Top Anime

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:33 am

01) Cowboy Bebop
02) Sailormoon
03) Shoujo Kakumei Utena
04) Licensed by Royal
05) CyberCity Oedo 808
06) Onegai Teacher
07) Lupin the 3rd
08) Sorcerer Hunters
09) Magic Users Club
10) Nightwalker
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:03 am

1. Azumanga Daioh (The greatest comedy of all time)
2. Excel Saga (One of the few series I can marathon through in its entirety)
3. Noir (Those of you who need everything in terms of black-and-white need not apply.)
4. GTO (Teacher BANZAI!!!)
5. CCS (Hu-uueee... Only #5?)
6. Sugar (Sugar Baby Lo-ove!)
7. Ranma 1/2 (Nihao!)
8. Sailor Moon (I will get the PGSM on DVD.)
9. Utena (Only the TV series. The movie is too schizophrenic to make the list.)
10. Neon Genesis Evangelion (Good, but over-rated.)
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:24 pm

Frist off the results will be in on the 4th or the 5th of Novmber

Second

Ten is the number thou shall write no more, no less but ten.
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:12 pm

Em wrote:Frist off the results will be in on the 4th or the 5th of Novmber

Second

Ten is the number thou shall write no more, no less but ten.
I'm going to follow up on what Em said.
People, I am so tired of asking everyone to read every post. You should at LEAST be reading the post that introduces the topic.
I'm going to say this once more:
READ EVERY POST BEFORE REPLYING. IF I SEE ANOTHER REPEATING POST OR A POST GOING AGAINST THE GENERAL GUIDELINES OF THE TOPIC (ex: Em said ten. TEN. Not 8. Not 23. TEN.), IT WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE WARNED.

This is for EVERY TOPIC. I really am tired of wasting time deleting and editing posts. As a mod, I have to read every post, people. It won't kill you to read the posts in the topic which you will be replying. [/b]

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

TrebekCrow
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by TrebekCrow » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:09 pm

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
3. Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
4. Slayers Try
5. Cardcaptor Sakura
6. Serial Experiments Lain
7. Excel Saga
8. Kiki's Dilevery Service
9. Yoroiden Samurai Troopers
10. Grave of the Fireflies
Stop squirming, you're making the procedure more difficult.

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:45 pm

1) BSSM
2) Utena
3) Shamanic Princess
4) Ranma 1/2
5) Princes Monanoke
6) Ah! My Goddess
7) Inu-Yasha
8) Magic Knight Rayearth
9) Cardcaptor Sakura
10)Sprited Away!
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

Vchan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Vchan » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:01 pm

Here goes.

1. Sailor Moon
2. Carcaptor Sakura
3. Marmalade Boy
4. Real Bout High School
5. Angelic Layer
6. Ruroni Kenshin
7. Kodomo no Omocha
8. Fruits Basket
9. Shinseki Evangelion
10. Magic Knight Rayearth
"Come on, you can do better than that!"- Famous last words.

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:53 pm

1. Noir
2. BSSM
3. Magic Knight Rayearth
4. Chobits
5. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
6. .Hack//Sign
7. Escaflowne the Movie
8. Fruits Basket
9. Kiki's Delivery Service
10. Tenchi Muyo

SegaKnuckles
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SegaKnuckles » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:09 pm

Here are some of my favorites

1.Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Perfect Blue
3. Kare Kano
4. FLCL
5. Akira
6. Serial Experiments Lain
7. Brother Dear Brother
8. Orange Road
9. Sonic X
10. Sailor Moon

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:59 pm

I'm counting them up pleas no one add any more or edit what you have put. You will be killed by my killer plushies * nods head*

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

pookiepothead
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by pookiepothead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:48 am

Jeez it looks like everyone here watches cartoon network or something. I don't see very many people mention truly good animation. I saw some select few Hellsing's and Trigun's. I give credit to people who have seen Grave of the Fireflies(even though the damned thing is depressing as all hell).

LilEva
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by LilEva » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:11 am

1. Sailor Moon
2. Tenchi Muyo
3. Ranma 1/2
4. Naruto
5. Dirty Pair
6. Spirited Away
7. Princess Mononoke
8. Little Nemo
9. Laputa: Castle in the Sky
10. My Neighbor Totoro

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:06 pm

pookiepothead wrote:Jeez it looks like everyone here watches cartoon network or something. I don't see very many people mention truly good animation. I saw some select few Hellsing's and Trigun's. I give credit to people who have seen Grave of the Fireflies(even though the damned thing is depressing as all hell).
Whether or not it has been on CN doesn't determine if it was "good" anime. Even Trigun has been on CN, which I thought was just okay.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:15 pm

pookiepothead wrote:Jeez it looks like everyone here watches cartoon network or something. I don't see very many people mention truly good animation. I saw some select few Hellsing's and Trigun's. I give credit to people who have seen Grave of the Fireflies(even though the damned thing is depressing as all hell).
Thier is no need to be rude. People watch what they can, however they can. And please, read over everything before you make these types of assumptions. Only 3 out of 10 of the animes I listed were mainstream. 4 if you still count Sailormoon as mainstream.
Also, it's one's own prefernce to determine whether or not an anime is "Truely good". Some people may adore "Anime A" while others think it's mediocre.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:25 pm

1. Fruits Basket
2. Full Moon wo Sagashite
3. Bishojou Senshi Sailormoon
4. Pokemon (Kanto League ONLY)
5. Cowboy Bebop
6. Dragon Ball (not Z, and especially not GT)
7. Magical Project S (aka Pretty Sammy TV)
8. Excel Saga
9. Cardcaptor Sakura
10. Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:02 pm

Em asked us not to add or edit anymore. He [you are a guy, right?] was counting them up. I'm not sure why he didn't post the results as stated . ^^;; Probaby too busy.

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:25 am

These are based on what I've seen already:

1. Tenchi Muyo! (including its spinoffs, and yes, Shin Tenchi was better than Tenchi Universe)

2. Macross (the original version, not that Robotech hack job)

3. Hand Maid May

4. I My Me! Strawberry Eggs

5. Outlaw Star

6. Pokemon (before the later seasons were hacked to bits by 4Kids; now it's sub all the way!)

7. Gundam Wing

8. Moldiver (easily one of the most underrated anime series!)

9. Ronin Warriors

10. The Slayers
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:15 am

Tempest wrote:Em asked us not to add or edit anymore. He [you are a guy, right?] was counting them up. I'm not sure why he didn't post the results as stated . ^^;; Probaby too busy.
Not unless you know soemthing I don't ( is female)
what happend was that my computer crashed over the hoildays loseing the results that I had then mum went ill and I had to travle to see her every blooming day @@

and I'm going to be tied down with collagew work until febuary sorry about that you guy's can add more if you wish *sheepish grin* don't hurt me and I'm so sorry I do plan on the resluts honset

"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:56 pm

*puts into gender logs*

I figured that you had your reasons for not doing it, but I still had to uphold your post! My comment respectfully retracted.

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:37 pm

Yes I KNOW this topic is OLD =P I just feel like posting my top ten at the moment:

1. Revolutionary Girl Utena
2. Project A-ko
3. Spirited Away
4. Sailor Moon
5. Princess Mononoke
6. Pita-ten
7. Fruits Basket
8. Slayers (Pushing it...)
9. Excel Saga (Meh...)
10. Yuyu Hakusho (Only slightly, but I haven't seen that much anime anyway. =P )
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.