Another Story (spoilers inside!)

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Another Story (spoilers inside!)

Post by Rainbow » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 pm

Yes, I'm talking about the game here. What does everyone think about it? What are your tips and strategies?

Opinion: I like playing it a lot, actually. Even though I don't like Pluto as a character on the show, I do like using her in the game! I've re-played it a few times.

Tips:
1) Another good Senshi to use if you don't want to use up as many Colognes is Mercury. One or two strikes of her Shabon Spray attack makes the enemy's attacking strength drop DRASTICALLY. She's almost as good as Pluto to have!
2) Do NOT try to battle the final bosses with the team of Moon, Uranus, Jupiter, Mars, and Venus. So far as I've tried, even with the "16-level at the beginning" trick I haven't been able to beat the 5 Opposito Senshi at the end part without having Mercury or Pluto with me!
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Specter
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Specter » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:17 pm

I haven't played it in a while, but...

My thoughts on the game...
1. This is EASILY in the top 10 underrated/obscure RPGs.
2. A Level 50-odd Jupiter with Jupiter equipment and Angel Pin dealt 7000+ in my game.

1. MAKE SURE TO GET THE SENSHI-SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT. THIS IS THE BEST EQUIPMENT IN THE GAME FOR EACH SENSHI, EXCEPT POSSIBLY THE ANGEL PIN.
2. Having that said, get the Angel Pins also.
3. Make sure you have plenty of healing items on you, well, I didn't really like the healing abilities in this game.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:41 pm

That's interesting. I've heard it's impossible to get the Angel Pins, since I heard that four of the puzzle pieces can't be found.

Edit:
EEEEK! I just realized something! This topic should go in the "video games" section, right? Or does it count under Sailor Moon because of who the game is about? It kind of fits under both... :oops: (cowers under the possible wrath of the mods) :oops:

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:06 pm

topic moved.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Specter
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Specter » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:09 am

Most of the puzzle pieces are gotten by defeating enemies...the other 10 puzzle pieces are found in chests...usually if you skip a puzzle piece you can't get it again because it's in a senshi-specific chapter. When I went through AS and beat it, during my run I got the 10 angel pins.

Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Miyamoto » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:47 am

Specter wrote:Most of the puzzle pieces are gotten by defeating enemies...the other 10 puzzle pieces are found in chests...usually if you skip a puzzle piece you can't get it again because it's in a senshi-specific chapter. When I went through AS and beat it, during my run I got the 10 angel pins.
Heh...When I played it oh about 3-4 years ago I got as far as I could without cheats and then I learned of this special cheat and I beat the game easily.... If anyone wants me to post this cheat (which I'm sure you know already if you've played the game) lemme know. I missed alotta puzzle pieces lol... I didn't care though...
Supah Mario ownz j00 f00!!

http://we.is-a-geek.org/~ShiggyMiyamoto ... maller.jpg

If you''d like to send me a message please use [email protected]. Thnx.

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<aznwaterboy> how did xbox kill a cat
<SMiyamoto> LOL
<Raxc> XBox fell on the cat''s back.

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:54 pm

Even though I don't like Pluto as a character on the show, I do like using her in the game!
I'm the same with Mercury. I don't really like her in the series but she's extremely useful in the game. So I had her in my party a lot.

I noticed that the attack power for some characters didn't make much sense. I mean why is it that Moon's is average at best and Pluto is probably the second weakest attacker in the game? Then you have Venus who is a powerhouse... Oh well.

I think the best character in battle was Saturn though. Put her in the middle of cluster w/ her special accesories and Red Pupil. Use DRR a lot and you'll have a much easier time. And the least useful would have to go to Neptune. She has good defense but not as good as Moon or Mercury, and her attack, most of her links and other stats aren't anything special.

And even though it's not obvious at first, the enemies are weaker/stronger against certain attacks. I noticed Esmeraude takes less damage from Venus' attacks. While Grisina takes more damage than other enemies in the area from Mercury's attacks. There were some others but I forgot.

My party was favorite party Moon, Mercury/Pluto, Saturn, Venus, and Mars/Jupiter. Moon and Venus' link tech was very useful

SM:AS is the best game based on an anime/manga I've ever played. I wish they would make a newer rpg that included all 5 series with some original stuff
Last edited by LadyFlameSniper on Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Specter
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Specter » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:52 pm

Now, I've already beaten Another Story one time. You guys (and gals) got any suggestions for challenges?
He's got to make his own mistakes
and learn to mend the mess he makes
He's old enough to know what's right
and young enough not to choose it
He's noble enough to win the world
but weak enough to lose it - Rush - "New World Man"

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:35 am

Did you get both endings? In case you didn't know, you get the second one by
[spoiler]
losing to Demon Apsu with Sailor Moon's party. Then you use Chibi Moon's party instead to defeat Apsu. Her defense and attack power will be lower, so your characters' attacks will be very powerful. And her attacks won't hurt your characters much.
[/spoiler]

Also if you have a lot of patience for leveling up and such, a challenge would be to increase everyone's LAP a lot. [/spoiler]

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:03 pm

I enjoy the game a lot, but there are some parts in it that I really don't like. For example, the forest where you're looking for Chibiusa, there's these monsters there that are three times stronger than your party (Moon, Uranus, Neptune, Saturn) and they only give very little experience. I dunno if there's a trick to getting past that area or what. I also don't like how except for Saturn, the outers are the weakest characters in the game. Hell, even Chibi Moon is stronger.
(Voice done by Masako Nozawa)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:31 pm

Hmm, I've found it to be different...from when I've played, Uranus is the strongest, attack-wise, and Pluto is very useful. I actually have found Saturn to be the WEAKEST of the Outers, game-wise.

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:44 pm

Odd. Saturn was the strongest senshi in my game. She had the highest defense and highest attack out of anyone. Neptune was pretty much worthless.

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:39 am

Uranus' attack power is up there. So is Jupiter's and Mars'. But Venus was always the most powerful for me and I'm positive that she has the crappiest defense. But I'm not 100 percent sure about Venus being the strongest attacker. Maybe it is Uranus but I'm not sure if I ever had her and Venus at the same level.

And unfortunately Uranus doesn't have that much going for her besides her attack power. All her techs are offensive. Jupiter and Mars have better defense at least. Plus Jupiter has a healing tech.

As for Saturn, yes she is VERY good. Besides what I said long ago. Her regular attack and Death Reborn Revolution do a very good amount of damage from cluster. And what's even better is DRR only costs 2EP yet it hits all the enemies. Saturn also has some good healing techs. And you won't have to worry about her being too vulnerable in the middle since her defense is good too. She made my games much easier.

Choc
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Choc » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:33 am

Hmm...in my game, Mercury and Neptune were VERY weak. Jupiter and Mars' techs were doing 2000HP plus damage, while poor Mercury and Neptune's techs only did about 200 at best, 4 at the least. Saturn, Uranus, and the inners were very strong, and Pluto's Time Stop Tech was extrememely useful. It's the only RPG I've ever played where stat changing techs worked on bosses! As for the Moons...well, they were average.
I enjoyed what I played of Another Story. (Unfortunately, I only got to finish about 95% of it before I had to get my hard drive replaced.)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:40 am

I don't know about Neptune, but Mercury is meant to be a VERY useful defense Senshi. Her Shabon Spray has the hidden effect of reducing the target's attack power by a LARGE amount. So if she does it one or two times on an enemy, you'll only get hit a little bit. That's great if you don't have Pluto on your team...having neither her nor Pluto is a BAD idea, as I found out the hard way.

RyoRei0110
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RyoRei0110 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:32 pm

Uranus, Jupiter, and Mars were the highest attackers in my games. I didn't even know about Mercury's effect until the second time I beat the game, but even then my party always had Mars, Jupiter, or Uranus (or all three) in it as much as possible. (I just loved Fire Thunder Shaking ^_~) As for the fourth character (Since unfortunately you cant replace Moon and/or Chibi Moon) it was usually Pluto or Saturn..and sometimes Venus.

Neptune was always completely useless, and Chibi Moon wasn't that far ahead of her.. :|
::cries:: Its been forver!! And this place has changed... oh how I''ve missed it all ::hugs::

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:29 pm

I definitely agree with Rainbow on having either Mercury or Pluto in your party. They made my games easier too. And yeah not many people know about Shabon Spray's secret.

Neptune would be more useful if she had better attack power or some special effect/status techs. I found Chibi Moon pretty useful though. Despite her pathetic attack power and defense. She has the best speed in the game (I think), she can link with all of the senshi, and she has a ton of healing link techs.

Choc
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Choc » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:02 pm

Neptune was always completely useless
Agreed. The only reason I played as her was because I like her hairstyle and the way it was pixeled in the game.

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:13 pm

This is the only RPG ever that I make decisions based on actual plot and storyline rather than raw strategy. For example, the part when you go with Chibi Moon through time to save Pluto, I just used all outers. Then the part of the game where you fight the Phantom Sisters, I used the five Inner Senshi. I think it's more interesting that way, plus you can also level up everyone doing that.

The Moonie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by The Moonie » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:32 pm

I was on cloud nine the whole time i was playing it. I loved it. The stroy was gripping and the attacks looked cool. It's my fav RPG.
My gardian Jupiter
Brew a storm
Call the cloud
Bring down lighting
Supreme Thunder