DDR songs that drive you nuts

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:43 am

Neon Heart wrote:Wanna bleed out your ears, but are tired of using an ice pick? Use "Crash!". lol, sorry, I've been watching The Soup too much.

Anyway, another song addition would probably have to be.... Hmm... A lot of the DDR EXTREME USA songs get my vote. It doesn't catch my interest to dance to a tone deaf version of "Like a Virgin" or "Waiting for Tonight". -_-
Ooooh, worthy bump. Good thread. :wink:

Agreed about the bad Extreme USA covers... and adding to that list from Extreme 2, quite possibly the worst cover EVER-

Oops I Did It Again.

... v_________________v

Yeah. Because oh yes, everyone is just aching to play the arrow stomping game to a horrible cover of a horrible Britney song with horrible steps sung by a woman who sounds halfway between a dying mule and a duck with a throat disease. :roll:
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:25 am

I haven't heard about the songs from DDR EXTREME 2. IS there really a Britanny Spears song on it? o_O

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:11 am

Yes, but as pointed out already, it's a really bad cover of it. Easily the worst song in the game.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:20 am

Yikes. Maybe I shouldn't put my money toward it, then? Or I could, but just ignore that song... (Is thinking the latter might be a good choice) Whatever happend to the good old days of DDR where a good chunk of the songs were original? -_- Oh well.

Anyway, another DDR song that drives me nuts HAS to be the Candy songs. The instrumental and vocalised versions (even though I love Riyu Kosaka @[email protected]) are just too sugary for my tastes, and so is the song Love Love Sugar (another Riyu Kosaka song). o_O I just don't care much about the real sugary songs, I guess.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:50 pm

Neon Heart wrote:The instrumental and vocalised versions (even though I love Riyu Kosaka @[email protected]) are just too sugary for my tastes, and so is the song Love Love Sugar (another Riyu Kosaka song).
Love Love Sugar is sung by Noria, another member of BeForU (and the only one who guess publicity in her native Japan sans Riyu Kosaka in the group).

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:41 pm

Neo Dead Moon wrote:
Neon Heart wrote:The instrumental and vocalised versions (even though I love Riyu Kosaka @[email protected]) are just too sugary for my tastes, and so is the song Love Love Sugar (another Riyu Kosaka song).
Love Love Sugar is sung by Noria, another member of BeForU (and the only one who guess publicity in her native Japan sans Riyu Kosaka in the group).
That's something I actually found out a couple of days ago. So weird that there are some songs by the girls in BeForU, who go solo, I can't stand... But, I like most all of BeForU's stuff. O___o;;

EDIT: Another DDR song that drives me up a wall HAS to be Paranoia Survivor. It's those dang tempo changes and insane foot patterns that always get me. It's this song that, unfortnately, makes another 10 step song like MAX 300 seem ungodly easy.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:06 am

Sorry to double post and bump this, but another bad DDR song has caught my eye... Erm, ear... Wuteva.

Get Busy, by Sean Paul.

...Not to sound morbid, but not only does this song make me want to kill myself everytime it plays (DDR or otherwise), I just DON'T see how it's supposed to fit in DDR at all. I guess the people over at Konami of America were thinking "If we put this song on here, then all the kids who thought DDR was dumb before will LOOOOOVE IT. Cause their dancing to what's in, modern hip-hop/reggae stuffs!"

-__-;;; I dunno. That's just what I think.