Dead or Alive

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:27 am

New from Kotobukiya, Dead or Alive XBV "One Coin" Trading Figures. Featuring two variants of each girl plus a secret figure.

And, coming soon, the Dead or Alive Voice Clock. Place one of the above "One Coin" Trading Figures on top of the clock, and the clock will change voices and dialogue lines depending on which One Coin Figure Series character is placed on top. (Supposedly, the Ayane or Kasumi figures that came with pre-orders of DOAU will also have an effect.)

I've yet to see the latter on sale on a English language site though...
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

kaolinite
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by kaolinite » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:56 am

I love Dead or Alive too !! I bought Dead Or Alive Ultimate a while back and I love it, it's one of the best fighting games I ever played !! my best character is Helena by the way :wink:

Sailor Pan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor Pan » Tue May 31, 2005 6:08 pm

I've played most of the DOA games. It's my favorite game on the Xbox! Ayane and Kasumi are the best!^^

Ayane
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Ayane » Tue May 31, 2005 9:59 pm

Has anyone seen the screenshots or video of DOA4 yet? Freakin' BEAUTIFUL. My only complaint is that Lisa from DOAX is going to be a fighter in it. She sucked at volleyball (imo), will she suck at fighting too? :(

Still, two other new chars too (besides Lisa, that is)! And Christie! OH CHRISTIE!!! *drools over Christie's punk look*

Screenshots

Trailer (BEWARE!!! This video is over 400 megs!!!

A smaller resolution, but otherwise identical, video may be found at DOACentral, but registering for the forums is required. :?

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:32 pm

I don't understand why they can't port some of the newer DOA games for PS2 as well. :( The new kimono girl and its stage looks really nice. Oh, and does anyone know why I cannot find any DOA games for PS2 in stores? I'd rather go out and buy it without the shipping and handling.

Oh, and I was lucky enough to be able to borrow an Xbox and the DOA Volleyball game. It was pretty intriguing with the zoom-in shots. :lol: The volleyball game is fun but as for side games, it lacks. There's only one side GAME I think and that's the jumping accross the pool. :?

Malachite
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Malachite » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:31 pm

Agreed. DOA2 is one of my favorite fighting games for PS2. After that, though, the series appears to have become X-Box exclusive; with DOA3 and the remakes of the first two games only being out for X-Box.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:36 pm

Team Ninja was bought out by Microsoft much like Rare was in 2003. So they can only make games for the X-BOX and X-BOX 360.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:42 am

Neo Dead Moon wrote:Team Ninja was bought out by Microsoft much like Rare was in 2003. So they can only make games for the X-BOX and X-BOX 360.
Uhh... Team Ninja is very much part of Tecmo, which, as far as I know, is independent of Microsoft. In fact, while Fatal Frame was an XBox exclusive, Fatal Frame II & III are exclusive to the PS2.

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:15 pm

Oh my god, I lost a bid on Ebay for the DOA2: Hardcore for the cheapest price! I was definitely winning it last night until this one guy outbid me by so much and I was at school and couldn't bid back. :cry:

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:21 pm

Sakuya wrote:Oh my god, I lost a bid on Ebay for the DOA2: Hardcore for the cheapest price! I was definitely winning it last night until this one guy outbid me by so much and I was at school and couldn't bid back. :cry:
*cough*

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:46 am

Aya Reiko wrote:
Neo Dead Moon wrote:Team Ninja was bought out by Microsoft much like Rare was in 2003. So they can only make games for the X-BOX and X-BOX 360.
Uhh... Team Ninja is very much part of Tecmo, which, as far as I know, is independent of Microsoft. In fact, while Fatal Frame was an XBox exclusive, Fatal Frame II & III are exclusive to the PS2.
Fatal Frame isn't made by Team Ninja, but a different part of Tecmo. Microsoft OWNS Dead or Alive, though not the rest of Tecmo's department. They did this since the X-BOX has almost no popularity in Japan, and the Dead or Alive games are the only ones that make money. Note how there hasn't been a non-XBOX DoA game since Hardcore on PS2's U.S. launch.