InuYasha

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Miyamoto » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:21 pm

Usagi04 wrote:
Miyamoto wrote:lol I love it when Kagome is pissed at IY and she tells him to OSUWARI! (which means sit). I laugh my @$$ off each time I see that happen. I love it. It's the funniest when she tells him to do it multiple times lol
Yeah, like in the first movie where they have the pinic, where Inuyasha didn't like Kagome's cooking. :lol:
LOL yep I remember that. I sure hope the third movie comes out soon...
Supah Mario ownz j00 f00!!

http://we.is-a-geek.org/~ShiggyMiyamoto ... maller.jpg

If you''d like to send me a message please use [email protected]. Thnx.

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<aznwaterboy> how did xbox kill a cat
<SMiyamoto> LOL
<Raxc> XBox fell on the cat''s back.

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:04 am

*sighs* so everyweek I just watch the re-runs, I wonder when new episodes will come back, I hate it they never say when. They can just say like "season finale" like the prime time tv shows, it's not 'cos it's an anime that they can't tell us when the season finale is...

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:07 am

Tyra wrote:*sighs* so everyweek I just watch the re-runs, I wonder when new episodes will come back, I hate it they never say when. They can just say like "season finale" like the prime time tv shows, it's not 'cos it's an anime that they can't tell us when the season finale is...
Umm, they've been advertising that bew episodes are starting tonight for close to a month now, so you can't say they never say when as they always have advertised when they were. As for "season finales," Inuyash really doesn't have set seasons to do something like that with. It just keeps on going and going, never stopping for a break of some sort, at least in Japan there's no real breaks. The only way you might be able to determine seasons is the changing of the OP and ED, and even those don't really tell us when excat seasons are, since there pretty much are none. I don't really see what the problem is, AS runs through what they have, then adds a bunch of new episodes when they get them and advertise them, and will keep doing the cycle until the series ends, where it will get at least a few full runs. The show is made in Japan, not here, so episodes aren't going to come out at the same pace or faster since Viz and AS can only pick up various amounts of episodes at various times. Be happy it's here at all, and if you really need to know when a batch of episodes will end, use the Internet to find out, there's plenty of people who keep track of such info that you want.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:35 am

well YTV doesn't actually advertise their shows, they just say once in awhile like a certain show is on, on a certain time. Anyway I'll keep waiting.....

I know the show just go on with not really any breaks in Japan but I don't know it would've been cool for YTV to tell us when they are taking breaks.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:51 am

I have a question about Jaken

[spoiler]I was flipping through a Inuyasha manga, and at the end it showed Jaken getting sliced in half. Is he dead?[/spoiler]

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:48 pm

I'm assuming you mean when Kaijinbo cuts him in half, so no. Sesshomaru comes to see if his sword is ready, and uses the Tenseiga to revive Jaken (or half of him anyway). He then tells Jaken to "pull yourself together" (^_^;; iirc, the fansub translates his line almost exactly like that too) and the next you see Jaken he's in one piece again.
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:20 pm

Ah good...

I really like Jaken ^^;;

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:29 pm

Not me. I think Jaken is incredibly annoying and Sesshomaru should have left him dead. By the way, Inuyasha is forecast to end its run in Japan by September or October, according to someone on another Forum I am part of, who I think got it from the people that make Inuyasha in Japan.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:47 pm

Yea..most people hate Jaken...

But I don't! :D

Love that lil' guy

I saw a UFO catcher of him at Suncoast the other day. And I am determinded to get it!

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:41 pm

will the anime or the manga be ending, also what episode/chapter will be the last? i was actually expecting jaken to be like myouga and kagome-characters that are only annoying in the dub, but no! he's still freakin' annoying!
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Miyamoto » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:50 pm

yamijounouchi wrote:will the anime or the manga be ending, also what episode/chapter will be the last?
Heh. There are rumors going around that this September in Japan they're gonna end it. I highly doubt that's true because the manga is still being published as far as I know. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<SMiyamoto> LOL

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:52 pm

That rumor has already been proven wrong by word from Sunrise themselves. The InuYasha anime will still be continuing past September until at least March 2005, beyond that isn't determined.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP

Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Miyamoto » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:54 pm

MarioKnight wrote:That rumor has already been proven wrong by word from Sunrise themselves. The InuYasha anime will still be continuing past September until at least March 2005, beyond that isn't determined.
Okay. Cool. That's good to know. Thanks for letting us know Dan. ^^

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<SMiyamoto> LOL

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:30 pm

Yes, Arigato, Dan-san.

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Viz to release InuYasha movies

Post by sailor53 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:20 pm

According to animeondvd.com Viz will be releasing the first two InuYasha movies this year.
While it won't come as a surprise and there hasn't been any truly formal announcement, forum poster 'tcov' has passed along some information found in the latest issue of Animerica that indicates that, "a DVD release of the first Inu Yasha movie this summer, then a DVD release of the second movie later this year." There's been various talk around certain dubbing journals and sites about the work on a "mysterious but obvious" feature film that's been worked on in the dubbing studios lately up in Canada by the Viz folks, so hopefully we'll hear something more formal soon, but probably not until we're closer to Anime Expo knowing the short publicity windows that Viz seems to prefer.
Remember, every downhill has its uphill.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:54 pm

sailor53: I merged your topic into this one since it already deals with Inuyasha in all its forms.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

shansen
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by shansen » Sat May 01, 2004 11:28 pm

MarioKnight wrote:That rumor has already been proven wrong by word from Sunrise themselves. The InuYasha anime will still be continuing past September until at least March 2005, beyond that isn't determined.
It actually might be true after all ... TV Tome's Inuyasha site - http://www.tvtome.com/Inuyasha/ - seems to think so.

http://inuyasha-info.virtue.nu/ also seems to confirm this.
(From inuyasha-info.virtue.nu/qa.html)
Either SUNRISE nor Yomiuri TV has not yet announced it officially, but one of the main animators related to InuYasha also wrote on the 30th of April that he or she got the scenario of the last but one episode (the webmaster will not write its URL because the notation was deleted soon), so that it is true that Anime InuYasha ends this September.
On a quick side-note, Inuyasha is now on its 8th ending theme, "Brand-New World" by V6 (I'm guessing it's the same V6 that did the first OP, "Change the World".)

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun May 02, 2004 7:58 pm

Not to seem like a dick or completely dismissing that post, but I tend to believe the company themselves rather than fansites or other people who get various info jumbled up and make incorrect assumptions. I don't know the situations between various people/groups/etc of whoever does what with what in making stuff, nor will I pretend to. But if I see rumors pop up and see that a company sees this and makes an announcement to kill it off, I would think that the company has more of an idea of what they are producing. Sunrise has stated that InuYasha will NOT be ending in September. If there's shifts in animators or whatnot, I don't know, but Sunrise seems to have things planned to be able to continue InuYasha through at least March. When they say otherwise, then I'll believe what they say, but they're saying it's not, so why should I believe fansites or other parties over the company in charge of every aspect of it?

(watch this come bite me in the ass as I go througn my rounds, but I hope the general point came across)
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sun May 02, 2004 9:03 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Dan on this one. Both TV Tome and http://inuyasha-info.virtue.nu/ link solely to "reliable" fansites for this information, and only mention in passing that "It's Official" that Inuyasha will end this September. I'm not saying that it definitely WILL continue on past the fall, but it seems a bit too convenient that neither site wants to/"can" show any links or URLs that lead to such "Official" information. I want to wait and see a direct press release before jumping to any conclusions.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Miyamoto » Sun May 02, 2004 9:10 pm

Yeah I agree with both Dave (Starscream) and Dan. I've learned not to believe such things without proof.

OK back on the real topic:

Who here has seen IY episodes 147-149? 147-148 is a two part episode which sort of acts as an extended episode one in a way (I won't say anything else about it to spoil it) and 149 is a solo ep that picks up where ep 146 left off. I think it's awesome and I have some guesses as to what's gonna happen next. I saw 147-148 raw and subbed and I saw 149 raw only so far. I'm waiting for 149 subbed and 150 raw, which airs later today in Japan. I'm really looking forward to it.

Comments? Questions?

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<SMiyamoto> LOL