Futari wa Pretty Cure

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Futari wa Pretty Cure

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:05 am

Yahoo! JAPAN ran a couple of articles in the past few days. This is a brief summery. (Originally found in AOD's forums. Highlighted something of interest to us.)
On October 26, 2005, Japan time, for the fiscal year ending March 2006, Toei Animation revised its earlier consolidated pretax profit projection of 3.0 billion yen upward to 3.6 billion yen. Toei did so because sales related to the Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart anime have been good.

As a result of the upward profit revision, Toei Animation stock shot up to 6,490 yen per share at the opening in the morning of October 27, 2005, Japan time, a rise of 800 yen (14.06%) compared with the day before at 1:00 PM.

Strong, positive surprise was expressed at the upward profit revision by Toei. Memory is still fresh from what has happened to Broccoli, which had garnered popularity for a while in the "moe" market in the field of character business, but has experienced a slump in business despite expectations in the market.

The popularity of Toei Animation's original property Pretty Cure has especially risen; it also greatly contributes to product development and sales. It is said that Pretty Cure wins overwhelming endorsement from 4-6 year old girls, in a way like Sailormoon before, which became a social phenomenon of girls transforming and fighting.
I, of course, am a fan of the series. Why else would I post this? Though I do find it interesting that the series is getting compared to Sailormoon in terms of popularity.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:43 am

And, like Sailor Moon, Bandai will make Toei drag out the series as long as they make money off the toys. That's how Sailor Moon went on beyond R.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:27 am

I saw the first two episodes at youtube.com. So far it's looks really cute. Mipple is adorable.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:03 pm

You'll have to keep watching it on youtube or download the fansubs because 4kids has licenesed Pretty Cure. I weep for Pretty Cure fans everywhere.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:12 pm

I would watch more, but no one has put up episode three yet.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Pretty Cure is with 4Kids now??!! *plops on floor dead*
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am

I've heard of this show but I've never seen it before. Is there a manga for it?