Another Story (spoilers inside!)

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:53 am

Ok, I'm confused here. This game was never released in North America, right? So, how is everyone here playing this game? I'd be surprised if everyone here knew Japanese unless you downloaded it somewhere and have a translation on the side. Wouldn't it be kind of difficult to be playing the game while reading a translation at the same time, though? I just want to know because I want to play this game myself. ^^
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:39 pm

There used to be a group who translated and patched anime RPGs. Sailor Moon: Another Story was one of these games, which is what I'm sure everyone here is playing.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:02 pm

Never mind my request for a search to find this game for download...because I've found it! I spent quite some time searching for it at Google, but in the end, Google came through for me! It's been a really fun game and I've had a blast playing it. I still haven't gotten very far into it (so far I'm up to the Juuban Hospital, trying to find out what happened to Hotaru), but I've really enjoyed it. It's grea to be able to play as the Sailor Senshi in an RPG (since I love RPGs) and I think the character designs in this game are really cute. :D Now I just need to find the Magic Knight Rayearth game...
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Ayane
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Ayane » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:54 pm

I love this game, but got frustrated playing it because I missed an important item for Sailor Moon at the beginning of chapter 3. As a result, I'm way below the level I'm supposed to be at and I saved the game AFTER my only opportunity to grab the item. Therefore, I'm pretty much stuck with restarting the whole blasted game! :cry: Took me HOURS to figure out how to pass Mercury's mission, too. Not to mention the random battles every TWO-THREE SECONDS while going through the mazes with Venus. Ugh, so frustrating...

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:24 pm

Ayane: I haven't played this game in awhile (plan to soon again though. lol) . But which item for Sailor Moon did you miss? You might've been able to get it later in the game...

Well since you have to do Mercury's stage again, a way to make it easier is to buy at least 1 Manicure at the cosmetic store while you're still in Juuban, and use it when you fight Nabu for the second time. Manicures increase attack power by 5. Also make sure Mercury's at around level 14+ and in the middle of the cluster formation, equipped with her special acessories and a bracelet.

And here's a trick for random battles in any situation- go to the menu after every a few steps then return to the regular game. you won't have ANY encounters when you take the steps. Rinse and repeat as long as wish to avoid encounters.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Ayane
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Ayane » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:44 pm

Yeah, it turns out it wasn't one of SM's special items, it was the fact that I couldn't get back to the regular city to buy any bracelets. Poor Usagi had no accessories on whatsoever and I couldn't get back to buy her any protection. :(

I can't remember what level I had Mercury at, but I know I had both her special items and a bracelet as you recommend. :)

And I'll have to try that random battles trick. It got quite annoying trying to get ANYWHERE with Venus when the random battles eventually became monsters that were being killed in one hit. Felt like a huge waste of time.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:48 pm

I played the game once, it was sooo much fun, but it was actually in Japanese, and I couldn't read the notes, so I had no idea what I was doing. Needless to say I didn't get far at all. This was like six years ago, and I don't think they translated it yet.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:38 pm

You're in luck, usachan, it HAS been translated, though not legally. There is a fan translation that one can find in various places on the Internet, as well as the SNES emulator program one can use to play the game.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Sailormoon Another Story RPG game, is it good?

Post by Origiri » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:09 am

Why, I recently downloaded lots of Sailormoon games from various platforms, and thanks to emulators I was able to play them on my PC. (hope it is not illegal afterall?) Most of them were fighting games, which are fun, but not that great. Some were platform-type games, which are ridiculously difficult, even for a seasoned platform player like me. Some were, puzzles, they could be really addictive, unless...they were all Japanese and I could not understand how to play them. :x

Anyway, I noticed SM:Another Story RPG, and it was English. I love RPGs, and I love Sailormoon as well, so I decided to give it a try.

I really enjoyed it! It has a great story! It takes place after S season, and has cool original NEW villains+old villains combo, and an ever-changing, curious plot. The in-game dialogues and events are just like the anime, sometimes hilarious, sometimes thrilling, sometimes romantic etc. I thought I was watching an episode when I first played. Playing is easy, (but battles are NOT!)and fun, its fighting style is like FinalFantasy, and all senshi are in, with their cool attacks. I discovered new link-type attacks too, ie:two or more senshi link together to perform an unique atteck; for example: Super Sailormoon+Super SailorChibimoon=Rainbow Double Moon Heart Ache! Other posibilities are just too appealing!

I played it for hours, and found it both addictive, challenging, and fun! Story is just great too, and I believe it is the most important thing in a good RPG.

So, do you know this game? Have you ever played it? Is it really good or what? What do you think?

MOD MODE: Merged with an existing (but old ^^) topic that was already talking about the game.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:47 pm

I played it. In Japanese (big mistake).

I defeated one monster, and that's all I could do. I didn't know how the English patch thing worked, so I never used it.

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Origiri » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:48 am

Oops silly me! :oops: Well I am a newbie here! I did not know there was a cool topic about SM:AS RPG already.

I read every post, and wow, it seems everybody enjoyed it. But is it because we all love SM? For example, can a player who does not know about SM enjoy the game? Don't think so. Prove me wrong?

I am a little bit stucked in Chapter 4, Demando kidnapped Sailormoon, and I am having troubles to save her. When I enter Demando's place, I fight Black Lady and lose, all senshis die :P OK after some loading I DID beat her, but other regular monsters in that level are impossible to beat! It takes forever to kill them, and they all cherm&hypnos my senshis.

I was using Sailormoon and she had best equipment, and red pupil as well. I lost the items forever? :x

Now I have:Chibimoon, Pluto, Saturn, and Mars, all level 34+, and a weak Venus (lvl 18, taken in absence of Moon) and I seem to be stucked. How will I beat fearsome Demando, prince of the Blackmoon when I can not even beat regular monsters? :(

Anyway, it is good that it is so hard. I hate it when my games become too easy. I like challenges and I like, no love this game!

Still, if you are willing to offer some help, I will appreciate it! Thanks!

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:35 pm

Origiri wrote:Oops silly me! :oops: Well I am a newbie here! I did not know there was a cool topic about SM:AS RPG already.
LOL, that's quite alright, no reason to feel bad =D Like I said, the post was burried DEEEEEEP down in the archives, and I only merged it to save a wee bit of server space; I would have been a bit harsher had there been a similar post on the same page =P
Origiri wrote:I read every post, and wow, it seems everybody enjoyed it. But is it because we all love SM? For example, can a player who does not know about SM enjoy the game? Don't think so. Prove me wrong?
A die-hard RPG fan might get a kick out of it, but otherwise, I think it's best audience is Sailor Moon fans who are also fans of the genre ^^;;
Origiri wrote:I am a little bit stucked in Chapter 4, Demando kidnapped Sailormoon, and I am having troubles to save her. When I enter Demando's place, I fight Black Lady and lose, all senshis die :P OK after some loading I DID beat her, but other regular monsters in that level are impossible to beat! It takes forever to kill them, and they all cherm&hypnos my senshis.

I was using Sailormoon and she had best equipment, and red pupil as well. I lost the items forever? :x

Now I have:Chibimoon, Pluto, Saturn, and Mars, all level 34+, and a weak Venus (lvl 18, taken in absence of Moon) and I seem to be stucked. How will I beat fearsome Demando, prince of the Blackmoon when I can not even beat regular monsters? :(

Anyway, it is good that it is so hard. I hate it when my games become too easy. I like challenges and I like, no love this game!

Still, if you are willing to offer some help, I will appreciate it! Thanks!
I'd recommend trying to level up as much as possible where you are, or if you can get to another area, try leveling there, especially your weaker characters if you want to use them. It's been a while since I've played the game, so I'm not too familiar with the best leveling spots available at that point. I'd also suggesting picking up any healing items you can from nearby shops, as that might help you out a little bit. Good luck :)
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

SailorSensi123
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SailorSensi123 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:18 am

I got all my people to 99 at the end (except for chibi-moon cuz you can't have her in you party at the end), with the help of turbo boost to go through battles really fast and holding down the buttons. But it would've taken forever without it. My usual party was Victory Formation with (in order from top to bottom) Moon, Mars, Chibi-Moon(when available)/Uranus, Venus, Saturn. I always went through everything with a breeze. :) I think it was kinda easy though after yiou leveled a bit higher. I suggest to beat them put the weaker in back in the victory and go up from there.

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Origiri » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:42 am

Umm I am playing on SNES so I guess I can not put it in turbo-mode. Besides it feels like kinda-cheating and I do not want to cheat such a beautiful game.

OK, I will do what I can. I realized I could go back to CHAPTER2 places, so I will level up there. Wish me luck!

BTW I do believe this game has a ton of replayability, as I want to try different senshi combinations. I didn't know Mercury's ShabonSpray effect. Is it a bug or is it what is supposed to happen?

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:44 pm

^I think it's supposed to happen... Shabon Spray distorts the enemy's vision in the show. It makes sense that their attacks weaken.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Origiri » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:04 am

Thanks I played for 3 days and finally finished it! Boy it was great! The final showdown was absolutely worth it, it was soo hard. I managed to defeat the boss with Moon's party and got the best ending.

My level was 46-47 is it small? I know lvl cap was 99 so...?

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:18 pm

Downloaded, and finished it... 2-3 days.

really easy... but I used the glitch thingy... the later chapters were really easy... only boss I had trouble iwth was Esmeraudo, and that's cause I didn't use PLuto or Mercury on her.

I've discovered MErcury's Shabon Spray is SO MUCH MORE CHEAP than Time Stop. holy hell... the max damage I'd take was from 50-60 with that... with the final bosses, too.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

DrifterKnuckles
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by DrifterKnuckles » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:10 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote:Downloaded, and finished it... 2-3 days.

really easy... but I used the glitch thingy... the later chapters were really easy... only boss I had trouble iwth was Esmeraudo, and that's cause I didn't use PLuto or Mercury on her.

I've discovered MErcury's Shabon Spray is SO MUCH MORE CHEAP than Time Stop. holy hell... the max damage I'd take was from 50-60 with that... with the final bosses, too.
2-3 Days damn
I play it on and off again every so often, got stuck right after i was given just Mercury. It is a lot of fun thought i enjoy it quite a bit
Hope its ok to post these for everyone else

http://www.terminaldogma.net/smrpg/
The SNES rom translated just download the zip file and play the .smc file
http://www.snes9x.com/downloads.php
and an emulator to play it
I use a mac so i don't know if there is a windows port for this emulator
Last edited by DrifterKnuckles on Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:45 pm

er... gamefaqs... *runs away FAST*
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

DrifterKnuckles
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by DrifterKnuckles » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:34 am

Haha Game FaQs is awsome!
im guility of snatching a few saves myself