InuYasha

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Locked
User avatar
Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:37 am
Location: Canada...But Home Is Nowhere
Contact:

Question

Post by Tyra » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:17 am

Is Naraku the only big villan of the entire show? or will there be another villan?

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:16 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Question

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:52 am

Tyra wrote:Is Naraku the only big villan of the entire show? or will there be another villan?
There are other lesser demons who play villianous points at various points in the series, but Naraku is still the main villian overall.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Vagabond
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:42 pm

Post by Vagabond » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:46 pm

I heard in the 3rd Inuyasha movie Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha both fight for a sword called "Souunga." Does anybody know what that name translates into? Who's the main villain in the movie?
If you just see the leaf, you'll miss the tree;
If you just see the tree, you'll miss the forest;
To see everything, effortlessly, that is what it means to truly see.

User avatar
Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:37 am
Location: Canada...But Home Is Nowhere
Contact:

Re: Question

Post by Tyra » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:44 pm

Neo Dead Moon wrote:
Tyra wrote:Is Naraku the only big villan of the entire show? or will there be another villan?
There are other lesser demons who play villianous points at various points in the series, but Naraku is still the main villian overall.
Thanx for the info.:)

User avatar
Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:37 am
Location: Canada...But Home Is Nowhere
Contact:

Post by Tyra » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:47 am

Well with 2 episodes per week here in Canada, we're still way behind we're only at episode #39 & 40 this week. *sighs* I'll miss Fukai Mori, I've downloaded the song but still, I won't hear it anymore as the ending theme. I've heard all of the openning & ending themes & I like them all but Fukai Mori is my favorite. What are you guys' favorite theme songs?

shansen
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:22 am
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post by shansen » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:44 am

Tyra wrote:Well with 2 episodes per week here in Canada, we're still way behind we're only at episode #39 & 40 this week. *sighs* I'll miss Fukai Mori, I've downloaded the song but still, I won't hear it anymore as the ending theme. I've heard all of the openning & ending themes & I like them all but Fukai Mori is my favorite. What are you guys' favorite theme songs?
My favourites are:

OP - Change the World. It's a nice upbeat song. I don't really like the second or third ones (I Am and Owarinai Yume, respectively), but Grip! is OK. I haven't heard the 5th one, One Day One Dream, enough to decide.

ED - My Will. It has a really nice melody + also very good harmony. #2 - #4 (Fukai Mori, Dearest and Every Heart) are also very good. Shinjitsu no Uta and Itazura na Kiss are OK, but not great. I really dislike Come. It's really slow, and annoys me a lot. Dearest is slow, too, but I prefer it much more.

Anyway ... will Inuyasha ever end? On March 8th in Japan, episode #145 is going to air. A friend of mine suggested 200+ episodes ... maybe even 250+. Yikes. I've talked to another friend who has been following the manga translations online, and it appears as though it's not showing any signs of stopping soon, either.

User avatar
Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:04 am
Location: The place where it shines...

Post by Sailor X » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:22 pm

shansen wrote:Anyway ... will Inuyasha ever end? On March 8th in Japan, episode #145 is going to air. A friend of mine suggested 200+ episodes ... maybe even 250+. Yikes. I've talked to another friend who has been following the manga translations online, and it appears as though it's not showing any signs of stopping soon, either.
*jumps around like a kangaroo on crack* I hope not.
That avatar is a self portrait. Really. Really. No matter how much it looks like D'Angelo, that's me. .... Oh, just shut up.

"Man, I am like obsessed with this show...could anyone have made a worse tv program if they set out to? The best part is, it was my grandma's FAVORITE show. We put her in a home shortly after she made that comment."
Jump the Shark comment on "Small Wonder"

User avatar
Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:37 am
Location: Canada...But Home Is Nowhere
Contact:

Post by Tyra » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:34 pm

shansen wrote: My favourites are:

OP - Change the World. It's a nice upbeat song. I don't really like the second or third ones (I Am and Owarinai Yume, respectively), but Grip! is OK. I haven't heard the 5th one, One Day One Dream, enough to decide.

ED - My Will. It has a really nice melody + also very good harmony. #2 - #4 (Fukai Mori, Dearest and Every Heart) are also very good. Shinjitsu no Uta and Itazura na Kiss are OK, but not great. I really dislike Come. It's really slow, and annoys me a lot. Dearest is slow, too, but I prefer it much more.

Anyway ... will Inuyasha ever end? On March 8th in Japan, episode #145 is going to air. A friend of mine suggested 200+ episodes ... maybe even 250+. Yikes. I've talked to another friend who has been following the manga translations online, and it appears as though it's not showing any signs of stopping soon, either.
You can hear One Day One Dream here: http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/4souls_ ... /mp3s.html. I think it's a pretty good song.:)


Hehe & I'm like Sailor X, let's hope it won't end lol. :lol:

User avatar
Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: The Northeast, way south of Maine

Post by Miyamoto » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:34 am

If you guys wanna get ahold of the Inuyasha fansubs you can get them in one of many places: In order to get the earlier eps (which are now licensed) you'll need to use p2p programs such as DC++ or KaZaA(lite). For the more recent eps you can use mIRC or Bit Torrent. A good torrent site for the latest IY releases is http://www.saiyaman.info/bt . Another site is http://www.anime-kraze.net. You'll need to have a broadband connection to the net to get these properly. If you're a DC++ person please give my hub a visit at darwinanime.no-ip.com:1984 (No Tiff I'm not trying to promote my hub really, I'm just mentioning it. I don't want this thread to be closed because of that).

Anywho, the latest ep that's been subbed (by Saiyaman) is ep 142. It's getting good and I hate when they end the ep at the good parts aka at a cliff hanger. :evil:

I'm anxiously awaiting ep 143 (the raw is out it's just a matter of Saiyaman subbing it.)

P.S. YAY for my 100th POST!!
Supah Mario ownz j00 f00!!

http://we.is-a-geek.org/~ShiggyMiyamoto ... maller.jpg

If you''d like to send me a message please use [email protected]. Thnx.

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<aznwaterboy> how did xbox kill a cat
<SMiyamoto> LOL
<Raxc> XBox fell on the cat''s back.

User avatar
Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: Indiana

Post by Anthy » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:53 pm

P.S. YAY for my 100th POST!!
Do that again and I swear I'll bite your head off.


Anyway, I consider IY to be terribly overrated. It's just basically a rehash of all of Rumiko Takahashi's tired cliches that she uses in just about every popular work she writes, only they're put in a different setting. It's cute, sure, but it's not terribly original or compelling... just a new sidestory and complication every 10 episodes. It doesn't have any real theme or point. It's just there to make more episodes.

Oh, and InuYasha's cosplayed way too damn much. There's my two cents.
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:30 pm

Anthy wrote: It doesn't have any real theme or point. It's just there to make more episodes.

Oh, and InuYasha's cosplayed way too damn much. There's my two cents.
I often wondered what the point was as well. All I get from it is some annoying girl who can't make up her mind as to whether she likes demon-dog-boy or not, and the annoying demon-dog-boy who wants some ancient artifact and probably has about 10 different women who want him, but he's faced with the huge problem of picking one.

And yes, I agree about the cosplay. And it's almost always BAD cosplay. LOOK AT ME! I HAVE BLACK HAIR AND A GREEN SKIRT! I'M KAGOME! =D

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:17 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:00 pm

Yes, the problem with Inu Yasha is that it should end already!

I like the series but i haven't been following it too much recently. It seems to be getting dragged out from what I HAVE seen.

And I like Kikyo and I kinda feel sorry for her. On the other hand I find Kagome rather annoying. I also agree with whoever said way back that Kikyo is more beautiful.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

User avatar
Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:26 pm
Location: VA

Post by Usagi04 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:09 pm

I hope Inuyasha keeps on airing for a while longer. It's such a good series, in my opinion. :wink:
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

User avatar
Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:37 am
Location: Canada...But Home Is Nowhere
Contact:

Post by Tyra » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:25 pm

*sighs* It's the end of the season pretty soon. I'll miss Inuyasha all summer & I'll probably watch all the re-runs. :D

User avatar
MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 1640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:07 am
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Contact:

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:38 pm

Next season starts airing in April I believe, so plenty of new episodes before summer.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08


This list seems to keep on growing. =(

User avatar
Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:37 am
Location: Canada...But Home Is Nowhere
Contact:

Post by Tyra » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:35 pm

MarioKnight wrote:Next season starts airing in April I believe, so plenty of new episodes before summer.
Oh really? That's cool. But up here I believe the season ends in April.:(

Anyway what was the last new episode shown down there?
Last edited by Tyra on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: In the trees

Post by Dinozore » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:16 pm

Tyra wrote:
MarioKnight wrote:Next season starts airing in April I believe, so plenty of new episodes before summer.
Oh really? That's cool. But up here I believe the sean ends in April.:(

Anyway what was the last new episode shown down there?
The last new episode was [spoiler]the one where Inuyasha goes full-demon, kills Gatenmaru (the most pathetic-looking moth ever), and then Sesshomaru shows up and they fight. Sesshomaru beats up Inuyasha and then leaves.[/spoiler]

And my favorite character finally made her anime debut. And man, she's even hotter animated...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

User avatar
Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:37 am
Location: Canada...But Home Is Nowhere
Contact:

Post by Tyra » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:45 am

Well the season will end on that too. Hmm I guess we're 1 season behind you guys. *sighs*

User avatar
Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: The Northeast, way south of Maine

Post by Miyamoto » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:05 am

lol I love it when Kagome is pissed at IY and she tells him to OSUWARI! (which means sit). I laugh my @$$ off each time I see that happen. I love it. It's the funniest when she tells him to do it multiple times lol
Supah Mario ownz j00 f00!!

http://we.is-a-geek.org/~ShiggyMiyamoto ... maller.jpg

If you''d like to send me a message please use [email protected]. Thnx.

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<aznwaterboy> how did xbox kill a cat
<SMiyamoto> LOL
<Raxc> XBox fell on the cat''s back.

User avatar
Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:26 pm
Location: VA

Post by Usagi04 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:15 pm

Miyamoto wrote:lol I love it when Kagome is pissed at IY and she tells him to OSUWARI! (which means sit). I laugh my @$$ off each time I see that happen. I love it. It's the funniest when she tells him to do it multiple times lol
Yeah, like in the first movie where they have the pinic, where Inuyasha didn't like Kagome's cooking. :lol:
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Locked