start watching those videos though, I've been getting the itch to get back in the full loop of things which I haven't really had much of since high school, though I never stopped watching. Thanx for those.
NameGoesHere wrote:I think it would've done some good to have a jerk win. Cena could've gained even more popularity if he were forced to forced to fight his way up the ladder to get the title back. Cena has some good moves, but the only formula I've seen him follow is "get the crap kicked outta me then suddenly turn around and grab a win." The shake up could've freshened his character, and he could've come back as the hero that took the title from the jerk.
That formula has definitely been played to death and back. It would be one thing if his matches were more back and forth action that actually keeps you on your toes and actually seem like a win is believable and could go either way, but when I see Cena just take a beating for nearly half an hour only getting any offense in once every few minutes, it's just past ridiculous. It's so bad even the fans are starting to hate it. Someone at the PPV in the front had a sign like at ONS last year that said "If Cena wins, we riot," I really wish they did. After the tapes stopped rolling, he actually took the sign and taunted the fans in the ring my friend who was there told me, sadly no one took him up on that. I just don't see how anyone can find any of his matches entertaining anymore.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:48 pm

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php? ... =190521488

Looks like the WWE is really cracking down on steroid usage. They just suspended the following wrestlers.

* Randy Orton
* Charles Haas, Jr.
* Adam "Edge" Copeland
* Robert "Booker T" Huffman
* Shane Helms
* Mike Bucci
* Anthony Carelli
* John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan
* Darren "William Regal" Matthews
* Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson
* Chavo Guerrero

Don't really know what to say, but damn, Raw is gonna look all kinds of fucked up. Three main eventers and the GM? It should be interesting to watch if nothing else. And ECW loses its champion, which probably means they'll give C.M. Punk the belt since he can never seem to beat Morrison when it counts. It looks like Smackdown is relatively unaffected, Edge is already out on injury and still will be when the 30 days end, Helms hasn't really done anything in the past month, and though Chavo was just in the PPV this week, he lost so people probably won't be wondering what happened to him until the month is over and he's back.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:21 am

UPDATE:

Mike Bucci ("Hollywood Nova", "Simon Dean") has been fired by the WWE.

Looks like that 2007 could be a bad year for pro wrestling because of the Benoit thing. The WWE isn't the only one affected by this.

TNA was recently notified by Congress.

Of course, there's also Kurt Angle making an IFilm taking shots at the WWE. "Less talk, more action?" Pot, kettle, black.
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:39 am

MarioKnight wrote:http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php? ... =190521488

Looks like the WWE is really cracking down on steroid usage. They just suspended the following wrestlers.

* Randy Orton
* Charles Haas, Jr.
* Adam "Edge" Copeland
* Robert "Booker T" Huffman
* Shane Helms
* Mike Bucci
* Anthony Carelli
* John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan
* Darren "William Regal" Matthews
* Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson
* Chavo Guerrero

Don't really know what to say, but damn, Raw is gonna look all kinds of fucked up. Three main eventers and the GM? It should be interesting to watch if nothing else. And ECW loses its champion, which probably means they'll give C.M. Punk the belt since he can never seem to beat Morrison when it counts. It looks like Smackdown is relatively unaffected, Edge is already out on injury and still will be when the 30 days end, Helms hasn't really done anything in the past month, and though Chavo was just in the PPV this week, he lost so people probably won't be wondering what happened to him until the month is over and he's back.
Bonus info- All of the suspensions are for 30 days except Orton's. Orton is suspended for 60 days due to being his second offense.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Ouch, I knew he had a suspension recently but not for that.

And as expected, C.M. Punk won the ECW title in the TV tapings last night. I was kind of wondering how they would deal with the ECW belt as Morrison was the title holder, guess they decided to hold his suspension until the taping to have a clean title change.

Raw should be an interesting watch tomorrow night.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:32 pm

More info--

First Infraction: 30 day suspension
Second Infraction: 60 day suspension
Third Infraction: Contract Terminated

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Cena out with pec tear, must surrender WWE Championship

The worst thing is that the reporters is going to jump to the conclusion that "TEH STEROIIIDZZZ did it!"
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:08 pm

*sniffs* Smells like dead topic in here.

You know, I wasn't a big CM Punk fan before, but that heavy-weight title win made me one.

The drafting of Mysterio, Kofi, Kane, Punk and Batista to RAW made me happy, but now I've lost a lot of incentive to watch ECW. I'll stick around for Colin Delaney, though. (Yes, I am one of the few Colin fans... XD)