Keleido Star!

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

kevin-sms
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Keleido Star!

Post by kevin-sms » Sat May 08, 2004 12:38 am

Wow, It was great!
Sorah is the girls name and she's like really cool!
If you havent seen the first episode...then here's where you can get it!
This months issue of uhm I dont remember!
Newtype I think!
Bye!
Love Your Friend
Kevin

shansen
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by shansen » Sat May 08, 2004 1:52 am

Kaleido Star is one of my current favourite series. I actually just watched episode 27 (the first one of the new season ... basically a recap of the first half of season 1).

As for a short recap (this is pretty much episode 1 in a nutshell):

Sora Naegino is a 16-year-old girl who wants to be in Kaleido Stage, which is a huge acrobatic-type performance. The Stage is located in the U.S. (I don't think they ever specify the exact location, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be somewhere on the west coast).

One of the big plot elements is that she can see Fool, the "Spirit of the Stage". Only a select few people can see him - those who are chosen by the Stage. You don't find out what this means until later on.

It's a really good show, with interesting characters. It revolves around the people preparing for and putting on shows at the Kaleido Stage. The relationships among characters are really well done, and the episodes leading up to (and including) the Season 1 finale are really good. I'm not sure where the show is going to go in Season 2 (it's done in Japan - 51 episodes total for both seasons), but I'm looking forward to it.

ADV has the license, and the first DVD comes out ... in 3 days (May 11th)? Crazy ... I had no idea it was already coming out (I thought it was later this summer). Anyway, it's a good show, and I would definitely recommend checking it out.

EmperorBrandon
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by EmperorBrandon » Sat May 08, 2004 7:52 am

This one looks very interesting, so I'll be trying it out. Vol. 1 just shipped yesterday, so I should have it in next week. :)

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sun May 09, 2004 10:04 pm

shansen wrote:ADV has the license, and the first DVD comes out ... in 3 days (May 11th)? Crazy ... I had no idea it was already coming out (I thought it was later this summer). Anyway, it's a good show, and I would definitely recommend checking it out.
Slight bit of anime trivia: ADV co-produced this series.

I'll probably get it tommorow or soon or something... :D
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.