CPM bankrupt?

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

CPM bankrupt?

Post by Aya Reiko » Sat May 27, 2006 12:30 pm

For those of you who haven't gotten the Utena Complete Box Set yet, you may want to consider getting it as soon as you can.

From AoD ('cause ANN is down at the moment):
Central Park Media Lays Off Staff (08:06 PM EDT): According to an article at Anime News Network (which may be inaccessable at the moment due to server fixes they're working on this weekend), CPM has laid off its staff save for a few to clean up loose ends. Conflicting information about the term bankruptcy has come up. CPM had three panels scheduled for Anime Boston this weekend but nobody was here from the company to staff them and no reason was given why. The remainder of their releases on the schedule and their status is currently unknown and will depend on how they tie up the "loose ends."
This followed by a forum post by Peter Tatara, CPM's Representative and Marketing Manager:
Ahoy. CPM should be making an official statement Tuesday regarding the rumors. While I know a lot about what's going on, I'd prefer for the company to make an announcement before I do. (In other words, I'm no longer with the company.)

As for things like Wrath of the Ninja, Negadon, and VOTOMS, again, I'd prefer for CPM to issue a statement.

Once everything's public, we'll see what if anything I can add. Personally, I can tell you I was let go Friday morning and spent Friday afternoon sending out some e-mails and resumes. Friday night, my girlfriend and I went to Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurant. We're (my girlfriend and I -- not Morimoto and I) now spending Memorial Day Weekend together.

Come Tuesday, I'm going to start officially looking for work.
There is no way, shape, or form this announcement on Tuesday could be good.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.