Horrid things to say

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:45 pm

Im just wondering I read and reread the start topic of this thread and the updates to "schizophrenic girl" can I ask does she truly have this disorder? cause if not I kinda find it offensive to call someone that. I suffer from schizoprhenia myself its not a easy disorder to live with and while there is no one set trademark of the disorder except a complete change in a persons personality, because people use the term schizo so lightly or to insult people many think people with this disease are mean crazed lunatics. My disorder makes it where it is hard to cope and function in certain situations but I am more quiet and reserved I deal with hallucinations and voices and other not fun things so I just wanted to make sure this girl really has that and shes not just being called schizophrenic girl as an insult. Sorry if it ruffles feathers but I just got finished venting in my personal journal about peoples insensitivity to those with mental illnesses. And no one really knows how hard it is unless they go threw life with one.

edit

okay after reading a third time, sorry sometimes it really does take me that long to get what people write. You did say you worked with people with mental illnesses. So I guess I just get mad at people who throw around the label schizo as if its not a serious disease and those who do not try to understand such disorders even though with the internet and other reliable tv mediums such as discovery health that talk about and show what people with disorders like mine go threw. Sorry if I got touchy about the subject but I just have to deal with ignorance about this so much, and its really rough.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:39 pm

ADMIN MODE:

Off the subject of Scitzophrenia, please. It was quite a few posts back (about three years ago, in fact), and is quite off-topic.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Tiff wrote: S'like the time I was chewed out by a college professor for writing my "7" the European way (with the line through it). I'd been writing it that way since I was fucking 12, because I spent quite a bit of time living in Europe.

My response to her saying it was "wrong" was "Well, gee, the rest of the world seems to disagree with you."
That teacher would have hated me then. I write my 1s and 7s the European way.

That reminded me of when I was in the second grade. My teacher constantly nit-picked over the way I colored something, as well as over the crayons I used. I never understood why she did that.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:31 pm

Tiff
S'like the time I was chewed out by a college professor for writing my "7" the European way (with the line through it). I'd been writing it that way since I was fucking 12, because I spent quite a bit of time living in Europe.

My response to her saying it was "wrong" was "Well, gee, the rest of the world seems to disagree with you."
...Bwah? What a trivial thing to nitpick. That professor probably would have exploded if they had to teach my Gr.12 English classes. One student wrote $ie in something he wrote (I don't think the teacher or any of us figured out what $ie means).
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:30 am

peachvampiress wrote:
...Bwah? What a trivial thing to nitpick. That professor probably would have exploded if they had to teach my Gr.12 English classes. One student wrote $ie in something he wrote (I don't think the teacher or any of us figured out what $ie means).
Yeah, I was in Teacher's College, and she had volunteered me to write on the board. So I was listing shit, and wrote my 7, and I hear this courtroom-drama-like gasp from her.

(teacher)..what...WHAT is that?!
(Tiff)...Well, I call it a seven.
(teacher) *nearly passes out* THAT'S NOT A SEVEN.
(Tiff)...Yes. Yes it is.
(teacher) NO. IT'S A BACKWARDS F.
(Tiff)..Last I checked, a backwards F doesn't have any lines going all the way through it. See? *writes an F*
(teacher) *glares*...Well. I certainly hope you aren't teaching your Pre-K kids (I was student teaching at the time) to write the 7 that way.
(Tiff) *stares* Do I look like an idiot? Of course I'm not. I know the proper way to teach them. But this is how I personally write a 7 when I'm not teaching, and just writing.
(teacher) well it's WRONG.
(Tiff) ..Tell that to all of Europe.
(class) *baited breath*
(teacher) *glare*
(Tiff) *glare*
(teacher)...>( *continues teaching*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 am

Tiff wrote:
peachvampiress wrote:
Yeah, I was in Teacher's College, and she had volunteered me to write on the board. So I was listing shit, and wrote my 7, and I hear this courtroom-drama-like gasp from her.

(Tiff)...Yes. Yes it is.
(Tiff)..Last I checked, a backwards F doesn't have any lines going all the way through it. See? *writes an F*
(teacher) *glares*...Well. I certainly hope you aren't teaching your Pre-K kids (I was student teaching at the time) to write the 7 that way.
(Tiff) *stares* Do I look like an idiot? Of course I'm not. I know the proper way to teach them. But this is how I personally write a 7 when I'm not teaching, and just writing.
(class) *baited breath*
(teacher) *glare*
(Tiff) *glare*
So...would a professor chew me out because I put a line through my Z's?

(BTW: Tiffu: Schizophrenia[/spelling police])

ETA: Some cursive forms of the letter "F" do in fact have a line going through them. How that looks like a 7 is beyond me though (you could also argue that a cursive T looks like a 7). Incidentally, my mother not only learned to write in a form of cursive that resembles modern American cursive (although the G looks different), but she also learned to write the 7 with the line (it was the common cursive at the time).
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:28 am

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:So...would a professor chew me out because I put a line through my Z's?
This one probably would. Btw, I put a line through my z's, too.

(BTW: Tiffu: Schizophrenia[/spelling police])
Good for you.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:42 am

Tiff wrote:Yeah, I was in Teacher's College, and she had volunteered me to write on the board. So I was listing shit, and wrote my 7, and I hear this courtroom-drama-like gasp from her.

(Tiff)...Yes. Yes it is.
(class) *baited breath*
(teacher) *glare*
(Tiff) *glare*
I like your response. XD At least all you got was a glare instead of, "OMG DISRESPECTFUL!!!111Europeanone11!!!"
Last edited by SeiUsa on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:43 pm

jupiter23 wrote:
That reminded me of when I was in the second grade. My teacher constantly nit-picked over the way I colored something, as well as over the crayons I used. I never understood why she did that.
*nodnod* My kindergarten teacher was like that. Someone colored something the "WRONG" color (like a purple potato or brown sky) and she'd go nuts and make us redo it. We were fucking FIVE.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:30 pm

the*blue*girl wrote: *nodnod* My kindergarten teacher was like that. Someone colored something the "WRONG" color (like a purple potato or brown sky) and she'd go nuts and make us redo it. We were fucking FIVE.
*shakes head* some teachers just don't get it.

The ONLY time that's appropriate is it you're doing a deliberate lesson on colors...IE, you give them a "color by number" sheet, and they NEED to be able to tell you which color is which.

But if it's free coloring? Hell, let them color their damn potatos purple and be proud of them.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:23 am

SeiUsa wrote:Europeanone

This made me laugh.

One time, someone said a very horrible thing to me.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:37 am

Dr. Casey wrote:
SeiUsa wrote:Europeanone

This made me laugh.

One time, someone said a very horrible thing to me.

I actually thought this post was a little rude... Maybe it wasn't intended to be that way, I dunno. But that's just how I saw it. :?
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:26 pm

I just had one of the worst things said to me. Sure its an opinion, but I've never been so mad I've cried.

He said (on a topic of abortion)- "Its the womans fault she got raped. If she is weak enough to get raped she should try to be stronger and carry a wepon or somthing. Women probobly enjoy being rape and pay people ro rape them. Its the womans fault she was stupid enough to be raped."

No joke.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:47 am

That person who said that was probably just saying it for the shock value and didn't actually mean it and was mearly trying to get a rise out of you and the other women in the room. Just ignore the bastard. Its not even worth getting upset over because its so ridculous.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:54 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:I just had one of the worst things said to me. Sure its an opinion, but I've never been so mad I've cried.

He said (on a topic of abortion)- "Its the womans fault she got raped. If she is weak enough to get raped she should try to be stronger and carry a wepon or somthing. Women probobly enjoy being rape and pay people ro rape them. Its the womans fault she was stupid enough to be raped."

No joke.
Whoever said that deserves to be shot...
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:26 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:I just had one of the worst things said to me. Sure its an opinion, but I've never been so mad I've cried.

No joke.
Yeah...he can just go on living in his little protected bubble. Those of us in the real world, however, know that rape and prostitution do not go hand in hand (besides, the term implies lack of consent).

But look on the bright side: he's not Sheikh Al-Hilali just yet.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:30 am

No joke.
He's lucky I wasn't around.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:18 pm

I wonder if this asshole would be of the same opinion if he where to ever go to prison where rape runs rampant.

He's a big strong man right? Surely he could fend off two or three big burly cell mates that have nothing to do all day except bench press, who want to be his "pal" if he doesn't want their attentions, right?
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:46 am

here's a horrid thing to say to someone who is just about to move into an apartment with you and has nowhere else to go.

"Oh I decided a few weeks ago to take a one room apartment, sorry I didn't let you know sooner."
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain