Fruits Basket

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Fruits Basket

Post by KoiNoVash » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:07 am

I swear Fruits Basket is one of the cutest animes I have seen in terms of plot and characters. Toru is so sweet and Yuki and Kyo are HOT! Doesn't Shigure just crack you up? "Oh we're all snow white!" The dialogues other characters have with Shigure are the best, he's definitly one of my all time favorite characters.
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

FireYoukai
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by FireYoukai » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:45 am

I just started watching the series and I completely agree! ^_~ Kyou is definitly my fav character although you are right about Shigure
PLUTO PLANET POWER! MAKE-UP!

First Guy: Im gellin like a felon
Second guy: shut up fruitcake *shoots guy*
First guy: You Shot ME! You are sooo not gellin

Vchan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Vchan » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:56 pm

I need to finish FruBa. I've only got the first DVD, but this is definitely one of my all time favourite animes. I love Shigure to bits, and Kyo is great, too. Is it true that Tokyopop has liscensed the manga?
"Come on, you can do better than that!"- Famous last words.

Obsessive Touga Fan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Obsessive Touga Fan » Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:12 pm

Vchan wrote:Is it true that Tokyopop has liscensed the manga?
Yup:
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?prop ... rycode=BMG

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:57 pm

I can't wait for the manga to come out! I hear it goes on after the anime stops... is that true?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:59 pm

I've only seen the first DVD (I won it at A-kon's Anime Jeopardy! W00T!), but it's mad cute.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor X » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:22 pm

Certain people *glares at mirror* were ignorant enought to make another Fruits Basket topic even after looking up and down the topics, and certain people need to see the eye doctor. I just going to do a copy and paste edit job.

A while ago, my friend Cassandra let me borrow her Fruits Basket 1 DVD. I saw it, and loved it. I want to see more episodes though! Wah... And a few words: L-O-V-E! Lovely Yuki! Chatter-chatter-chatter-cha! Chatter-chatter-chatter-cha! Those girls crack me up. All the characters interest me, specifically Yuki, Uo, Kyo, and the Vibe girl (Damn, she's my fave character and I can't remember her name.).
That avatar is a self portrait. Really. Really. No matter how much it looks like D'Angelo, that's me. .... Oh, just shut up.

"Man, I am like obsessed with this show...could anyone have made a worse tv program if they set out to? The best part is, it was my grandma's FAVORITE show. We put her in a home shortly after she made that comment."
Jump the Shark comment on "Small Wonder"

FireYoukai
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by FireYoukai » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:43 pm

I agree I love the Yuki Fangirls lol, the vibe girl is Hana-chan
PLUTO PLANET POWER! MAKE-UP!

First Guy: Im gellin like a felon
Second guy: shut up fruitcake *shoots guy*
First guy: You Shot ME! You are sooo not gellin

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:55 am

I've seen the whole anime, and I really, REALLY enjoyed it. One of the cutest, most touching anime ever made.

I can't wait for TP to release the English manga. :D
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:36 pm

Mwahahahahaha, for I have Fruits Basket volume 1 as of....5 minutes ago! Hehehehehe :twisted: On top of that, A.I. Love You that are not due until February. I feel so special....and it seems TokyoPop has a new logo that you can't miss....it is a gigantic red square at the top of the border with teh little....weird head symbol. All I can say it, it is easier to find which company released what manga. For a crappy Barnes and Noble, they actually have some stuff early O_O *gasp*
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:42 pm

MonkeyDLuffy wrote:Mwahahahahaha, for I have Fruits Basket volume 1 as of....5 minutes ago! Hehehehehe :twisted: On top of that, A.I. Love You that are not due until February. I feel so special....and it seems TokyoPop has a new logo that you can't miss....it is a gigantic red square at the top of the border with teh little....weird head symbol. All I can say it, it is easier to find which company released what manga. For a crappy Barnes and Noble, they actually have some stuff early O_O *gasp*

.... I hate you and your not being broke-ness and having Fruits Basket Vol. 1 before I do-ness... :cry:

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:51 pm

KoiNoVash wrote:
MonkeyDLuffy wrote:Mwahahahahaha, for I have Fruits Basket volume 1 as of....5 minutes ago! Hehehehehe :twisted: On top of that, A.I. Love You that are not due until February. I feel so special....and it seems TokyoPop has a new logo that you can't miss....it is a gigantic red square at the top of the border with teh little....weird head symbol. All I can say it, it is easier to find which company released what manga. For a crappy Barnes and Noble, they actually have some stuff early O_O *gasp*

.... I hate you and your not being broke-ness and having Fruits Basket Vol. 1 before I do-ness... :cry:
...I have 5.15 minimum wage right now at a movie theatre that I am quitting....and you take that as not being broke??? T_T I just somehow use money that isn't there. I should stop, but manga is like drugs, its cheap when you buy one the first time...but then, you're hooked and you buy a bunch at once for that sweet sweet happiness O_o
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:10 pm

And this is why they say anime and manga are worse then crack ~_^v.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

a

Post by Dinozore » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:47 pm

You have A.I. Love You!?

Well, I'm broke anyway, so it doesn't matter yet...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:08 pm

My friend Lydia bought the first volume of the manga, and I read it today. I must say, I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped. I'm interested in the anime (borrowing, not buying) but the manga just didn't appeal to me that much.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:59 pm

Actually, I got Fruits Basket volume 1 on DVD for 20$ at Target. I was suprised for it to be so low compared to the 27-30$ ones at Best Buy and Suncoast.
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:02 am

Wee! I just got volume one of the manga. It is so cute! It has revived my great love for this series. I can't wait for volume two...

crazy_c
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by crazy_c » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:52 pm

I love furuba! its one of my favourite animes. I have the first volume of the manga too and i wanna get the dvds. unfortunately i can only buy the dvd over the internet and because of my dads not wanting to buy a credit card i cant get it!
:( :(

Willow
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Willow » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:07 pm

Fruits Basket is one of my favorite anime series! I have four volumes of the manga. I also have the first two DVDs. It's a good series because it can be sad and serious but funny at the same time. I can't wait until volume five comes out! I also plan on collecting the last two DVDs.

Liddy
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Liddy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:11 pm

*sigh* Sadly I haven't gotten around to buying the dvds but this series is on the top of my list.