Clock Tower

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Clock Tower

Post by sailor_moon_R » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Has anybody ever heard of this game? It is for the SNES (the original) and it is a survival horror game. It scared the living crap out of me. I seriously think you guys should take a look at it, it will really affect you. If it could scare me, who doesn't get scared easily, it'll scare you. It even scared my dad!!!
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:36 pm

I've never played the original, but I have played Clock Tower 3 for the PS2. Scared/Startled the living shit out of me. The farthest I've ever played was up to the 4th stage, but my nerves stayed shot through most of it. Even when I was simply watching someone else play it.

Also? Hiding spots my ASS. The hiding spots in the fist stage only worked half the time (at least for me anyway).
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:13 am

Well, you should. You should download an SNES emulator, and then go to coolroms.com (I'm not sure if its right, so I didnt url it). Download it, and play it. If you are worried about space, both the emulator and rm should take up less than 2mb. The game itself, was scarry as hell. Heck, I only moved Jennifer into the hallway to the left of her starting point (when you choose quick start) and screamed (there was nothing there) and chickened out by turning the game off. I was too scared to go in the other room wth scissorman..... and the eyes watching me through the window.............. scarry!!! This game is scarry....... and I couldn't even sleep last night (right now it is 10:12 AM where I am) until 2-3 AM......

Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:11 pm

SNES9x is my emulator of choice and I go to Vimm's Lair (http://www.vimm.net). Not sure if I want to try the first clock Tower. The 3rd game startles me so badly that I honestly don't think I can take the first one. More than one person has mentioned how utterly scary the original is. When I can get around to it I'll try and get the first.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:15 pm

...I am SO gonna have to try this game.

>_>; And by try, I mean have Joe play it while I watch =D

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:40 pm

Now having actually moved in the original Clock Tower, I can say now that it is freakier than I imagined. Not enough so that I was scared. Actually, I think that if you don't already know where the stalker is going to show up, the game is scarier than being stranded on an island with saior moon fillers:( But, if you have prior knowledge, like e, it wasn't scarry. That doesn't mean I wasn't scared. The first time I watched the game on youtube, it was scarry. Oh, and Tiff, you should watch from a distance, and tell Joe to put the volume low.... lol:) Oh, ps, I got the S,A, and B endings W00t!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Okay...Joe and I just played this game (the first SNES version..and rather, Joe played and I watched =P), and all I can say is:

WHAT THE FUCK?

Seriously, what the FUCK happened? We are so confused. All I got out of it was:

[spoiler]This woman had a giant fatassed deformed baby and its twin was some murderous scissor-bearing child...and I guess demons are somehow involved?! What did the rituals and idols have to do with anything? Why the hell were they evil, and why was Mary psychotic? Why did she adopt and kill the girls in the first place? [/spoiler]

This game was creepy and made us jump quite a few times, but I seriously am so confused.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~