Angelic Layer *especially, the song Ame Agari*

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Angelic Layer *especially, the song Ame Agari*

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:19 am

... but this topic can also discuss the series.

Though, I have found out, with great astonishment, something about the song Ame Agari. I'm starting this this way, you'll understand (Tiff knows about it, I'm protected by the heavenly admin :D ) .

So, this song... I guess you guys know who sings it. You don't ? Ah... Moeko Matsushita. Now this name might ring a bell in you.

Yeah. Hina. Mamoru's fiancée. PGSM. Not only does she steal Mamoru, she sings well AND she's cute!

*placed here because of the relation with Angelic Layer.

*I personally love these series. And this song, Ame Agari, comforts me somehow... it's one of those anime songs that does not sound that much anime, it sounds like some soft pop song you want to listen to when you want to have calm songs in you playlist.

So, what do you guys think of this all ?
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:27 am

I've heard many awesome things about this series, but I myself am unimpressed. To me, Angelic Layer is like CLAMP's answer to commercial anime such as Medabots, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Digimon, and even their previous CardCaptor Sakura. And although it's better than most typical commercial anime, I still find the series average at best. Aside from a couple of characters (Misaki, Icchan), none of the cast stands out to me (especially not Misaki's archetype schoolmates), and the art and animation are average at best.

And yet...I keep watching more. Well, as long as it remains free on Anime Network, anyway.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:01 am

I recently started reading the Angelic Layer manga and reading the anime. Previously, Cardcaptor Sakura was my favorite CLAMP series, but now Angelic Layer is slowly starting to take that spot. My favorite character in this series so far has definetly been Icchan. I love the way he pops up all of the sudden like he does. "Icchan go boom!" I also like how people think he's insane just because he wears a lab coat and glasses. ^^ In most cases, I usually prefer the manga version of a series over the anime version, but in Angelic Layer's case, I'm starting to like the anime series more.

The opening theme song is really catchy and I find myself listening to it over and over again. I also think the animation in the series is better than the artwork in the manga. CLAMP can be rather cheap at times with this series by drawing the characters like they're this big blob thing. o.O At least the anime series hasn't been so lazy that they can't draw actual clothing for the characters instead of making them look like some blob. I also liked how Misaki acciddentally signed up to parcticipate in a Layer tournament way too early rather than Icchan signing her up for it purposely. That just seems sort of more...logical, I guess is what I'm saying to me. Then again, since when has Icchan been logical? ^^;;

[spoiler]I've also liked how Misaki doesn't fight Hatoko at the beginning of the tournament as opposed to the manga where she fights her, looses the round, but they let her keep participating because of their rule where you can only loose once. I personally think that's just a little too soft for the rules of a tournament, but that's just me.[/spoiler] Probably my favorite moment so far in the series has been when Tamayo says, "It's easy to get Koutaro-chan into girls' clothes, too." And Misaki says out-loud for all of their class to hear, "What?! Koutaro-chan is a crossdresser?!" Poor Koutaro-chan. I've only just started reading/watching this series, but I've already fallen in love with it. It's definetly starting to climb to the top as my favorite CLAMP series. Here's hoping it'll continue to be as wonderful and addicting as it already has been.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:09 pm

I've been watching the series on Anime Network on Demand for a while now, and i've been hooked on it. The only problem with Anime Network on Demand is that a new episode comes once every 2-4 weeks, so I got sick of waiting and downloaded the entire series. It was quite a good series. Not one of my favorites, but still a good series.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:31 am

Is there anywhere to hear Ame Agari? I have her new song from a few months back (don't know if it's still considered new right now) called Ame and it sounds really good. Is that the same song?

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:26 pm

I saw the first DVD of the series over the summer. It was cute, but it wasn't really my taste. The music was pretty good though. Which song was Ame Agari? I'm really bad with song titles.
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:55 pm

Insert the following link into a media players open command prompt to head Ame Agari:

http://angelic.hikaru.online.fr/data/go ... 0agari.mp3
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:45 pm

Thanks. Why not just save it? :D Anyone know the translation for Ame Agari? The title itself I mean.

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:48 pm

Sakuya wrote:Thanks. Why not just save it? :D Anyone know the translation for Ame Agari? The title itself I mean.
I think it Means "After the Rain." At least thats what it is according to animelyrics.com
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:00 pm

This is the first time I've ever heard that song. It's really nice. But for some reason it reminds me of a couple other songs from CLAMP animes.....but I can't remember which ones.

I haven't seen the anime, but I want to. I love the manga, but I do agree about the art work. It took me a while to get used to it. It was just such a different style then I'm used to from them.

It was so easy to get caught up in the game. Icchan was so insane, but I loved him just the same. He had to be a little nuts to create the things he did. It was just so cool how he encouraged Misaki to pursue the game and do her best. The super shy mother was funny too. I do admit it's another game anime, but I like how it's funny and really has touching moments. The story is just really nicely put together and makes you want to read to the end. There's hardly any bad points to this series in my opinion.

EmperorBrandon
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by EmperorBrandon » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:35 pm

I've got the whole series on DVD, and just recently watched through it all again. Anyway, I really like the series. It's very cute and enjoyable. It's not as high among my favorites as CCS is, but still pretty high up there. It's also nice that, unlike CCS, this series got an excellent and accurate dub to complement it.

As for Ame Agari, I like the song, but I thought the first ending song was better. Maybe I was just used to the first one, though...