First Video Game

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

sailor_serenity33
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailor_serenity33 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:06 am

The first games i remember playing were

Pack man
Super Mario Brothers
Zelda
Shackfoo i think thats what it called? :?

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:03 pm

sonic 2 then my genesis broke then the second game I played was Mario Tennis 64

YorikoAnno
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by YorikoAnno » Thu May 18, 2006 7:37 pm

Super Mario World for the SNES. ^^

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu May 18, 2006 9:23 pm

Combat and Air Sea Battle for the Atari 2600.

Man I miss the days of simple games like that.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:03 am

I was four years old when I first played the Nintendo. It belonged to my older brothers and they were constantly playing it, but one day they let me try. The first game that I actually played was Duck Hunt. I loved that game even though I only hit one or two ducks. Then I tried this game for the NES powerpad called track or something like that, it came on the same cartridge as Mario 1 and Duck Hunt. I was too slow for that game. Then I tried Mario 1 and immediately ran into that first monster that you encounter in the game and died. I started crying and turned the game off.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:00 am

Beat Super Mario World when I was 3 'nuff said (at least that what my brother says)

oh and I believe I destroyed our copy of Links Adventure when I was 2 and saved over my brothers end of game file in FF1
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

sailor skywalker
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by sailor skywalker » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:35 am

When I was 6 year old that was my first encounter with the game world Tetris and Yoshi cookie for Gamboy where the first

then I got nes with Mega man and mario bros
then I got snes with Yoshi's Island and Zelda
on the PC Age of empires I
then I got PSone with Tekken and Crash badicoot
then I purchased Gameboy color with pokemon yellow
then I got PS2 with Tekken tag and Final fantasy X
then I purchase gameboy avanced with super jedi
battle

then I got Xbox with Fable and KOTOR
then nintendo ds lite with str wrs ep III and maro kart

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Origiri » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:31 am

Super Mario Brothers, from old NES. I was soo happy when I actually learned how to jump and defeat the first goomba. Walking was easy but that first goomba, dang it, it just kept killing me! :P It was fun nevertheless. :D

Then I finished it, ofcourse, after months or years of playing, then I quickly jumped to other games, finishing %75 of them, and trying different consoles etc...video games are so much fun! 8)

MaybeGlory
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MaybeGlory » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:33 am

LOL I was three I played Rugrats: The Search For Reptar LOL
I used to LOVE that show!

Dr Tomoe
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Re: First Video Game

Post by Dr Tomoe » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:58 am

Kameko wrote:What video game/s were your first?
-Pacman
-Wolfenstein 3D

For consoles it was the SNES with Mario. I liked Kid Icarus more then Mario even though I sucked at it and could never make it past the second level.
AAh, the good ol' days :D I dunno this KI, but I remember Mario was (and sometimes still is ;) ) quite a tough game :D And after Wolf... I was never the same.
Plus, Adventure Island, Captain America & the Avengers, goash, and about 10 more, changed my life :D

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 am

The first video game I ever owned was "Banjo-Kazooie". Damn, I loved to play that game. Me and my mother would play it for hours. It took 3 1/2 years to actually beat the whole game! XD
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:10 pm

The first game I remember playing was pong. It was soooo easy. I miss simple games like that.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:06 pm

the first game I played was donkey kong on my dads old atari system. My first console was the original Nes and I still have my legend of Zelda cartridge (gold edition) lol its old and abit battered but I still love it.

Chibisteven
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Chibisteven » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:26 am

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis. That was the first one I ever played. Since then... I've collected Sonic video games, soundtracks, etc. I have every Sonic game for the Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, and Sega Mega CD (that one I imported). It's impossible for me these days to keep up with the blue blur then it was 10 years ago, when he was on only Sega systems and not every system in current existance.

denizenofevil
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by denizenofevil » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:35 am

I was born in 1990 so i never really played anything older than any of the SNES games except for the NES which i played at my friends house recently.

NES: Anticipation or the Tengen version of Tetris
SNES: probably mario kart or street fighters 2
GBA: pokemon crystal (it was the reason i got the GBA)
PS1: it think it was some kind of megaman game my uncle had. he gave it to me later.
PS2: final fantasy x which was the reason i got PS2
PC Game: i believe it was who wants to be a millionaire (my family and i used to play it together) or a rugrats game.

I still play these games except for megaman and mario kart. My new computer can't play the millionaire game or the rugrats game so i can't play that as often as i would like to. I found the NES games online though.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:34 pm

denizenofevil wrote:I was born in 1990 so i never really played anything older than any of the SNES games except for the NES which i played at my friends house recently.

NES: Anticipation or the Tengen version of Tetris
SNES: probably mario kart or street fighters 2
GBA: pokemon crystal (it was the reason i got the GBA)
PS1: it think it was some kind of megaman game my uncle had. he gave it to me later.
PS2: final fantasy x which was the reason i got PS2
PC Game: i believe it was who wants to be a millionaire (my family and i used to play it together) or a rugrats game.

I still play these games except for megaman and mario kart. My new computer can't play the millionaire game or the rugrats game so i can't play that as often as i would like to. I found the NES games online though.
Wasn't Pokemon Crystal a Game Boy Color game? I could easily be wrong, but I could swear I didn't get a GBA until Ruby/Saphire came out.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

denizenofevil
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by denizenofevil » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:06 pm

yeah, you're right. it is a game boy color game but i bought the game boy advance for the purpose of playing a pokemon game and that was the newest pokemon game at the time

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:35 pm

The first game I ever played was Sonic on the sega genesis. It made me into a Sonic fanatic ^_^

The first game I ever played on PS1 was Tomb Raider and on PS2 GTA:3.

And the 1st game I played on Dreamcast was Soulcalibur.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!