Horrid things to say

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Horrid things to say

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:09 am

(please, mods, if there is a relevant thread for this, merge away)

OK...here I don't mean the things I sometimes say on this forum.

Actually, I started this thread because of something that happened today.

To give you an idea of what happened, a few weeks ago I started a Workplace Practice course with the Red Cross Disability Service. Basically they help people with intellectual disabilities get jobs. People there have everything from ADHD to Downs Syndrome to slight cases of Cerebral Palsy (and there are a few deaf people too).

Now, in my class there are 8 people--one of whom has Downs Syndrome. Meaning he can't speak too comprehensibly (although I usually have no problem understanding him. I've heard people who were heaps worse).

And in class today, we were talking about discrimination. This involved one of the two girls in the class having to read and the Downs Syndrome sufferer laughed at her. I should put in that this girl has Schizophrenia and she got easily irritated. So she said: "If you're going to say something, say it in English".

Of course this got her a berating, but she didn't really apologize and he missed out on a field trip because of it (Ah well. He didn't miss much--it was a trip to the Port of Brisbane). And I'm still a bit mad at her myself--she was rude to me too.

Any takers for worse quotes?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:20 pm

A relative of mine who shall remain nameless's friend's 11 year old daugther died, on the day of the funeral I think, her deaf next door neighbor gave the mother a letter saying that her 11 year old daugther who had just died was a horrible person. Then when a relative of mine who shall remain nameless, who had to have their arm removed because of a disease visited their friend who had the situation, the deaf lady talked to them for some reason and wrote a note making some mean comment about the nameless relatives "disability" So this deaf lady insults an 11 year old on the day of her funeral and someone with one arm. What a nice person.

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:49 pm

I used to be tormented a lot in elementary school. The worst thing that's ever been said to me was from this girl who used to be my best friend. For who knows what reason, she hated me so much, she told me to go jump off a cliff.

Another, much less rude thing was said to me at livejournal. A girl was making fun of my Japanese and claimed to be better at it than I am.

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:57 pm

Once I was in a restaurant and I was eating delicious fries, my dad reached over to steal one of my delicious fries without asking me, so I said "Hey!" then my dad said Shut the fuck up you fucking bitch or I'll break your neck.

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:40 am

when i was in middle school, there was a class of mentally handicapped kids. the kids in my class would always make these stupid gestures and noises as they passed in the hallways, that made me angry enough to kill!

my so called friend in 7th grade got mad at me because i had laughed at the stupid noises his toy robot made (seriously!). and so, in the midst of his anger, the little son of a bitch actually says to me "at least my dad's alive, and not dead like yours!" note that his dad is a drug addict who ditched his mom and him when he was young, as much as i wanted to bring that up, i didn't because, unlike him, i'm not a backstabbing little immature bitch.
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

Death_2004
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Death_2004 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:45 pm

Sailor Moon wrote:Once I was in a restaurant and I was eating delicious fries, my dad reached over to steal one of my delicious fries without asking me, so I said "Hey!" then my dad said Shut the fuck up you fucking bitch or I'll break your neck.
Good God. Man that is just wrong. Is there anykind of aftermath to this? Violence? Fights? Hardships? or Relationship Gaps? (you don't have to tell if you don't want to.)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:35 pm

Sailor Moon wrote:Once I was in a restaurant and I was eating delicious fries, my dad reached over to steal one of my delicious fries without asking me, so I said "Hey!" then my dad said Shut the fuck up you fucking bitch or I'll break your neck.
..Um..kay -_-;
when i was in middle school, there was a class of mentally handicapped kids. the kids in my class would always make these stupid gestures and noises as they passed in the hallways, that made me angry enough to kill!
That always disgusts me...Ugh. Makes me glad I'm teaching elementary school...the little ones are so willing to accept just abuot anybody, and barely notice the handicaps.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:42 pm

That sounds more like threatening......

Ayane
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Ayane » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:37 pm

Call me cynical, but that sounds more like FAKE to me. If someone's father said that to them, I doubt they'd still be calling him "my dad." At least, that's how it would be in my case. :?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:39 pm

Ayane wrote:Call me cynical, but that sounds more like FAKE to me. If someone's father said that to them, I doubt they'd still be calling him "my dad." At least, that's how it would be in my case. :?
Yeah..I was kinda thinking the same thing. It's just...worded weird...I dunno.

And..Cynical. XD *runs away*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:17 am

Ayane wrote:Call me cynical, but that sounds more like FAKE to me. If someone's father said that to them, I doubt they'd still be calling him "my dad." At least, that's how it would be in my case. :?
[mod] It's really not our place to judge whether something said on here is fake or not. I agree with your reasoning, but let's try not to judge others.[/mod]
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:11 pm

I didn't plan to go into this story, but because of the responses, I guess I'll have to. Oh well.

This gets me a tad angry. One of my pet peeves is being called a liar when I am telling the truth. That gets me infuriated and ruins my day. This is great, I just woke up preparing for a great day and now my day is ruined, thanks a lot, yeah it's 12:25 but I just woke up, so it counts as morning. This has happened so many times in real life when someone makes something up about me, and I say what they said isn't true and I'm considered the liar. Argh. Whatever. ^_^

I am a shy person and get nervous talking about a lot of things. I do get shy a lot, but this story is something that I can talka bout with ease.

I really don't get why it'd be called fake. I laughed it off. My dad does these things all the time. My little brother and I bring it up sometimes. When I was younger my dad would take me in my room and hurt me. Well, I dunno about beating me up. It never caused bruises, so I guess it wouldn't count. I just remember my dad pining me down and punching me and twisting my arm. I keep a diary, but didn't feel like writing that down. My dad had done stuff like that some of the times when I'd be whiny. He's really a great guy, he just has some flaws. Everyone has flaws. He's really nice a lot of the time. However, I nicknamed my dad once The mean-mean child-abusing machine, which got my dad angry.

I didn't realize what my dad was doing wasn't normal discipline until I saw an episode of full house where everyone reacted to the kids father hitting him. I'm like wondering how that could mess up someone's personality so much and I get confused by the whole episode and sit their pondering it for a few minutes.

Everyone has flaws, and my dad has a bad temper. Of course, I am a very annoying child. A pain. My dad's a wonderful guy. He's really nice, but it's like he had another personality that would come out and then he'd go back to being the nice, lovable dad. My dad stopped pining me down on the floor and punching me and stuff awhile ago, but has some bad verbal attacks, so when my little brother got angry at dad I brought that incident up which made my brother laugh.

My mom wonders how I can bring things like that up when some people would be traumatized, but my brother knows how dad kicked him and pinned him down in his room and beat him up, well once again, it was just punching him and twisted his arm, so that may not be considered beating up, so my mom knows it has to be real.

Well, my dad's really nice most of the time. However, whenever my brother or I were complaining dad would be like "Hit her" or "Hit him" Or twists our arm or yells at us in a restaurant threatening with "Break your neck" In some movies people find a hard time bringing up such events. I'm easy-going, cheerful and playful. I laugh and joke about it. I know that if told my boyfriend or friends they'd probably think I was a nut for being so easy-going, but hey, that's my personality. I often joke about things no one would dare joke about. I'm very sensitive, but my dad pinning me down and punching me was not a big deal. He's a nice guy otherwise.

Whatever, go on with the topic, this is completely off topic, I just get kinda angry. Whatever. I wanna go to the movies.
Anyway, on with the topic. Sorry to go off topic, just being called a liar when I am not one is one is one the things that tick the cheerful, easy-going, happy-go-lucky me off and makes me rant and feel like going to each person and yelling "I am not a liar." But whatever, I know a lot of liars and of course I pretend to believe them as not to hurt their feelings.

Oh, and I am not trying to make anyone who has being beaten up as a child's case sound like nothing. I feel sympathy for those who react in a different way, they obviously have had extremely tough lives. For those that have been traumatized, I apologize for making your situations sound trivial, I am not trying to do that, I was just explaining my reaction. I laugh it off and am cheerful, but others may act differently. If you don't believe me, ask my brother. If he gives me permission, I'll give you his screename, but I doubt he will. I can give you my dad's office e-mail to ask him yourself, but I don't like giving my identity out online, and my dad's office e-mail says the place he works at at the bottom of his message. Then again, I don't get why he'd tell the truth some online stranger who asks that. Perhaps even my boyfriend and friends would think I was lying do to my cheerful personality. So I don't blame anyone for thinking I was lying, although I don't kinow why anyone would lie about something like that unless they were attention starved and wanted to get attention in a sick way, like the guy who made a fake video beheading himself or that dude who called the police saying he was buried beneath the World Trade Center. Or those sickos who write on advice boards pretending to have been raped and ask for advice and when kind, symphathetic people give them advice they say "Just kidding!". That is sick and horrible. Rape is not a trivial issue. Rape is a serious issue that is not soemthing to joke about. People who joke about things like that are sick, sick people. Anyone who turns a serious issue like rape into a joke has to have a sick mind or is very insensitive. Also those people who say they have been beaten as a child as a plea for attention. Lying about something like that is rude to the people who have and who are traumatized by it. Being I am not traumatized by it, it may not have the same affect on me, but you have to watch out for what others think. Oh yeah, also those people on ebay who, when asked why their purchase hasn't arrived in two months pretend that someone in their family has passed away, making me feel sorry for them, but then I find out they used the same excuse months before the "death" of their family member on another customer. Now, to get back on topic.

Another horrid thing to say.

A young guy who looked like he was only 18 came into our high school to say hi to the health teacher and informed him that he was going to Iraq on Wednesday. Some girl in the back of the class room says You know he's gonna die. That was so rude and insensitive.

EDIT: I just realized how rude my posts sound. It kind of sounds mean trivializing things that could make other kids lives hell. (NOTE: I DO NOPT REMEMBER WRITTING MAKE OTHER KIDS LIVES HELL. THEIR MUST BE A HACKER BECAUSE I DID NOT WRITE THAT. MAYBE I SHOULD CHANGE MY PASSWORD) Or maybe I don't remember. I completely once again apologize trivializing their situations. If you or someone you know is offended I will gladly delete my post.

EDIT: Geez, this message sounds repetetive. Major OCD kickin' in. Blech. I'll have to edit it to bring it down to two paragraphs withotu repetetiveness.

I would like to say thank you to Parakiss and Death_2004 and to those who gave kind responses. I feel really stupid as to how I'm so cheerful while others feel upset as to a situation like that.

EDIT: My brother said that it was mean to write something my dad said without asking for his permission for now he's mad at me, so I doubt I could give you his screename. :( Well, it's better to be happy then said. :)

EDIT: According to my mom unless bruises are involved it's not beating up, so maybe I should just use the word hurt instead.

EDIT: I looked through one of my diaries and although I didn't write what my dad said I did write the restaurant we went to so the exact date was August 29th of last year. As I mentioned before, I am a shy person about a lot of things, so I will not share what I wrote.

None of this is exaggerated to made up, I'm not a sick person.

I'm nervous about how others will respond, whether they'll think I'm lying due to my cheerful personality and think I'm an attention craving sicko, or thik I'm insane for being cheerful after situations like that. Maybe you should just ignore this message. Thye only point I wanted to get across was that I was not lying. I do not want o turn this topic into a completely different discussion, that would be disrespectful to the topic creator, so let's just leave ii at that.
Last edited by Sailor Moon on Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:08 pm, edited 18 times in total.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:35 pm

I'm not quoting that, but Sailor Moon, what you described... That's child abuse. You need to report that. Never mind what your brother or mom thinks: It's not right the way he treats you, and it needs to stop. And if they're just over-looking it, then you shouldn't listen to them anyway.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:43 pm

I thank you for your concern. It isn't really that big a deal now. The physical of my dad hurting me stopped awhile ago, now it's more verbal, plus now my dad has seeked theraphy and sees a pshychologiat weekly for his anger management, although it's for verbal basically, and my mom sas it's for verbal. My mom acknowledges the verbal part compeltely, as he's called her a *****. Although my dad denies the other part.

Death_2004
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Death_2004 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:21 pm

Sailor Moon wrote:I thank you for your concern. It isn't really that big a deal now. The physical of my dad hurting me stopped awhile ago, now it's more verbal, plus now my dad has seeked theraphy and sees a pshychologiat weekly for his anger management, although it's for verbal basically, and my mom sas it's for verbal. My mom acknowledges the verbal part compeltely, as he's called her a *****. Although my dad denies the other part.
legally in Canada, not sure in America, If anyone does any type of verbal abuse to a person under 18 then that person can be arrested and charged. Finally i agree with ParaKiss_Groupie. I have a cousin in the same situation as you Sailor Moon and it pains me to see what her father does to her. He has never taken any therapy for this problem and get this when the police can for her friend reported the abuse they lied about it. The police from that division just did nothing then. By law after that kind of report the police have to report it and the family has to go for therapy. Though she doesn't want to do anything for she doesn't want to be thrown out of the family.

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:59 pm

<mod>That was rude. Quite often, abused children don't know what to do about the abuse, where to go, etc. Furthermore, they can be so terrified that they don't want to tell anyone.</mod>

I'm sorry that you have a parent like that, Sailor Moon. I can only say that I can relate.
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:29 pm

I was wondering if maybe you can delete my messages because my messages are kind of off topic which causes soem contraversy, and I don't think it's fair to the topic creator for my messages to change the flow of the topic.

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:56 pm

Anthy wrote:
<mod>That was rude. Quite often, abused children don't know what to do about the abuse, where to go, etc. Furthermore, they can be so terrified that they don't want to tell anyone.</mod>

I'm sorry that you have a parent like that, Sailor Moon. I can only say that I can relate.
Very true Anthy.

I know one kid in my grade that that happens to. When I found out, I told her to call the police. I don't think she has, out of fear from her mom. *shudder*
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:16 pm

Sailor Moon wrote:I was wondering if maybe you can delete my messages because my messages are kind of off topic which causes soem contraversy, and I don't think it's fair to the topic creator for my messages to change the flow of the topic.
They won't be deleted, Sailor Moon. There's a much easier way to return to the topic at hand.

[mod]

Back on topic, everyone.

[/mod]

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:44 am

Well, my situation's gotten worse. Schizophrenic girl's boyfriend (who also attends the class--I think he's Schizophrenic too) really hates the Downs Syndrome kid. On Tuesday he kicked DSK off a computer and on Wednesday he actually pushed DSK away from him. First one may not have been reported, but the second one was seen and got a raised voice from the teacher, who stated that if it was an actual workplace, he would be fired.

On the brighter side of things, one of the other two teachers reckons she'd choose my assertive self to represent her if she was being discriminated against.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.