Scariest Battle

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Scariest Battle

Post by Sailor Moon » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:24 pm

I think the scariest battle in Sailor Moon would be the first battle ever in episode one. First of all, Morga is scary. I'm still scaredof Morga. The hair, the face, the eyes, the body. It's the first battle and I felt so scared. My heart was beating really fast. Morga was very scary. Having to fight it is scary, especially when it's your first battle. It was very dark in the jewerly shop too. Very dark. The youma, has a face which changes shape. It's head turns around, it's arms extend, and having to fight it, must truely be a terrifying experience. I remember I felt like I was fighting it. Morga was a frightenning youma and creature, and that battle was so scary. I think that out of all the battles, the battle with Moruga in episode 1 was the scariest. Which battle did you find the scariest?
Last edited by Sailor Moon on Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Usagi and Mamoru are my favorite couple ever. Usagi and Mamoru forever!

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:45 pm

A couple spring to mind:

1. Jadeite vs Sailor Moon in that "Talk Show" episode. It wasn't scary so much as terrifying, because Sailor Moon was up against someone who was MUCH stronger than she was; the look on her face as Jadeite, practically invincible, strolls up to her is one of absolute terror. She doesn't have any other resources to rely on, and truely feels that she might be killed this time.

2. The "Dream Dolly". Damn, that thing was frightening. Something about how the animation changed when the "cute" doll's head changed into the "evil" one really sent chills down my spine.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:55 pm

I think the final battle with Galaxia was real scary...

[spoiler]Especially when she turns all dark and is just determined to stab Sailor Moon. Damn, if i was her at that moment, I know I would've been instantly killed.[/spoiler]

I just remembered another one. When Usagi fought against Nehelenia in the first half of the Stars.

[spoiler]She was thrown around, violently. Over and over and over. Then Nehelenia started choking her hard. And when Usagi looked at her with "those eyes", she was choked even harder[/spoiler]

Poor, poor Usagi :(
Last edited by Jonathan on Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:57 pm

Starscream wrote: 2. The "Dream Dolly". Damn, that thing was frightening. Something about how the animation changed when the "cute" doll's head changed into the "evil" one really sent chills down my spine.
*shudder* that thing scared the shit out of me, too. Even the dub lines where her voices gets all slow and creepy freaks me out.

Usagi's battle against Evil Endymion, when he picks her up by the throat, chokes her, and then THROWS her...she just looks heartbroken, frightened, and extremely traumatized all at once.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:57 pm

I think the one where Usagi goes to try out for a play or something, the one where the youma was hovering over the chairs and sprayed that blue sticky stuff out of her mouth. I forget most of the episode, but the memories of Usagi under the chairs trying to escape was chilling.
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:03 pm

You know, when you think about it, usagi's had some pretty damn traumatizing moments..even in the small battles. Imagine knowing something above you is about to kill you, and you're frantically crawling under chairs trying to escape...*shiver*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:23 am

Tiff wrote:You know, when you think about it, usagi's had some pretty damn traumatizing moments..even in the small battles. Imagine knowing something above you is about to kill you, and you're frantically crawling under chairs trying to escape...*shiver*
Yes, I absolutely hated that thing! :cry: It reminded me of Psycho because of how it attacks people in showers. But then again, they look like that because they're youma. I mean, the Chinese word for youma is "yiu maw" and it basically means any ghostly being or monster.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:46 am

Tiff wrote:Usagi's battle against Evil Endymion, when he picks her up by the throat, chokes her, and then THROWS her...she just looks heartbroken, frightened, and extremely traumatized all at once.
I knew I was forgetting one there...yes, this one must have been QUITE terrifying for Usagi, and seeing Mamoru/Endymion's lifeless eyes just attack her with no qualms at all...that's NOT a look you want to see when fighting anyone, especially someone you love.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor X » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:36 pm

Jonathan wrote:I just remembered another one. When Usagi fought against Nehelenia in the first half of the Stars.

[spoiler]She was thrown around, violently. Over and over and over. Then Nehelenia started choking her hard. And when Usagi looked at her with "those eyes", she was choked even harder[/spoiler]

Poor, poor Usagi :(
Yeah, I kinda used that one when thinking up the first final battle of my Sailor X fanfic. I'll put it in spoiler form because if I don't say something about it I'll scream and because it kinda spoils the ending if anyone plans on readibng the fic whenever it gets done. *rather off-topic coming up*

[spoiler]Sailor X, in battle with the enemy who has no name yet, falls and is picked up by the legs by the thing and whacked into large pillarspillars hard enough to break them. Somewhere in this horror, (maybe when the buliding they're in broken) her spine is broken. She ends up sprayed with her own blood, keeping herself alive with her own power, croaking, "I won't let myself die until you die," and holding off the enemy by crushing it with "X Sparkle Power!"[/spoiler]
That avatar is a self portrait. Really. Really. No matter how much it looks like D'Angelo, that's me. .... Oh, just shut up.

"Man, I am like obsessed with this show...could anyone have made a worse tv program if they set out to? The best part is, it was my grandma's FAVORITE show. We put her in a home shortly after she made that comment."
Jump the Shark comment on "Small Wonder"

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:08 pm

Um, Sailor X, this is about the actual TV show/manga, not your own stories.

And as for mine, I'd have a few...
1) I would agree about the Nehelenia one in SailorStars. Also the one at the end of SuperS because poor Chibi-Usa-sama gets thrown off of the cliff and it looks like she and her mommy might BOTH die together!
2) Odd, but the battle with Sailor Chef in SailorStars kind of scared me the first time I saw it. I was so sure that cake would be poisoned! :shock:
3) The part where Uranus and Neptune's talismans get taken is also scary...them both screaming and being shot by the arrows, Eudial nearly burning them all to death...if Pluto hadn't been there, they all would've died, certainly!

I may think of more later.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:13 pm

Sailor X, this is for scariest moments in Sailormoon. Please don't post anything from your original works.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:01 pm

Uranus and Neptune's death would've been more scary if the whole thing wasn't so bloodless. They both should have been soaked in blood after all those wounds they got...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:16 pm

-I agree with when Endyimion was beating Sailor Moon. And how she screamed when Endymion picked her up and choked her... it was pretty terrifying.

- And I also have to go with the Nehelenia arc in Stars when Nehelenia was beating Usagi up. Poor girl...

-The daimon eggs that became that jello-like mass in on of the last episodes of S was pretty creepy too. It almost reminded me of Parasite Eve...

Also, whenever someone's eyes go blank in a battle really freaks me out. I don't know why. Such as when Usagi and Chibi-Usa had their dream mirrors taken, Usagi at the end of the R movie, etc
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:34 pm

Dinozore wrote:Uranus and Neptune's death would've been more scary if the whole thing wasn't so bloodless. They both should have been soaked in blood after all those wounds they got...
Actually, that makes it more disturbing that they're not bleeding... :shock:
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:16 pm

Rainbow wrote:
Dinozore wrote:Uranus and Neptune's death would've been more scary if the whole thing wasn't so bloodless. They both should have been soaked in blood after all those wounds they got...
That was his point.

I don't know about the scariest battle, but I definitely know the scariest youma. Kurene, from the episode with the pianist guy. When it was just her shadow, she was scary as hell! But once you really saw her, she wasn't as bad.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:47 pm

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:
Rainbow wrote:
That was his point.
But he said it would be more scary if it wasn't so bloodless. Meaning that it would be scarier if they did bleed...
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:04 am

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:
That was his point.
^^; no, It wasn't. He said " It would have been scarier if it weren't so bloodLESS". He thinks there should have been blood. There was none. and I kind of agree..Neptune should have been COVERED in blood after getting hit with all of those dart-things.
Also, whenever someone's eyes go blank in a battle really freaks me out. I don't know why. Such as when Usagi and Chibi-Usa had their dream mirrors taken, Usagi at the end of the R movie, etc
Yes, I agree. The blank eyes always make a battle more dramatic, and it's quite terrifying.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:38 am

Sorry, that's my fault. I completely misread it. Sorry again!
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:42 pm

Now that you metion it, Neptune and Uranus getting hit by all those arrows and no blood flying is pretty creepy. Nothing else about Sailor Moon, though, scares me overly much, because movies and t.v. shows like that don't scare me.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:39 pm

Wen I was a kid (before S had hit American television) I found pictures of Hotaru on a cross (from Chibiusa's dream). It was kind of scary considering my age.

Zirconia popping out of Nehelenia's dress in 166 was pretty "scary" too. It resembled an umbilical cord.

I wasn't very aware of the "scariness" of Michiru's nerf-dart scene until I actually heard MICHIRU. Her screaming startled my parents. Then again, a LOT of Sailor Moon does.