Sailor Moon at School

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:13 am

peachvampiress wrote:RoastedTwinkies
I know this is off topic, but is there a reason why this topic got relocated to the Other Anime and Manga section?

Tiff
I'm going to move this to the anime forum, as this is becoming an "anime at school" sort of thing moreso than just sailor moon.
Because people were mentioning non-sailormoon anime in their work (including me and my Nanako breast island :P)
*slaps forehead* Where did I miss that?! *scrolls up*

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:48 pm

I know this is going to make a lot of people jealous (or else eager to go to college) but at my college, next semester I'm going to be doing an independent study on anime and its relation to Japanese culture for actual credit. :D

So far as I know right now (I'm going to meet with the teacher to get more of the details), it has something to do with one of the professors at my college wanting to do a class that either is about anime or is going to involve it somehow and he wants me to help get him the information since he knows me and knows I like anime so much. (He's a friend of my parents, that's how he knows me. I actually haven't had him for a teacher yet.) I'll post more details when I get them, but I'm obviously looking forward to it.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Hero of the Day
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Hero of the Day » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:20 pm

Aww, I feel bad about that oral presentation thing. I remember using Sailor Moon for a bunch of projects in fourth grade, and relating Michiru to Michigan in social studies, but that`s it.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:26 pm

How did you relate Michiru to Michigan? Besides the word similarity, of course. Is it because of the Great Lakes and Neptune has water powers? (I'm honestly curious, I'm not making fun of it.)

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:43 pm

If I would have purchased the Warriors of Legend: Reflection of Japan in Sailor Moon book earlier, then I definetely would have used it in a research paper I had to do in my English class this year. But I'm sure another opportunity will rise and I'll get to use it.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:35 am

During the summer semester class I'm taking, it's set at my usual lunch time, so I'm bringing my lunch in a Sailor Moon lunchbox. Well, actually, it's an old Barbie one that I taped a picture of the Senshi on.

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:54 pm

I actually did a report last semester in english class about Sailor Moon. We had to choose to write about a hero, (Super hero, your mom, anyone that makes a hero), and write about what type of hero they are(romantic, tragic, realistic, ironic etc.) and what makes them a hero and how they fit their hero type.
It turned out that I did really well on my paper and I was glad that I did and didnt get mocked for being a "moonie". Actually my english teacher thought it was cool that I liked Sailor moon and I wasnt shy about liking it.