Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:30 am

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Rin wrote:Female character bashing is another thing I hate. Since a het couple is cannon the female love interest get's bashed to hell and back for doing nothing but sharing a mutual with the male character that fangirls love to pair with another male character.
I can't stand it when yaoi fangirls do this. I think Gundam Wing fans are the worst at it. It's like every yaoi fangirl bashes Relena just because Heero x Relena is canon and not Heero x Duo. As much as I like Heero x Duo as an alternative coupling, I love Relena, too and I don't think she deserves as much hatred as she gets. And you would think that with a series as heavily male-influenced as Gundam Wing, Relena would be more popular with the female fans given how she's one of the most kick-ass female characters in the series. I also hate it when yaoi fangirls will label non-yaoi anime as yaoi. Like at a Tsubasa forum I used to post at somebody had posted links to scans of recent chapters of the Eva manga and everyone was jumping up and down and screaming about "ZOMG, Eva is becoming BL!" just because of one or two scenes of Shinji and Kaworu.
Speaking of Relena, what's sad about this is that, because of the rabid yaoi fangirls, any discussion about Gundam Wing, or general anime or manga, be it on a message board, a blog, webpage, etc. hardly goes by without someone taking potshots at Relena, and it has gotten to the point where it's now "okay" for fans or non-fans to bash her, regardless of whether they've seen GW or not.

Just ask the anti-Scrappy-Doo "fans", who have managed to turn Scrappy-Doo against the general public.
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:59 pm

Yaoi fangirls are officially scary creatures. I just came across the opening to this Chinese fanmade FMA shounen-ai game. x.X http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHOUvB57tc As much as I enjoy slash fanfiction, that's taking it a little too far. Although now I sort of want to play this. >>
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:19 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:Yaoi fangirls are officially scary creatures. I just came across the opening to this Chinese fanmade FMA shounen-ai game. x.X http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHOUvB57tc As much as I enjoy slash fanfiction, that's taking it a little too far. Although now I sort of want to play this. >>
Its Shounen-ai..? My friend was lucky enough get get a copy of the game, and I don't remeber any shounen-ai when I played. But Ididn't make it to the end, so I'm not sure.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:31 am

Tiff wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:Aren't public sexual acts illegal or something?

..Um...Making out isn't illegal...o_O;
In some parts of the world, it is.

Most of the rest of the world does frown on it, too. My supervisors have told myself and coworkers to not kiss between work and the train station.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Tiff » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:33 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
Tiff wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:Aren't public sexual acts illegal or something?

..Um...Making out isn't illegal...o_O;
In some parts of the world, it is.

Most of the rest of the world does frown on it, too. My supervisors have told myself and coworkers to not kiss between work and the train station.
Dude, I was speaking by U.S. standards. I'm aware that there are some strict rules around the world, from kissing to holding hands. Oy. -_-

and um..frowning upon /= illegal.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:04 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Its Shounen-ai..? My friend was lucky enough get get a copy of the game, and I don't remeber any shounen-ai when I played. But Ididn't make it to the end, so I'm not sure.
I guess I shouldn't be relying on what youtube claims. ^^;; I checked the Wiki article on it but they don't really have a lot of info on it.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:18 pm

I guess I shouldn't be relying on what youtube claims. ^^;; I checked the Wiki article on it but they don't really have a lot of info on it.
Cause I was about say.....I didn't want to have to kill my friend for a PC game..^_^*smites self*
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

What I want to know is why is there like hardly any yuri fanboys out there? It's like you always hear yaoi fangirls obsessing over some new generic BL manga and complaints about yaoi fangirls slashing every bishounen character in sight but you rarely ever hear anything about yuri fanboys. I think the only lesbian couples I've known fanboys to like have been UtenaxAnthy, HarukaxMichiru, and SakuraxTomoyo is a popular femslash couple, but outside of that I never hear anything about yuri fanboys obsessing over yuri titles and you never hear as many complaints about yuri fans. Like when Gravitation was released it was a really popular title that tons of yaoi fangirls obsessed over yet I only know very few guys that like Maria-sama ga Miteru. I just find it strange that there's such few yuri fanboys out there when aren't they're supposedly more male anime fans than female fans?

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:53 pm

Well im no expert but most of the guys I know who are super into anime dont really obsess about things like couples. They tend to focus on a character they like and run with that. Like my one friend who is super obsessed with Hercule from DBZ or my other friend who loves Wolfswood. They focus on a main character and go from there. Besides you can see Yuri or Lesbianism main stream more then Yaoi so why get obsessive when its widely more accepted. It goes back to my homosexual argument. Alot of people get all upset when two men show affection even in entertainment. But when its two women I hear words like "its beautiful, or kinky or hot." Its a double standard plain and simple.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:14 am

As a big fan of (non-)canon yuri pairings, I guess it's just that we don't get as passionate about the pairings as yaoi fangirls do. I'd wager that most guys who like the pairings like it more on the sexual side of things, versus how yaoi fans/fangirls may like that but are more enamored by the actual relationship the characters have. To put it differently: if the author decided that ambiguously-lesbian characters X and Y were to have straight/other relationships, the yuri fanboys wouldn't mind because all we care about is the sex; on the other hand, if guy characters W and Z were to be paired with other characters (male or female), that terminates the relationship they may have with each other, and that would be far more upsetting to the fans who root for the characters on a level deeper than the sex they may share.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:19 am

Starscream wrote:As a big fan of (non-)canon yuri pairings, I guess it's just that we don't get as passionate about the pairings as yaoi fangirls do. I'd wager that most guys who like the pairings like it more on the sexual side of things, versus how yaoi fans/fangirls may like that but are more enamored by the actual relationship the characters have. To put it differently: if the author decided that ambiguously-lesbian characters X and Y were to have straight/other relationships, the yuri fanboys wouldn't mind because all we care about is the sex; on the other hand, if guy characters W and Z were to be paired with other characters (male or female), that terminates the relationship they may have with each other, and that would be far more upsetting to the fans who root for the characters on a level deeper than the sex they may share.
You hit the nail right on the head.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:44 pm

You may want to watch this video:

Real Fans of Genius-- Yaoi Fangirl
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:13 pm

DuoTheShinigami02 wrote:You may want to watch this video:

Real Fans of Genius-- Yaoi Fangirl
I freaking never thought I'd love Further Vic more than I do now

RISEMBOOL PRIDE!! >:3
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:05 pm

OMG, someone needs to turn that pic into a T-shirt!

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:What I want to know is why is there like hardly any yuri fanboys out there?
There are, they're just not nearly as loud or as irritating about it...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:06 am

Dinozore wrote:There are, they're just not nearly as loud or as irritating about it...
That is my complaint with yaoi fans. It isn't that they like it, it's the way they can be so vocal about. I'm quiet sure there are yuri fans just as vocal, but you don't find them as often as yaoi fans. Heaven forbid that I don't see Heero and Duo happening and think it should be Heero and Relena. And any sort of suggestion in that direction will result in someone calling me a homophobe.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:57 pm

I am not really a fan of either Yaoi or Yuri. I hate it when people make up same sex couples that could never happen other than for comedy purposes.

For example I find Harry Potter SLASH very funny, I like the thought of having Harry and Snape together because it's so unbelievable. BUT, when people take it seriously it really bugs me. Like when somebody says "OMG I love Harry/Draco they are a cute couple but they are just hiding their love from each other" :roll:

Why do they take it seriously?

And going back to the 'bashing' conversation. It is true that some Fangirls are drama queens. When I was browsing youtube the other day I came across an altered version of Barbie girl. I think it goes like this "Barbie's such a bitch..." I can't remember the rest, but it was to a Gundam Wing video bashing Relena. It is over the top. Then there were comments saying "I hate Relena too, Duo/Heero forever" good grief these fangirls are deluded sometimes.

I don't think it's wrong to like same sex couples, but to take it seriously and bash other characters for it is childish.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Starscream wrote:As a big fan of (non-)canon yuri pairings, I guess it's just that we don't get as passionate about the pairings as yaoi fangirls do. I'd wager that most guys who like the pairings like it more on the sexual side of things, versus how yaoi fans/fangirls may like that but are more enamored by the actual relationship the characters have. To put it differently: if the author decided that ambiguously-lesbian characters X and Y were to have straight/other relationships, the yuri fanboys wouldn't mind because all we care about is the sex; on the other hand, if guy characters W and Z were to be paired with other characters (male or female), that terminates the relationship they may have with each other, and that would be far more upsetting to the fans who root for the characters on a level deeper than the sex they may share.
I disagree. It depends on how they were built up and their popularity. Case in point: Nanoha x Fate. The series currently has their relationship as borderline ambiguous, but if they shipped either one, the fanboys would be up in arms.
This also goes for StroPani since that series was made with heavy doses of yuri.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:46 pm

Amen to that brother

Anyway as it relates to the topic most of my bad experience with rabid Yaoi Fangirls is when I am watching cosplay at a Con, and when there is even a hint of yaoi they all start screaming really loud and it make it really hard to hear what is going on. Also when I wear my I <3 Yuri shirt I sometimes catch a little crap for it. 8)
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.