Cardcaptor Sakura

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:51 pm

Okay, I have a question. Now, I've only seen the dub and read about the original, so this question might sound a little screwed, its a spoiler for the second season:

[spoiler]in the anime, it's said that if Sakura or Syaron use a card against Yue that's under his control it won't work. Now, from what I've heard, Windy, Water, and Dark are under Yue, while Firey, Eathey and Light are under Kerberos. The rest of the cards are never said which person they're under. Okay, in the anime, Sakura uses Wood, but it doesn't work because it's supposedly under Yue 0___o; wouldn't Wood be related to Earthy, making it under Kerberos, thus making it work? I'm so confused @[email protected][/spoiler]

Oh, and I just have a small request. In the episode Sakura's Wonderful Christmas, she gives Yukito a doll that looks like him. Does anyone know where I could find a pic of that doll, I never got to see that episode and it's driving me crazy ^_^;
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

EmperorBrandon
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by EmperorBrandon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:06 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Okay, I have a question. Now, I've only seen the dub and read about the original, so this question might sound a little screwed, its a spoiler for the second season:

[spoiler]in the anime, it's said that if Sakura or Syaron use a card against Yue that's under his control it won't work. Now, from what I've heard, Windy, Water, and Dark are under Yue, while Firey, Eathey and Light are under Kerberos. The rest of the cards are never said which person they're under. Okay, in the anime, Sakura uses Wood, but it doesn't work because it's supposedly under Yue 0___o; wouldn't Wood be related to Earthy, making it under Kerberos, thus making it work? I'm so confused @[email protected][/spoiler]
[spoiler]Half of the Clow Cards are under Yue's control and half of them are under Kero's control, though it's only precisely mentioned which ones for a few (the ones you mentioned). For whatever reason, Wood is under Yue's jurisdiction. He mentions that in the original version as well.[/spoiler]
Oh, and I just have a small request. In the episode Sakura's Wonderful Christmas, she gives Yukito a doll that looks like him. Does anyone know where I could find a pic of that doll, I never got to see that episode and it's driving me crazy ^_^;

I'll see if I can get a screencap of that.

EmperorBrandon
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by EmperorBrandon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:16 pm

EmperorBrandon wrote:
peachvampiress wrote:Oh, and I just have a small request. In the episode Sakura's Wonderful Christmas, she gives Yukito a doll that looks like him. Does anyone know where I could find a pic of that doll, I never got to see that episode and it's driving me crazy ^_^;

I'll see if I can get a screencap of that.
Ok, I've got it:

http://home.mchsi.com/~empbrandon/yukito_doll.jpg

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:37 pm

I have a question, does anyone here know if there is a website dedicated to Cardcaptor Sakura that compares the dub to the original? Like SMU? I found Cardcaptors Uncensored, but they shut that down. :cry:
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon May 05, 2008 9:27 am

there used to be a good site called ccs vs cc but it doesnt seem to exist anymore.

sorry about that :(

In answer to the earlier questions there are a few cards in the anime that we never see sakura seal but we do know that she has them.

those cards are Bubble, Through, Libra (I might be missing one).

In the first episode after her spring break which takes place right after the first movie there is a scene where Kero congrats sakura on how many cards she got over spring break. They then show those cards and not only is Arrow one of them but those other cards I listed above are also included.

Basically she got those cards during spring break and we just weren't shown. It stinks not to have those stories, but at least they show us that she does indeed have those cards.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:20 pm

Thank you Sailormars Obsessed fan, just googled it and found it. Too bad the user of the site hasn't updated in...three years? Still a good site even though doesn't have a whole lot of comparisons.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue May 06, 2008 10:26 am

I don't know f it helps any, but even though the main CCU site is shut down, the forums are still up and running, though they've been idle lately. http://www.whatisthewired.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi Also, I think pretty much all the CC episodes have been uploaded to youtube, including the episodes that were dubbed but were never aired in the U.S.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:55 am

I finished watching the whole series last month and I have also finished reading the manga too. I have only seen the first movie and I'll see the second movie soon. I loved the series and the manga too, it's just terrible what Nelvana did to CCS.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:20 am

You might like the dub of the second CCS movie then, AnimatedEvey, since the second movie was dubbed uncut with a different voice cast by Bang Zoom rather than Nelvana and I personally think the second movie's dub is one of the best dubs I've heard.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:12 am

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:You might like the dub of the second CCS movie then, AnimatedEvey, since the second movie was dubbed uncut with a different voice cast by Bang Zoom rather than Nelvana and I personally think the second movie's dub is one of the best dubs I've heard.
I can second this. I still prefer the subs with it, but the dub is actually quite well done. the characters dont all sound like spoiled brats, and no one is called Madison
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:24 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote: I can second this. I still prefer the subs with it, but the dub is actually quite well done. the characters dont all sound like spoiled brats, and no one is called Madison
So in the second movie (dub) do all the characters retain their names? I've been noticing that from the two mangas I've read (CCS and Sailor Moon) there's a solid ending compared to the anime counterpart endings, i.e. SM manga has Mamoru and Usagi marrying in the end, while the anime leaves it open.

My favorite CCS episode is the one that has Light and Dark card, same thing with the manga. I just love how those two cards were designed.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Yes, the second CCS movie dub does keep all the Japanese names intact.

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:34 pm

It's such a shame that Geneon's license ended for CCS. Given how poorly it sold, it is highly unlikely that someone else will pick it up. A friend of mine had the first four DVDs and the second movie, but I never got a chance to watch the rest. I thought it was a very cute, adorable series. I wish I had picked up the DVDs when they were in print. It isn't the availability that I'm concerned about, as I can find them very easily used, but the price of some of the later volumes.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Kameko wrote:It's such a shame that Geneon's license ended for CCS. Given how poorly it sold, it is highly unlikely that someone else will pick it up. A friend of mine had the first four DVDs and the second movie, but I never got a chance to watch the rest. I thought it was a very cute, adorable series. I wish I had picked up the DVDs when they were in print. It isn't the availability that I'm concerned about, as I can find them very easily used, but the price of some of the later volumes.
On youtube, search for the user ThatGirlNextDoor, she has all the CCS episodes subbed and she has the two movies but the movies are dubbed.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!