Favorite sayings, quotes, or phrases.

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:57 pm

"Remember, remember, the 5th of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

"Who?" "Who" is but the form following the function of "What", and what I am is a man in a mask."

But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Viol`a! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the viscissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity is the vestige of the vox populi now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish the venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengance, a vendetta held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssose of verbiage veers most verbose. So let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
"V For Vendetta"
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 pm

Parallax wrote:"Remember, remember, the 5th of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

"Who?" "Who" is but the form following the function of "What", and what I am is a man in a mask."

But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Viol`a! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the viscissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity is the vestige of the vox populi now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish the venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengance, a vendetta held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssose of verbiage veers most verbose. So let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
"V For Vendetta"
^_^ that was awesome Parallax you are my hero
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:
Parallax wrote:"Remember, remember, the 5th of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

"V For Vendetta"
^_^ that was awesome Parallax you are my hero
Thanks. I have the movie here at home, and I thought of quoting V for this threa. :) :)
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Lightweight
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Lightweight » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:02 am

"V For Vendetta"
How many V's in there, again? Whoa.

And I love that movie. I wish I could see it again, though.
Now listening to: Gorillaz: El Mañana

"You can teach an old dog new tricks... but you cannot teach Madonna to act."
-Yakko Warner

Officially finished watching all Sailor Moon episodes as of April 19, 2008!!!

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Thu May 08, 2008 4:50 am

Coco Chanel:
*To achieve great things, we must first dream.
*A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.
*The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
*When I can no longer create anything, I'll be done for.
*There are no ugly women, there are only lazy ones.
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat May 10, 2008 11:59 am

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it" Buffy

"GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!" Aliens

"MULTI-PASS!" The fifth element

"UNBELIEVABLE!" The fifth element
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:39 pm

It's like slamming your head against a brick wall, in the end you get no where, and all you get is a headache.
-No idea but I tend to use it alot

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own
-Adam Savage

Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory, and ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.
-Worf and Gowron DS9

War is not dying for your country, it making the other man die for his.
-General Patton
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:48 am

"I wouldn't be in a club that would have me as a member." Grocho Marx
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:49 pm

"It's like sex. Getting good at it just sorta... you know... happens."
-my friend Sammie's response to any difficult task :]

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:33 pm

I'm Normal, Everyone is "Weird"

This is pretty much my basic philosophy on life
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

This Side of Paradise
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by This Side of Paradise » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:02 pm

One that I've always liked was from Pushing Up Daises a song from Garth Brooks.

There's two dates in time that they'll carve on your stone and everyone knows what they mean. What's more important is the time that is known in that little dash there in between, that little dash there in between.

I always found that meaningful.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own. Adam Savage.

Adam: I think this is the strangest position I''ve ever been in on this show.
Kari: [quietly] Notice how he qualifies it with "on this show".

MythBusters.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:53 pm

This is a favorite of mine:

"Perhaps we all give the best of our hearts uncritically--to those who hardly think about us in return." ~ T. H. White The Once and Future King