A Victorian Romance Emma.

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

RainbowCrystal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

A Victorian Romance Emma.

Post by RainbowCrystal » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:51 pm

does anyone like/watch/read this anime/manga?

I've watched the anime, but not read the manga, i love it, but i must warn you, there is no violence or anything like that, its very much life-like storyline.

It's a story of forbidden love, where a member of the gentry's son, William Jones (some say Jounes, the way it is pronounced.) falls in love with the maid of Williams governess. (governess) Kelly Stowner, (maid) Emma.

Naturally, Ritchard, (William's father) and his little siblings Vivi and Aurthur, do not approve of his love for Emma, and as you can imagine, things do not go well.

so does anyone else like A victorian romance Emma?

Emma (not Emma from the anime/manga, that is my name! lol)

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by sailor53 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:36 am

I just recently finished the second season. Emma has become one of my top 5 favorite anime. The story, art, and music are so gorgeous. I've only read the first three volumes of the manga, but from what I read I like that just as much as the anime. Now all I need to do to complete my Emma collection is buy the rest of the manga and the soundtracks for both seasons. Here are some links where to purchase both Seasons.

Season 01:

Right Stuf
Amazon
DVD Planet
DVD Empire

Season 02:

Right Stuf
Amazon
DVD Planet
DVD Empire
Remember, every downhill has its uphill.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 am

I've seen all of the first season and read all of the manga, and plan to order the second season soon. I personally think it's one of the better series made in that it's just different from other anime/manga. It actually deals with a mature issue without throwing in excessive violence, nudity, and/or sex every five minutes.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:58 am

cant say I have ever heard of it but it does sound interesting.

I bet there are some great outfits in it being Victorian Era
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain