InuYasha

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

InuYasha

Post by Sailor X » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:18 am

I'm pretty sure you know I had to do this too. It's just fanboy obligation.

Well? DISCUSS IY OR I'LL KILL YOU!

Stephen Victor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Re: InuYasha

Post by Stephen Victor » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:55 pm

I've only seen a few episodes of the anime. I plan on watching it but it might be kind of hard to follow since I haven't really been watching it from the beginning. I also have two graphic novels of the manga which I like. I remember really liking Inuyasha and Kagome and thinking that their relationship was cute.

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:50 pm

I like this anime! The only problem is that I only have access to the dub. :( And since there are just so many episodes out there, it will take me lots of money to get them all. So...for now I will be sticking to the dub no matter how bad it is. Actually, who knows how long I will be doing that because they keep on showing a certain amount of new episodes and then stop for reruns. So annoying. :?

But it's a great anime! My favorite character is Sango and Miroku.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:34 pm

All I've seen is the dub on Adult Swim and it has really interested me in seeing the original. I'd like to buy the DVD's but there pretty damn expensive for my budget (practically nothing) considering that there are only three episodes (I think) on each DVD. I'll have to wait until I accumulate quite a bit more cash before I can get my hands on them. *sigh* -_-
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:37 pm

I love Inuyasha. My favorite character is Kagome. I too have (unfortunately) only seen the dub, but I don't have the low opinion of it that most do. The voices don't bother me at all.

FoxFire
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by FoxFire » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:04 am

Like most people who have responded I've mostly only seen the Adult Swim version of InuYasha (I saw the first two episodes fansubbed at an anime club a while back but that's it) but I've still grown to love it. From what I can tell it's a pretty good dub, and I like that they have some of the same voice actors from Ranma dub because that's my favorite dub. My favorite character would have to be Sango...there's just something about her!
Fox

"You''ll regret being so damn abusive when the electric UFO gods transphase in from Dimension 10 to appoint me Manager of the Universe."
--The Drummer

"We share a culture, same vernacular/Love of physical humor and time spent alone
You with your penchant for spontaneous advents/For sticky unrests to be unearthed and then gone"
--Alanis Morissette

Luchia Nanami
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Luchia Nanami » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:13 am

I can stand only to watch new episode of it.

Otherwise.. :cry: It's awfulness brings me to tears.

The series started out good but once it was past the Sango intro arc...it died.

Flashbacks!
Characters pointing out things that just happened!
Someone always having to explain what's going on as if we haven't watched the rest of the series!
Inuyasha and Kagome breaking up FOREVER, for a few episodes.

blech.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:44 am

Oh, but there-in lies the beauty! You can't expect a show about a girl going back in history via a well to be completely logical, now can you?

shansen
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by shansen » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:05 am

I've only ever seen one episode of the dub, but I've seen up to #124 fansubbed. I really enjoy this series ... it can get somewhat repetitive, but I really like the characters and the entire story.

I've also seen the first two movies (fansubbed) ... both were really good. The animation is different than it is for the series (so the characters look a little different), but the stories are really good. The second one was excellent ...

[spoiler]Inuyasha and Kagome do finally kiss![/spoiler] (Last time I posted this, I was told it was fairly common knowledge and didn't need to be in spoiler code, but judging by the previous replies this might be new to people).

Anyway, the Japanese site lists up to November 10th, when episode 132 will air. On December 20th, the third movie will open in theatres in Japan.

FoxFire
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by FoxFire » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:31 am

Luchia Nanami wrote: Inuyasha and Kagome breaking up FOREVER, for a few episodes.

blech.
I still love InuYasha, but this is the one thing that really annoys me about sometimes. Does Kagome have to run off back to her own time every few episodes only to come back? They really need to do something with Kikyo too.
Fox

"You''ll regret being so damn abusive when the electric UFO gods transphase in from Dimension 10 to appoint me Manager of the Universe."
--The Drummer

"We share a culture, same vernacular/Love of physical humor and time spent alone
You with your penchant for spontaneous advents/For sticky unrests to be unearthed and then gone"
--Alanis Morissette

Luchia Nanami
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Luchia Nanami » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:24 am

FoxFire wrote:They really need to do something with Kikyo too.
Yeah.

Kill her.

FoxFire
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by FoxFire » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:32 pm

Luchia Nanami wrote:
Yeah.

Kill her.
As long as that ends the episodes where InuYasha talks to Kikyo and realizes he's still in love with her and Kagome witnesses and either refuses to speak to InuYasha and/or runs back to her own time, I wouldn't mind this at all.
Fox

--The Drummer

--Alanis Morissette

RyoRei0110
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RyoRei0110 » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:11 pm

Luchia Nanami wrote:
Yeah.

Kill her.
Ah.. you can't help feeling sorry for her though. But I agree, she's annoying. I want her gone, but not in a way that'll make Inuyasha depressed for the rest of the series and feel even more in Kikyo's debt (not to mention 20 times an episode worth of the flashback of her demise)
::cries:: Its been forver!! And this place has changed... oh how I''ve missed it all ::hugs::

Yamato-san
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Yamato-san » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:32 pm

actually, I kinda like Kikyou over Kagome. I see Kagome as something as a bitch alot of times, and she has many other guys she can be paired with (Kouga, or Houji or whoever the boy is she keeps sticking up in the present), while Kikyou is the more polite previous incarnation of Kagome. She only acts the way she does because she obviously built up an insanity after seeing her lover kill her, then staying dead for 500 years until she's reincarnated, and she's expected to easily accept that it was Inuyasha's shapeshifting doppelganger the whole time? Yeah, right. And about her attempts to kill Inuyasha, she wants her lover to go to the afterlife with her, and I find that no different from someone committing suicide to be with their dead lover (which happens alot). While I would like Inuyasha to live since he's such a kickass character, who knows, maybe the Shikon no Tama could ressurect her and she wouldn't be forced into the afterlife, or something like that.

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:48 pm

I haven't really seen the anime of Inu Yasha. Although everyone keeps saying how good it is. :cry: parents and their refusal to get extended cable. I have however been keeping up with the manga version and absolutely love it. Those Kagome and Inu Yasha cute moments are just my favorite. Kikyou....I don't wish her dead so much as I wish she would stop wanting to kill Inu Yasha and go find another hobby. either that or a villian support group for those who are reforming.

I can't wait for the next issue!

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:13 pm

I like Inuyasha, but it's getting so long...I'm started to dislike it...

Also...I want new episodes! I want to see Inuyasha and Kagome's cuddly moments in 85! Now only that...but I want to Kagome throwing stuff at naked Inuyasha!

Yes I said 'naked' ;)

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:38 pm

What's wrong with the IY dub? I think it's pretty darn good...

And I think more episodes will air next year, possibly a lot of them.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:00 am

Dinozore wrote:What's wrong with the IY dub? I think it's pretty darn good...

And I think more episodes will air next year, possibly a lot of them.
I haven't seen much Inu Yasha, but all it took was one dubbed episode to make me cringe at the pronunciation of the names. especially's Kagome's.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:14 am

Does the constant mispronunciation of English in the Japanese language (including anime) bother you too, then? They're both the same thing to me, and neither really bothers me.

I keep running into people online who speak of the IY dub like it's the Yu-gi-oh dub, and it doesn't deserve that.

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:15 am

I love this anime! Kagome is my favorite character! I can't stand Kikyo though, her anger is annoying. The flashbacks don't bother me at all because I understand that alot of fans who are just getting into this show appreciate it since it's shown weekly in Japan with no reruns.
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)