Witch Hunter Robin...

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Witch Hunter Robin...

Post by crazydiamond » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:57 pm

How long has Witch Hunter Robin been on Adult Swim? I just watched it last night, and it seems really good. How far into the series am I? How often is it on? (I could probably go to Adultswim.com to find that out, but I'm just too lazy.) Is it worth buying?

(edit: w00t! 100th post!)
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:23 pm

It's on Monday-Thursday.

It's been on for two or three weeks now, so it's around episode 12 now I think (iirc, it has 26)
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

The Wanderer
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by The Wanderer » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:54 pm

Dinozore wrote:It's on Monday-Thursday.

It's been on for two or three weeks now, so it's around episode 12 now I think (iirc, it has 26)
Actually, only 8 episodes have aired so far.
Don't you wish Gundams were real?

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:12 pm

Personlly, I like WHR. I've seen all 26 episode (import DVDs, Japanese w/ English Subtitles) and I like it. At times, the plot was a bit blah, and it seemed to have alot of fillers. At least the first half does. All in all though, I thought it was pretty good.

The dub is alot better than I thought it would be. The only voice that irritates me out of the bunch is Amon's. -_-; The rest I either like or tolerate.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:35 pm

The Wanderer wrote:
Dinozore wrote:It's on Monday-Thursday.

Actually, only 8 episodes have aired so far.
Oh. I coulda sworn it was one for 3 weeks and not two...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:28 pm

It appears, 12 episodes have been showed already. According to AdultSwim.com, The Eyes of Truth airs March 8th, and that is the 13th episode.

I love the show, but I have seen barely any of it. It is on at 1 AM, so it is too late for me T_T I should buy the DVDs, or wait for some sort of rerun of the episodes.

The first DVD comes with a lot of stuff with extras. I can't remember the exactness, but there were sticker, and maybe little tiny figurines, and mini posters. I want it all!
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:00 pm

Witch Hunter Robin is a good series. I have only seen the version on Adult Swim, though.

By the way, it has been on for a couple of weeks now. I haven't counted the number of episodes, though.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:20 pm

I honestly couldn't get past the first two episodes or so when a friend showed it to me. It just bored me to tears. I'm hearing such great things about it, but...blah.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:13 am

I've been recording it off the tele (not allowed to actually stay up and watch it) but I stopped about mid-last week. I've watched the first six episodes, and I've just lost interest in it. Nothing is explained, and the characters kind of irk me. It was ok at first, but as Tiffu said... "blah"
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Specter
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Specter » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:00 pm

I like it, but I can't be accused of watching it religiously (skipped about 3 episodes and parts of others). Sometimes it moves a little slow. On a side note, what do you call Robin's hairstyle? Or does that thing defy nomenclature?
He's got to make his own mistakes
and learn to mend the mess he makes
He's old enough to know what's right
and young enough not to choose it
He's noble enough to win the world
but weak enough to lose it - Rush - "New World Man"

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:24 pm

I *love* Robin's hair style. I only saw that one episode, but I am determined to do that to my hair. It looks reletively simple compared to some other styles that I like. I'd call them pigtail buns. Maybe. *sighs* well, since it's on EVERY DAY and it's on at like 11:30, looks like I won't be able to watch it. I can't stay up that late every night and expect to go to skool (er...college).
I honestly couldn't get past the first two episodes or so when a friend showed it to me. It just bored me to tears. I'm hearing such great things about it, but...blah.
It seems like a show that could easily do that. I dunno, it just has that vibe. Maybe if Hastings has a few DVDs to rent, I'll rent them and see if I like it. If I do, I'll buy it.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:42 pm

If you really want to watch it on Adult Swim, you could tape it like I do, on the nights I have school or have to go to work the next day.

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:44 pm

Ok, finally watched a full episode last night ^_^ My God, it was awsome! I mean, it really picked up.

[spoiler]The whole bullet thing and then Amon being on the evil side, which it seems like, but probably isn't.[/spoiler]

I forgot to watch it on Monday though T_T But for the next couple of days, I will be watching it. Thank you Spring Break!
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:41 pm

offtopic:: you're already on Spring Break!? Mine doesn't come until April.::/offtopic

Monday Night's episode was [spoiler]The STNJ had the Inquisitor come over to interview a guy they thought could be another witch hunter, but the guy turned out to be crazy and killed some people, but was eventually destroyed by Robin, who then regretted having to do so.[/spoiler]

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:43 pm

believe me, I'd love to tape it. Unfortunately, I broke the original remote that goes to my VCR when I flung it across the room in anger, and now I can't set it to auto-record. Otherwise, I'd be recording things left and right. As it is, I can't record anything without staying up/getting up until it starts, and then there's really no point.

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:57 pm

jupiter23 wrote:offtopic:: you're already on Spring Break!? Mine doesn't come until April.::/offtopic

Monday Night's episode was [spoiler]The STNJ had the Inquisitor come over to interview a guy they thought could be another witch hunter, but the guy turned out to be crazy and killed some people, but was eventually destroyed by Robin, who then regretted having to do so.[/spoiler]
Offtopic: I feel special for being on Spring Break already :D

Anyway, thanks a bunch for telling me what happened Monday. I still don't know what really went on with Teusdays episode >_> But I still love it to pieces.
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:28 pm

I haven't seen Tuesday's episode yet, because I have been taping it and have not watched it yet (gomenasai, crazydiamond, about your VCR. What Year/Brand type of VCR do you have? There may be a way you can get it to work.)

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:20 pm

I actually haven't had a chance to watch this series yet, but once I get some free time, I'll try to catch an episode of it.
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:28 pm

I've watched a couple of episodes, and I noticed a lot of totally super amazing walls and ultra super fantastic stair walking action amazement!

Blah indeed.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:34 pm

Alright... I have watched Tuesday's and Wednesday's Episodes, and they both tie in together, so you have to watch both to understand what is happening. [spoiler]Amon and Robin are out on a witch hunt, when Robin stars hallucinating about Amon trying to kill her. As it turns out, some organization wanted Robin dead because they were afraid her powers were now too dangerous. The STNJ discovers that Amon is helping these people hunt Robin and can't figure out why. When the people can't kill Robin (because she is being guarded by the STNJ now) they target the STNJ itself. Amon comes and helps Robin escape from them and ends up in the line of fire and gets shot. Robin manages to escape.[/spoiler]