If DiC dubbed ALL of Sailor Moon

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

#1SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by #1SailorMoonFan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:40 pm

When did I say voices was all that mattered???
Last edited by #1SailorMoonFan on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:42 pm

#1SailorMoonFan wrote:When did I say voices was all that mattered?? :?:
Nobody ever said you said that. We're responding to your exact words here:
Yes, the S season and the movies would have seriously been edited, but so what? The voice acting would have been perfect and it would have been very consistent
You're basically saying, "It doesn't matter if the shows and the movies are edited, chopped up, and changed, so long as the voices are good". And that's what we're responding to. Starscream and I think that good plot/character development, and accurate and consistant storylines are more important.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

#1SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by #1SailorMoonFan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:47 pm

Ohhhhhhhh! I didn't mean it like that. I was trying to show how bad Cloverway's voice actors were.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri May 12, 2006 5:03 pm

as horrifying as this topic is and as much as I hate DiC I have to admit if it wasnt for their release of the first 2 seasons of sailormoon I wouldnt be on the message board or have all this anime stuff.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri May 12, 2006 8:42 pm

#1SailorMoonFan wrote:Ohhhhhhhh! I didn't mean it like that. I was trying to show how bad Cloverway's voice actors were.
And Dic's VAs were perfect too since when....?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sat May 13, 2006 4:24 pm

Haruka name would have been changed to Corrine

Michiru would have been named Narrissa

Setsuna would have been named Ceilia

(I kind of like those names better than the ones Cloverway chose)

Hotaru would have been named Helen

Sailor Moon's Moon Spiral Heart attack would have been renamed Moon spiral heart elimination or activation.

Deep Submerge would have been changed to Neptune wave submerge!

World Shaking would have been renamed Uranus World strike(ok I gave up with that one)

Dead scream would have been called Pluto whisper attack! (and it would have been screamed loudly)

Death busters would have been renamed Doom busters

Narrissa and Ceilia would have been made out to be total valley girls saying things like "Wicked cool!" and other random really bad slang.

Narrissa and Corrine would have either been made sisters, cousins, or Corrine would be a boy that transforms into a girl.

Corrine would be a tomboy and would talk like a surfer dude, (kind of like Chad)

The Messiah would be called "the chosen one"

The sacred cup would be called the crystal chalise

Ai no senshi in the birthday episode would be replaced with She's got the Power or the power of love.

Sailor Saturn would "seal Pharoh 90 back into the Negaverse"

More awful insults would come out of the villians mouth like "Sailor Trash" and "Sailor Slime"

Pink sugar heart attack would be called "Moon pink sugar magic!"

The girls would be getting a head start on studying for the SAT/ACT instead of studying for High School entrance exams. Or they would be studying for very hard finals.

Pluto would simply just be going back to the time gates

tailsmans would be called power crystals

artemis_is_my_dawg
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by artemis_is_my_dawg » Tue May 30, 2006 3:38 pm

I think if Dic dubbed S it would would Professor Evil trying to take over the world and had to find "Heart Energy Capsules" to gain strength.

Sailor Hoth
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor Hoth » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:38 am

Season 3: Sailor Uranus and Neptune would be Sasha and Michelle les Bien, respectively. Sasha would be the older, tomboyish sister, and Michelle would be the younger, ladylike sister.

Sailor Pluto would be Sharon Plutonium.

Death busters would be the Heart Snatchers. I think they would keep the Witches 5. Professor Tomoe would be Professor Darkheart, with his daughter, Hamtara Darkheart.

Hamtara's evil self would be Dark Queen. Pharoah 90 would just be "The Darkness", a dark force with no personality.

Season 4: Dead Moon Circus would be Dark Moon Circus. Zirconia would be an old hag, just like the Japanese version, and be voiced by the same lady who did Queen Beryl. Queen Nehelenia, would be Queen Catterina.

Helios would be Hellios from Illusion. Pegasus would be Swift Wind. Hellios and Swift Wind's VA would be a woman doing a young boy's voice. All references to his huge horse @#$% would be changed to something less offensive and silly in the dubbed dialogue.*

The Amazon Trio would be the Dark Moon Trio. Tiger's Eye would be Tigor, Fish Eye would be Fishee, and Hawks Eye would be Hawk. The Amazon Quartet would be the Dark Moon Quartet: Prettina, Beautifulla, Etherealla, and Gorgeousa.

Season 5: The Three Lights and the Sailor Starlights would be the same sex, female. The girl band would consist of Victoria (Star Maker), Jessi (Star Fighter) and Fifi (Star Healer).

No one would get killed, but changed into Sailor Galaxia's ornaments, ala Return to Oz.

All glimpes of Serena naked would be changed to closeups of her from the top of chest up.

*Just kidding!

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:11 am

Rin wrote:World Shaking would have been renamed Uranus World strike(ok I gave up with that one)
I got a hilarious vision of Uranus bowling over the youma with a gigantic bowling ball as I read that. xD;
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:45 pm

Neon Heart wrote:
Rin wrote:World Shaking would have been renamed Uranus World strike(ok I gave up with that one)
I got a hilarious vision of Uranus bowling over the youma with a gigantic bowling ball as I read that. xD;
That fits, since I always thought that it kind of looked like she was bowling when she does the attack. I've even said it when bowling.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:51 pm

There would be a whole bunch of "Uranus" jokes and puns.

::Poor Haruka::
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:25 pm

maybe we should extend the scope of this topic to what if DiC dubbed all anime?
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:28 pm

If DiC dubbed ALL anime, then the world would end as we know it. I can't even begin to imagine how DiC would handle Dragon Ball Z... They probably wouldn't even translate it, or everyother episode would be skipped, or five seperate episodes would become one regular episode. =/
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:41 pm

DiC dubbed DBZ lets see???

Majin Buu: Im going to teleport you to a candy store and have the candy there teleport to where you are now!

How about Yu Gi Oh?

The rare hunters would be called the deul monster cheaters club.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:57 pm

Neon Heart wrote:If DiC dubbed ALL anime, then the world would end as we know it. I can't even begin to imagine how DiC would handle Dragon Ball Z... They probably wouldn't even translate it, or everyother episode would be skipped, or five seperate episodes would become one regular episode. =/
*snort* xD
Then the final "7 minute" battle on Namek would have only last 3 days rather than 20.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:03 pm

*smacks everyone with the on-topic stick*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:35 pm

Ow..
Rin wrote:Haruka name would have been changed to Corrine

Michiru would have been named Narrissa

Setsuna would have been named Ceilia

(I kind of like those names better than the ones Cloverway chose)
I'm not much of a fan of Amara, but I don't think Corrine suited her any better. I do agree with Ceilia, though. I liked Susan, but Ceilian would have been much better, in my opinion.

Rin wrote: World Shaking would have been renamed Uranus World strike(ok I gave up with that one)

Narrissa and Corrine would have either been made sisters, cousins, or Corrine would be a boy that transforms into a girl.
They probably would have kept it World Shaking. Scraping the bottom of the barrel I could see World Smasher/Smashing.

I half expected the gender switching when I very first heard about the S dub but I knew they had to save that trick for Sailor Stars in the slim chance of it being dubbed.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:53 pm

Neon Heart wrote:I can't even begin to imagine how DiC would handle Dragon Ball Z...
About the same way their contemporary, Saban, did?
Tempest wrote:*snort* xD
Then the final "7 minute" battle on Namek would have only last 3 days rather than 20.
Wait, wouldn't that be a good thing? The Freiza battle dragged like hell...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

What if DIC dubbed S and SuperS???

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:04 pm

What would S and SuperS be like if DIC dubbed them instead of Cloverway?

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:53 pm

It would probably be edited a lot with a lot of the story changed. Mainly in the S arc, where you have Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neputnes relationship to cover up. All of the religious references in the S arc would probably be re wrote as well. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~