Maho Tsukai Tai!

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Maho Tsukai Tai!

Post by Rainbow » Fri May 21, 2004 4:25 am

Does anyone else like this anime? I've been watching it all week, since I just got a box set of all the episodes at ACen. I like the TV series part better because it's sillier and goes a little more into the characters, especially their families. As for my favorites, so far it's a toss-up between Akane and Aburatsubo. I like Akane because she reminds me of Kasumi on Ranma 1/2, and that she's the youngest in the club in age, but everything else about her spells "typical older kid character" because she's dating all the time and is a model. As for Aburatsubo, I usually prefer the gay characters anyway, and I like that he's calm most of the time, especially compared to the other male member of the group. I suppose he is the stereotype about gays trying to have sex with heterosexuals, though. But unlike MANY other gay males in the anime I've seen/heard of, he doesn't pretend to be a girl, and thus, doesn't hide his sexuality.

So far, I think my favorite episode is the one where the girls are trying to make a cake multiply itself but they end up making it fill the room. It's hilarious!
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri May 21, 2004 9:04 am

Maho Tsukai Tai was a good series about halfway through...then it just became dry, and the ending was horrid, IMO. My friend and I watched it, and were just like "........uh........okay...o_O;"

In terms of characters, I did like Aburatsubo, as he was quite adorable and cunning.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri May 21, 2004 1:47 pm

I'd class Akane as being a Jr. J-Idol. I think she has all the tailoring of one. And Giant Akane... :oops:

Fav moment; Sae makes her three vows for the day, and breaks all of them as she makes them.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Fri May 21, 2004 2:44 pm

I've seen a few episodes of the OVA and it's alright. Akane is probably my favorite character in it.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Fri May 21, 2004 4:04 pm

I did like the manga, so I'm hoping to see the series soon.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Fri May 21, 2004 5:17 pm

I have the first four episodes, and I keep meaning to get the rest. I thought the series was hilarious, and I'm in love with Aburatsubo. He's the funniest character on the show.

One question, though. How in the hell did Lisa Ortiz do such a good job as Nanaka, but butchered Lina Inverse? o_0
Ok, I lied. Two questions. ^^ I didn't know the manga had been translated. Who released it, and where did you find it?
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Fri May 21, 2004 5:29 pm

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:I have the first four episodes, and I keep meaning to get the rest. I thought the series was hilarious, and I'm in love with Aburatsubo. He's the funniest character on the show.

One question, though. How in the hell did Lisa Ortiz do such a good job as Nanaka, but butchered Lina Inverse? o_0
Ok, I lied. Two questions. ^^ I didn't know the manga had been translated. Who released it, and where did you find it?
*sweatdrop* hahaha. It's kind of funny. My Japanese is starting to get quite good (sorry for bragging) and I read the manga in Japanese. I don't think there is even a translation released yet. I guess I should have mentioned that part. When I do find some time, I'd be happy to make a translation if you like, that's if a fan translation doesn't already exist.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri May 21, 2004 8:18 pm

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:
See, the thing about Lisa Ortiz is..she's not a BAD actress. She's quite good at roles such as Nanaka. But she just made a HORRID Lina Inverse. She did such a horrid job as Lina, and just didn't have the voice for it. It's amazing how well she did as Nanaka.

I loved the outtakes on the DVDs LMAO

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

EmperorBrandon
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by EmperorBrandon » Mon May 24, 2004 8:56 am

I love the series. It's my all-time favorite anime. It's very funny, and I loved the characters, music, dub (both languages are very good on MUC), pretty much everything. I've gone back and watched this one several times.

My favorite episodes were the last two episodes of the OVA, and ep. 6 of the TV series.
RoastedTwinkies wrote:
ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:
*sweatdrop* hahaha. It's kind of funny. My Japanese is starting to get quite good (sorry for bragging) and I read the manga in Japanese. I don't think there is even a translation released yet. I guess I should have mentioned that part. When I do find some time, I'd be happy to make a translation if you like, that's if a fan translation doesn't already exist.
I've really wish those were licensed as I wanted to try them out. There's supposedly a shoujo version and a shounen version of the manga, and they're both out of print.

MOD EDIT: There was no need to make a second post for this just a few minutes after your first. Posts merged.
Last edited by EmperorBrandon on Mon May 24, 2004 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.