Anime Scenes That Give You Chills

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Anime Scenes That Give You Chills

Post by Rainbow » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:14 pm

Maybe not literal chills, but scenes you think are really scary. One of the worst for me would be in MKR episode 8. Hikaru has befriended this little creature that she called Hikari (it kind of looks like Eevee). It's actually one of Ascot's monsters, and the scene where turns into the monster form always scares me. Its fur sticks out and its eyes look REALLY spooky, and its tilting its head all weird too.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:25 pm

Quite honestly, the scene in S where Chibiusa is dreaming of Hotaru on the cross, and all of the dead, decaying hands are reaching toward her. It scared me when I first saw it, and it still bothers me.

Princess Mononoke, when the big pig starts..er..bubbling up and shit...and San and the guy (whose name i've forgotten -_-) basically get sucked up into it. Grosses me out and makes me cringe

Perfect Blue. All of it. It's great.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:36 pm

Tiff wrote: Princess Mononoke, when the big pig starts..er..bubbling up and shit...and San and the guy (whose name i've forgotten -_-) basically get sucked up into it. Grosses me out and makes me cringe
I would agree. That scene is in second place for me, probably.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:37 pm

A whole bunch of stuff in Blue Gender...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:35 pm

Most of the last episodes of Eva and the End of Eva really gave me the chills, especially when [spoiler]Eva 01 ate the angel and when those white Evas ate Eva 02, piolit and all.[/spoiler]
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:54 pm

KoiNoVash wrote:Most of the last episodes of Eva and the End of Eva really gave me the chills, especially when [spoiler]Eva 01 ate the angel and when those white Evas ate Eva 02, piolit and all.[/spoiler]
God yes...I've seen music videos that have scenes that just give me the chills.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Ni-ban Neko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Ni-ban Neko » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:56 pm

That scene from Princess Mononoke got to me, too. So did the scene KoiNoVash mentioned.

To be honest, all of Eva is really disturbing.

The Cowboy Bebop episode with Pierre Le Fou (I think it's 20?) is one of the most disturbing anime episodes I have ever seen. Come to think of it, so is the episode after it, with the cult.

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:37 pm

I agree with Ni-ban...Pierrot Le Fou was CREEPY. I haven't seen any of the other scenes mentioned except the Mononoke one, and it was disgusting, but not really creepy.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:43 pm

Tiff wrote:
Princess Mononoke, when the big pig starts..er..bubbling up and shit...and San and the guy (whose name i've forgotten -_-) basically get sucked up into it. Grosses me out and makes me cringe
Actually, that scene doesn't bother me at all. None of the scenes with blood bothered me in Princess Mononoke, but I easily get creeped out whenever a character's body parts get chopped off in that movie. There's one particular scene in the Rayearth OVAs where Alcyone is being hung up in that cruifix-like position and Eagle shows her all those dead bodies and skeletons of the people of Cephiro. Man, I always get the chills from that scene.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:56 pm

crazydiamond wrote:I agree with Ni-ban...Pierrot Le Fou was CREEPY. I haven't seen any of the other scenes mentioned except the Mononoke one, and it was disgusting, but not really creepy.
It was creepy to me. The thought of an animal bubbling up and then turning all liquid-y gross like that creeps ME out.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

RyoRei0110
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RyoRei0110 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:49 pm

Some scenes in End of Eva that really freaks me out are when [spoiler] Asuka tried to reflect the angel's weapon, but instead it turned into the Lance of Longinus and went straight through her Eva's head and the blood started pouring from her eyes.[/spoiler] and when [spoiler] Shinji finally got into his Eva and saw the mutilated Eva Unit 2 being dragged by the angels.[/spoiler] Those screams in those two scenes really gives me chills. Also, in Episode 24 I think, the scene where Shinji has to kill the last angel and he [spoiler] pops off Kaoru's head[/spoiler] makes me a little queazy as well.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:09 am

Evangelion:

[spoiler]Eva 01 is over-ridden by the Dummy Plug System in order that it might attack and destroy Eva 03, with its pilot - Touji - still trapped inside. Watching it attack mercilessly, coupled with Touji's helplessness during the whole thing, really freaked me out.[/spoiler]
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:33 am

Starscream wrote:Evangelion:

[spoiler]Eva 01 is over-ridden by the Dummy Plug System in order that it might attack and destroy Eva 03, with its pilot - Touji - still trapped inside. Watching it attack mercilessly, coupled with Touji's helplessness during the whole thing, really freaked me out.[/spoiler]
Ah, I remember that. It's proof right up and there that Gendo is, truly, an uncaring jack-ass! >_<
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:50 pm

Starscream wrote:Evangelion:

That, and
When Eva 00 ate the angel, and grew human arms.
That disturbed me to no end. I had to finish the series that night, because I couldn't sleep until I knew how it ended. And of course, it didn't. So, I'm still terrified!! TT One day, I will see End of Evangelion, and I will be fine. Until then... *hides under covers*
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

LilEva
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by LilEva » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:43 am

The end of Akira. *shudders*

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:49 pm

I'm surprised no one mentioned the 'Asuka Corpase' scene from End of Eva...

Migiwa
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Migiwa » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:54 pm

I think most of the parts of Lain when you weren't waiting for something to happen- especially when that whatever happens to her sister, and she like dissapears/changes/becomes that mindless whatever thing. @[email protected]

then again, Lain is a complete mindf*ck anyway.
Onigiri to yonde kudasai.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:59 pm

Wow. It's Befu. o_o Hell must have frozen over.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:28 am

just about any given episode of boogiepop phantom if you watch it at night. episode 21 in the dub of yu yu hakusho when suzaku was torturing yusuke. the way he screams just makes my skin crawl for some reason. also, episode 90 of yugioh duel monsters when maliku was dueling mai. something about him just creeped me out the first time i saw it, but then again, i was sick so i was laughed-up on cough sryup at the time, so...
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:35 pm

So, I was watching the R movie the other night because I was babysitting, and I realized that the scene where Sailor Moon is lying in the flowers after Fiore has almost stabbed her is *very* creepy. Even the dub music helps it be creepy.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking