The Characters We Hate

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:51 am

Fruityla wrote:
Mimette (BBSM): I like her character more than I used to, but let's face it, she got on my nerves. She was just...so very annoying -_-; I think it's mostly because she's extremely girly, and I don't like extremely girly girls.

Let's see...Eh, if I suddenly remember more I'll get back to you. I don't think video game characters count, otherwise this list would be quite long.
Before you posted I had almost forgotten about the little orange spore. I forget who originally said this about Mimette, but boy he was right:
Zero morals, two faced, and four eyes. Yep, that's our Mimette.
It describes her perfectly ne? But then again, he DID forget to mention her girly-girl ness. Oh well. ::shrugs::
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Fruityla
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Fruityla » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:15 am

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl wrote:
Fruityla wrote:
Mimette (BBSM): I like her character more than I used to, but let's face it, she got on my nerves. She was just...so very annoying -_-; I think it's mostly because she's extremely girly, and I don't like extremely girly girls.

Let's see...Eh, if I suddenly remember more I'll get back to you. I don't think video game characters count, otherwise this list would be quite long.
Before you posted I had almost forgotten about the little orange spore. I forget who originally said this about Mimette, but boy he was right:
Zero morals, two faced, and four eyes. Yep, that's our Mimette.
It describes her perfectly ne? But then again, he DID forget to mention her girly-girl ness. Oh well. ::shrugs::
She's a villian XD I don't think she's supposed to have morals.

"Don''t let the cave-in get you down
Don''t let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown...Sokka"
- Minstrel "Avatar: The Last Avatar"

Now you see me <_< Now you don''t

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:26 pm

Although I haven't read a lot of mangas, I do hate (well maybe not hate but VERY close to it (like an inch away from hate, lol) one character from Peach Girl with a passion....... Sae. What is wrong with this girl? She has to be one of the most evil villains I've seen yet in any show or manga. Jealousy and envy taken too far really CAN make someone borderline psycho. She tries to ruin Momo's life and Momo is nothing but nice to her (except when Sae goes too far and Momo puts her in her place). If I ever ran into someone like this in my life, I don't know how I'd deal with it. I mean, sure she juices up the story but geez. She takes it too far sometimes.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:57 am

Just watch Mahurabo, and Yunna, the main girl (think) has just become my number one all time hated character. She starts out fine and I actually liked her, but towards the middle of the series, she takes possessiveness to a WHOLE new level. Suddenly she becomes insanely jelous anytime some one approaches Kazuki who is the main character and she suddenly out right declares herself as Kazuki's wife for the rest of the series even though the two were never dating in the first place and he has two other girls after him. Kazuki never even said that he liked or anything. It gets to the point that anytime another girl is alone with him she throws a tantrum that puts Naru from Love Hina to shame! This includes his landlord, a woman that wants to capture him, and his teachers! One time he was late meeting her in the class room so she runs to the PA system and screams through it, "KAZUKI! YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME!" Good God what a worthless bitch! The other two girls were much better choices for him! How did the creators expect anyone to actually like her and root for her and Kazuki?

And I thought that there never could be a character that would make Miaka or Naru seem tolerable!
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:29 pm

I have............so many......

Sakura from Naruto: "OMG GO SASUKE!! YOU CAN DO IT!! =^___^="
Die Sakura. You're useless. Naruto abriged parodied it once. I laughed. Sakura....useless through otu the WHOOOLE SERIES.
Dies she break a sweat..?

Ussop from One Peice: Slightly more useful than Sakura but its the tall tales that bug me -_- *groumble*

Sayaka from Ultra Maniac: I wanted the parings to be NinaxYuta. Dman it let the parings be NinaxYuta. It may be a generic Shojou manga thing BUT GOD DAMN IT LET IT BE!!! HE LIKES NINA!! CRUHSES DON'T END THE MOMENT SOME RANDOM GIRL ASKS YOU OUT >< *grumble MORE* Sayaka...usesles bitch.....[spoiler]She tried to Kill Nina![/spoiler] Yuta! Save your love! Don;t date the bitch that did that!! ><

Ruriko from Skip Beat: Hatehatehatehatehate *die* Shes totally winy and manipulating! Thank got my darling kyoko put her into her place >.> She made Kyoko suffer well Kyoko will give you a WROLD of hurt!

Risa/Riku from D.N.Angel:
"DARK!"
"NIWA!"
"MR.DAAARK!!"
"NIIIIIIIWAAAAAA!!!!"
Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Kikiyo from Inuyasha: I don't like Kagome all that much but I see NO POINT asto why she was brought back. I would like to have seen her as minor Villan with Naraku KNOWING she was his weakness but then have Inu kill "her" and come to terms with his loss
Guess no one can have the easy way out huh..?

Winry from FMA: My hate for her has lowered. I see her as a nice friend but al she does is make automail...cept for that one spying thing. Another useless female charater
(I'm also a EdxRoy shipper. Rawr)

Maguri from The Gentlemans Alliance: Umm..his Posessiveness over Shizumiya-Sama is scary [spoiler]We later find out he is in love with Shizumiya[/spoiler] But I hope he and the darling main
charater can come to better terms >.>
(I do enjoy a Boy-Boy-Girl-Boy love square though! ^^)

Rin from Inuyasha: Agrh...I see her as Sesshy's "Human feelings" But does she do anything >.> *grumble* Shes not that bad but still ><

Ayame from Inuyasha: I HATE HERRR!! >< Useless female 4008989 *bain pops*

Himawari from XXXHOLiC: Shes ugly and cause I'm the huge KimihiroxYuko shipper that I am I dispise her >.>. I dis like the fact that [spoiler]She brings bad luck to everyone[/spoiler] Which caused the purchaser of the [spoiler]Monkeys Paw to die[/spoiler]

Mitsuki from Full Moon: Never will like her... I don't care if she is going to [spoiler]die in a year[/spoiler] shes so damn perfect and she get sher happy ending with [spoiler]Takuto[/spoiler] and what about Mereko! Shes been through much more! I would have never forgave Mitsuki! Her blood runs through her veins! ><

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:18 pm

Sailor Mars: from the Sailor Moon dub (she is not so bad in the sub but still not so great) she is just a cocky little biotch and she is just wants chad as her whipping boy

Bulma: From the Dragon Ball series. What a freakin shallow bitch/slut!! Ugh I just can't stand her. What the hell is her damn problem all any one has to do is look in her direction and she she screams her head off at you. She acts like she has a stick jammed up her ass all the time :x

Chi-Chi: From the Dragon Ball series. Man what a shrew! the woman uis as nad as Bulma. Except she is way more of an uptight bitch who won't cut the umbilical cord and get off her Gohans back! Man talk about being a nag, poor Goku gets hen pecked by her all the time.

Hakafu: the main character from Ikki Tousen. My God what a worthless character. All her character is a pair of boobs with no personality or brains. I just find it hard to belive that any one can be so niave or have such a lack of self awarness that they would not know that their boobs or panties are exposed. But then no one in that anime seem to care when their privates are exposed.

I can't remeber the character's name but he is the kid in Card Captor Sakura that always tells really stupid and off the wall stories and tells them as facts. The one that always has his eyes closed. Can't stand him.

Akane : from Ranma 1/2. Well... I don't actually hate her but her personality and mannerisms really get on my nerves. She always jumps to wrong conclusions and she never gives Ranma a chance to explain/defend him self. Plus she hits him over little things.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:58 pm

Hakafu: the main character from Ikki Tousen. My God what a worthless character. All her character is a pair of boobs with no personality or brains. I just find it hard to belive that any one can be so niave or have such a lack of self awarness that they would not know that their boobs or panties are exposed. But then no one in that anime seem to care when their privates are exposed.
She had much more personality and brains in the manga.

More charaters I dispise-
Yuka from Elfen Lied. All I ever see her do is obssess over Kouta, and be possesive over Kouta, and want Kouta all to herself.

Lucy From Elfen Lied (ANIME VER)- I just think she was 'forgiven' alittle too much. I mean, because she has ner good side, she can be forgiven...? Also, Kouta was much more harsh on her in the Manga than in the anime

Lacus from Gundam- This may seem odd, but I HATE Lacus, but I adore Meer. Too me Lacus seems very...perfect. I like Meer because she IS Human. I've only seen the latest series (Gundam Seed Destiny) but from what I have seen, all I see is perfect.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

KKDW
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by KKDW » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:55 am

Fruityla wrote:Mimette (BBSM): I like her character more than I used to, but let's face it, she got on my nerves. She was just...so very annoying -_-; I think it's mostly because she's extremely girly, and I don't like extremely girly girls.
you know when I started reading this thread I was thinking that there weren't any anime characters I didn't like until I read that post, then I thought...yeah I really didn't like her...from the methods she used of picking victims I couldn't help thinking "obsessive fangirl"! Aside from that there's nobody else I really hate (at least not that I can think of).

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:19 pm

You know what I just realized, almost all the character I hate that I listed are female characters :shock: and the one male character I listed isn't even some one that I dislike. I just don't care for him that much. Oh well here are more:

Naruto: from...Naruto. At least I really can't stand his voice in the dub. He just annoys me and I think he over reacts to things

Saske: from Naruto honeslty I'm just so done with coldly stoic and calm characters that are supposedly bruting loners who thinks that every one around them is incompentent. They are sooo cliche at this point and done to death in anime that characters like him become a dime a dozen.

Yukito: from Card Captor Sakura. Honesty I didn't get why Sakura fell so damn head heels for the guy. I never thought he was so great and her obsession with him got to the point of being annoying. It was to the point that I thought her"crush" on him was a bit forced. Plus I thought that he was a Mary Sue character who was too perfect at every thing and overly nice :roll: plus his mannerisms really annoyed me.

Yue: From Card Captor Sakura. To be honest I just never got into the guy. Yes he is cool looking and he has the strong enigma persona but...I just never cared for his character. Maybe its a hold over from my dislike of Yukito but I just don't care for him that much. I liked it better when it was just Sakura and and Kero-chan.

Chad: from Sailor Moon (I don't know his japanese name). I just don't care for this guy, they make him way to goofy and childish to be taken seriously as a love interest for the hot tempered Rie. The writters couldn't have made him more of an equal for Rie? He was made out to be basically Rie's whipping boy that she always screamed at and he would just scamper to do her bidding to get her attention. And I was never fond of the the psudo rocker/surfer voice the anime gave him in the American dub.

Jaken: from Inuyahsa. this guy grovels so much thats its pathatic. Plus his American dub voice is just grating :x
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:30 pm

Passions55 wrote:Jaken: from Inuyahsa. this guy grovels so much thats its pathatic. Plus his American dub voice is just grating :x
Have you watched the original Japanese? Jaken's voice is actually a lot more tolerable in Japanese, but he's still annoying overall. He and Rosette from Chrono Crusade are two of the most annoying characters I've ever heard in any dubbed anime due to their voices alone.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:41 pm

jupiter23 wrote:
Passions55 wrote:Jaken: from Inuyahsa. this guy grovels so much thats its pathatic. Plus his American dub voice is just grating :x
Have you watched the original Japanese? Jaken's voice is actually a lot more tolerable in Japanese, but he's still annoying overall.
O.o did you only glance over what I wrote? I said I thought his American voice was grating, not his japanese voice. :? And yes I have seen it in Japanese.

more characters that I can't stand:

Vidal: from Dragon Ball Z. What is it with the female characters in this anime?! They are all eighther spoiled tempermental little brats, or they are bull headed violent bitches. And Vadel is no diffrent, she comes off as this arrogant head strong girl who has to get her way. ugh :x

Aya : from Ayashi no Ceres. I've only really read the manga and I'm only on volume 7 but I'm slowly starting to get irritated with her character. :roll: (however I do think its a great story so far)

Molly: from the Sailor Moon dub. I just can't get over how freakin' awful her voice is in the Dub. Now that I've heard her voice in the Japanese and sweet it sounds, I can't stomach Molly's voice any more!

Luna: From the Sailor Moon Dub. I actually like her in the original japanese one but in the dub I can't stand her. She is just a rude bitch who insults Usagi (even though her insults are true) and puts her down to often. For some one who is supposed to guide Usagi she sure shows that she doesn't trust her capabilties very much. Dub Luna is the bitchiest cat i know :twisted:

an oh my Goodness my all time number one character I hate the most:

ChibiUsa!!!

From Sailor Moon, I can not stand this little brat!! She was such a little bitch to Usagi when she appeared in Sailor Moon R that I instantly disliked her. Heck even during the times where she was all upset and crying because she missed her parents I hated her! I hated how rude she was to Usagi and how she would deliberately said things to cause Usagi problems and disrespected her when Usagi was trying to help her. And I never liked how her presence put a rift between Usagi and Mamarou, even after things worked out between Mamarou and Usagi. ChibiUsa just doen't know when to back off and and respect their reationship. And ChibiUsa really should have stayed in the future after Sailor Moon R . I didn't like how they brought her back because all she does is bring out the immature side of Usagi which I personally should have been the reverced. I also don't like the idea of Chibi Usa and Usagi growing up together :? Chibi Usa is Usagi's daughter from the future, not her sister! Let Usagi live her life and with out her future daughter mucking up things for her in the present. And I thought it was unforgivable when the Super S series replaced Usagi as the main character and gave it to ChibiUsa. :evil: Ugh send the little brat home and let Usagi stay in the spot light!

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:21 am

Passions55 wrote: an oh my Goodness my all time number one character I hate the most:

ChibiUsa!!!

From Sailor Moon, I can not stand this little brat!! She was such a little bitch to Usagi when she appeared in Sailor Moon R that I instantly disliked her. Heck even during the times where she was all upset and crying because she missed her parents I hated her! I hated how rude she was to Usagi and how she would deliberately said things to cause Usagi problems and disrespected her when Usagi was trying to help her. And I never liked how her presence put a rift between Usagi and Mamarou, even after things worked out between Mamarou and Usagi. ChibiUsa just doen't know when to back off and and respect their reationship. And ChibiUsa really should have stayed in the future after Sailor Moon R . I didn't like how they brought her back because all she does is bring out the immature side of Usagi which I personally should have been the reverced. I also don't like the idea of Chibi Usa and Usagi growing up together :? Chibi Usa is Usagi's daughter from the future, not her sister! Let Usagi live her life and with out her future daughter mucking up things for her in the present. And I thought it was unforgivable when the Super S series replaced Usagi as the main character and gave it to ChibiUsa. :evil: Ugh send the little brat home and let Usagi stay in the spot light!

Actually Chibi Usa is one of my main reasons Id like to see the anime redone using the manga storyline. If you read the manga Chibi is alot different, she still has her bad points in the very beginning but after the Time arc (which in my opinion really explains her introduction as a Sailor Senshi best) she is alot more tollerable even if she is IMO just a minature pink weilding mutant copy of sailor moon. Heck I could even tollerate their duel fighting styles in the supers manga because she matures so much in the manga. She truly becomes a little lady and early on knows who her future parents are and even patches up a miss undestanding between them. Just like Rei Chibi Usa is just another crossover victim made to be alot worst then the character truly is.

I dont know if theres any characters I truly hate just voices Like Tenchi Misaki his voice grated on my nerves in the dub. Though alot of people love her voice Emerald (dub version) drove me nuts with her laugh I hated it.

I agree on the anime women either being aggressively bossy or too shy to the point of sickening thats why my favorite character has always been Makoto from sailormoon. She has an attitude but she uses it for good and asside from the Dub is generally protective of all she loves and doesnt stoop to pety insults and berrading her future queen.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:52 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:Actually Chibi Usa is one of my main reasons Id like to see the anime redone using the manga storyline. If you read the manga Chibi is alot different, she still has her bad points in the very beginning but after the Time arc (which in my opinion really explains her introduction as a Sailor Senshi best) she is alot more tollerable even if she is IMO just a minature pink weilding mutant copy of sailor moon. Heck I could even tollerate their duel fighting styles in the supers manga because she matures so much in the manga. She truly becomes a little lady and early on knows who her future parents are and even patches up a miss undestanding between them. Just like Rei Chibi Usa is just another crossover victim made to be alot worst then the character truly is.
I guess if I read the manga that I might like ChibiUsa a bit better, if she isn't as annoying a character as she's made out to be in the anime. But to be honest she is a classic type of character that I have never liked. Future characters who go to the past and then stick around. I kep thinking in the back of my head "aren't things here being screwed up because of your presence?".

I just never cared for characters from the future that have some relation to the characters of the present sticking around. And the fact that I found ChibiUsa to be such a despictible little brat didn't help endear her to me. She is one of the few Sailor Moon characters that I find not to be just as rude and obnoxious as in the original as she is made out to be in the dub. In fact the Dub openly exgerated her brattiness by just a little. Shocking :shock:
I agree on the anime women either being aggressively bossy or too shy to the point of sickening thats why my favorite character has always been Makoto from sailormoon. She has an attitude but she uses it for good and asside from the Dub is generally protective of all she loves and doesnt stoop to pety insults and berrading her future queen.
Actually as much as I love anime I do feel thast most of the time they are portrayed awfully negatively. Its like for themost part anime doesn't know how to portray women decently with out exgerateing them. Bulma could be a cool female character, since she is supposed to be very smart and does mechincal stuff, but they spoil her appeal by making her so bitchy and shallow. And then there is Chi Chi one of the few female fighters on the show but they ruin that kickass aspect as well by making her so shrieky and domineering that it makes her look awful. Other anime is like that too. And I'm like what the hell? :(

Sadly I can only think of a few anime girsl that are portrayed posetively with out the attitue. And one of them is Sango from Inuyahsa. I think she is both a strong and capable female character who skilled fighter but not masculine or boyish. In fact I find quite femimine and she is has a calm personality and doesn't have an that shrewish hot tempered attitude like other anime girls do. I wish more anime females where portrayed like her. And even though she displays jealousy and violents against her love interest like alot of anime girls do, it isn't done in an exegerated way most of time. She is very tolerable.

ANd you are right about Matoko from Sailor Moon , but I am rather turned off by her senpia pining that she does in the naime. I think thats why I love live action Makoto so much. She is tough and protective of her friends and she doesn't take bull shit!And she doesn't constantly pine over her lost love. In fact it was only addressed one in her debut and never brought up again. I also like that she isn't manly or boyish about it like she has been accused of being in the anime. SHe is just a independent character, and i

More characters I don't care for:

Touya: from Ayashi no Ceres. I don't actually hate him I just think he's rather bland and doesn't have the charming personality that Yuhi has. And the fact that Aya is more attracted Touya instead of Yuhi sort of irritates me because I think its sort of shallow and cliche for the herion to fall for the mysterious badass guy over the sweet realistic guy with more personality (whos badass in his own right) and who really cares for her. Oh well :roll:

I don't remeber her name but she is from the tenchi universe and is the blonde space cop who is a little on the dumb side. I don't care for her.

Princess Ayeka: from Tenchi . I don't care for snobby characters

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:12 pm

LOL Passions thats Mihoshi and I think shes fun to laugh at shes the anti Washu to me being Washu was so intelligent (and my favorite character of the series) It was like watching the odd couple whenever their in a situation together.

And yeah I really hate the boy crazy mentality of the Senshi in general. Between Makoto and Minako especially they really eluded a few times that Minako would rather chase boys and play sports then take her duties seriously at times and while I enjoyed laughing at the anime's wacky character version, manga Minako just really seems more well rounded and less occupied with the opposite sex. Makoto to it drives me nuts seeing her constantly pinning over some jerk who dumped her it just doesnt fit her personality to me.

Back to Tenchi though

Ayeka irks me to only because if she cant get what she wants she becomes an instant shrew. Kiyone bugs me because shes too much of a perfectionist and fails to see that sometimes you have to lighten up. The father on Tenchi is just another perv chasing young girls. About the only two characters that dont bug me are Grandpa and Washu. I lost all respect for Sasami with that whole magical girl stuff I know some think its a cute tribute to sailor moon but it irritates me for some reason specially the talking Ryoki.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:30 pm

Princess Allura from Voltron: Sure, it's a good thing that she decided to step up as one of the pilots of Voltron... But with all of her fainting spells, whining about how she thinks she isn't a good leader, constantly getting captured by the enemy, crying when she's reprimanded for doing something WRONG, and, at one point, stealing the leader's robot lion and almost crashing it and therefore almost putting Voltron out of commission... Yeah, she sucks. She's the reason why the first 6 episodes of Voltron are considered some of the best.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:03 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:LOL Passions thats Mihoshi and I think shes fun to laugh at shes the anti Washu to me being Washu was so intelligent (and my favorite character of the series) It was like watching the odd couple whenever their in a situation together.
What irritated me about Mihoshi is that she was just so clueless, she was the typical dumb blond stereo-type :x But I did feel bad that her partner acting happy that she was dead :( especially since Mihoshi adored and looked up to her so much.
And yeah I really hate the boy crazy mentality of the Senshi in general. Between Makoto and Minako especially they really eluded a few times that Minako would rather chase boys and play sports then take her duties seriously at times and while I enjoyed laughing at the anime's wacky character version, manga Minako just really seems more well rounded and less occupied with the opposite sex.

I didn't mind so much that Minako wanted to stop doing the senshi thing so she can chase boys and play sports. I think that its natural that she would want to engage in normal teenager activites, because being a senshi she is being robed of her care free adolescent years. I just hate how they make her such a flaky ditz :shock:. Especially since when she first appeared she seemed so much more poised and refined.
Makoto to it drives me nuts seeing her constantly pinning over some jerk who dumped her it just doesn't fit her personality to me.
ugh, Makoto in the anime annoys me with her with her "I'm not very feminine" angst. When I was a kid I remember watching the show and wanting to slap her when she whined that she felt being strong, athletic and tall made her boyish. I was like "how the hell does any of that make you boyish"?! :? :x And the fact she tried to remedy that by pretending to be little miss Betty Crocker not only seemed pretentious to m but shallow :x . It wasn't until I realized that this was a cartoon from a different country that had different cultural (more traditional) standards for young girls that I began to feel sympathatic toward Matoko and her angst and I began to like her character more. But yeah her pining over some jerk that broke her heart still annoys me. I've always wondered if the only reason Matoko makes such a big deal of pining over her lost boyfriend is maybe she thinks that doing so is a feminine trait to mourn over boy she loved and that making a show of it would make people think she is more feminine...or something :?
Princess Allura from Voltron: Sure, it's a good thing that she decided to step up as one of the pilots of Voltron... But with all of her fainting spells, whining about how she thinks she isn't a good leader, constantly getting captured by the enemy, crying when she's reprimanded for doing something WRONG, and, at one point, stealing the leader's robot lion and almost crashing it and therefore almost putting Voltron out of commission... Yeah, she sucks. She's the reason why the first 6 episodes of Voltron are considered some of the best.
I actually liked Princess Allura. I didn't mind the fainting spells and the angst that she wasn't good enough. She was s princess who was probably brought up very to very delicate and girly and dainty...and yet she was still trying to do take on the situation which was a far cry from what she has ever done I'm sure, so I could forgive the whining and crying at first. I thought it was really cool that she was stepping up and trying to tackle the pilot thing. And even though she started out as a weak princess who cried when she messed up I like that she went all out tried to become a good pilot. Which she does. And I actually admired her for going against what every one else told her to do.

But Allure didn't exactly get away with stealing the blue lion bot. Remember her nanny spanks her in front of the team members for that little stunt :lol: But you know I thought it was cool that after getting embarrassed like that she still tried to the pilot thing. Had that happen to me I think I would;d have been to embarrassed to even look at any of the team again. :oops:

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Sakuya (Tenchi in Tokyo)

I hate this girl. I hate her with a vengence. I am a Tenchi/Ryoko fan so this is probably the reason. But she seemed to be everywhere and her character just annoyed me in general.
Last edited by Iced_Cappucino on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:04 pm

Passions55 wrote:
Senshi_of_Vision wrote:
I actually liked Princess Allura. I didn't mind the fainting spells and the angst that she wasn't good enough. She was s princess who was probably brought up very to very delicate and girly and dainty...and yet she was still trying to do take on the situation which was a far cry from what she has ever done I'm sure, so I could forgive the whining and crying at first. I thought it was really cool that she was stepping up and trying to tackle the pilot thing. And even though she started out as a weak princess who cried when she messed up I like that she went all out tried to become a good pilot. Which she does. And I actually admired her for going against what every one else told her to do.

But Allure didn't exactly get away with stealing the blue lion bot. Remember her nanny spanks her in front of the team members for that little stunt :lol: But you know I thought it was cool that after getting embarrassed like that she still tried to the pilot thing. Had that happen to me I think I would;d have been to embarrassed to even look at any of the team again. :oops:
I agree with you, Passion. I always thought that Allura wanted to be able to fight, except that the people around her (Coran, etc) kept her from doing so. Remember in one of the early episodes that she vows to fight, and as she's praying, Coran just looks at her with this semi-horrified expression on his face. Remember that he also tied her to a chair to keep her from taking the blue lion and joining the rest of the team.

I think part of the reason for her angsting and crying spells may have been that she jumped right into things and expected them to be easy for her, only to find they really weren't. (And I agree on her getting back into the lion after the spanking episode with Nanny. If that doesn't take guts, I don't know what would.)

In the end, I think her heart's in the right place. She took the black lion the one time because she wanted to be prepared in case Keith was out of commission for whatever reason (which happened near the end of the show, if I remember right). It may not have been the right thing to do, but her heart was in the right place. She wanted to be able to protect her people as best as she could.

Actually, as far as annoying characters go, I found Nanny from Voltron to be a rather annoying character. Maybe it's because I'm a more forward-thinking female, but her constant discouraging of Allura's wanting to be part of the team irked me. All the talk about Allura being a "proper" princess really bothered me. I know she wanted her Princess to be safe, but surely she could have seen that no one would be safe if Voltron couldn't be used to protect them!

I also really didn't like Hikaru from Princess Ai at first. He just struck me as being far too much the stereotypical screechingly jealous homosexual guy. And the way he clung to Kent just bugged me further. Luckily, he seems to mellow out a bit later, and I found myself liking him a bit more by the end of the series.

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:56 am

Princess Latona wrote: I agree with you, Passion. I always thought that Allura wanted to be able to fight, except that the people around her (Coran, etc) kept her from doing so. Remember in one of the early episodes that she vows to fight, and as she's praying, Coran just looks at her with this semi-horrified expression on his face. Remember that he also tied her to a chair to keep her from taking the blue lion and joining the rest of the team.I think part of the reason for her angsting and crying spells may have been that she jumped right into things and expected them to be easy for her, only to find they really weren't
Yeah, wicked badass if you ask me. I like how she stuck to her guns even when she was opposed by the Coran and every one thought it wasn't her place to do that, but she kept at it any way. Even during her training where hse was having extreme difficulties and having problems. Most people would have given up by then but she didn't. And I do remember that scene where she is praying and Coran looked really worried, and then tied her to a chair to keep her from going. But she proved them all wrong and saved the day in that episode.
(And I agree on her getting back into the lion after the spanking episode with Nanny. If that doesn't take guts, I don't know what would.)
That whole scene with her nanny irriatated me. I thought she was way out of line and should have known better. I mean come on Allure is how old? Between the ages of 17 and 20 maybe? That was wicked unnessacary. I mean, yeah, Allure was acting a bit head strong and she put her life in danger but none of them couldn't have listened to what she had to say and maybe given her a chance? Instead her nanny embarrasses her (a princess ) by treating her like a child in front of people that are supposed to respect her (and yeah I found it real mature that whole team busted out laughing too :roll: jerks) . Ugh, that bugged me :x

But I respect her all the more for still putting her personal embarassment away and acting to protect her kingdom in spite of that. She acted like a true princess :D which took alot of guts. Like I said before I could never do that. I would be avoiding the situation if I was allura
Actually, as far as annoying characters go, I found Nanny from Voltron to be a rather annoying character. Maybe it's because I'm a more forward-thinking female, but her constant discouraging of Allura's wanting to be part of the team irked me. All the talk about Allura being a "proper" princess really bothered me. I know she wanted her Princess to be safe, but surely she could have seen that no one would be safe if Voltron couldn't be used to protect them!
yeah I agree with that. Stupid nanny. What was the point of her being there in the first place? Allura was grown she didn't need a nanny any more. I'm glad she didn't listen to her nanny.

Haruka_Michiru
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Haruka_Michiru » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:22 pm

I agree with you about Nanny,Passion. If I were Allura,I would've told Nanny to leave and not come back.