Favorite and Least Favorite Senshi?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Locked
User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:48 pm

Dinozore wrote:Favorite: Ami. I like smart women, for one thing. And she's the most beautiful, imo.

Least Favorite: Chibi-Usa. She's not only annoying, but she's the reason the SuperS anime sucks so damn much...
Yes, Ami comes in close second for me. I should have listed her, actually. She's smart, but funny, and she's so cute when she slips up and is embarrassed. I agree about her beauty, especially in the manga.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:17 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:27 am

Sailor Solider wrote:
Least Favorite: Rei

Why? To put it in simple terms, I find her very b*thcy. Honestly, it's like everything Usagi does bothers the hell out of her. If she accidently trips, Rei goes on ranting how dumb and clumsy she is. Atleast, in my eyes. No offence to those who like her.

No offense was taken w/this Rei fan :P. But you know, that's one of the things I like about Rei. Her approach to show she cares about Usagi is unique IMO. I think Rei gets a upset with Usagi whenever she knows Usagi isn't doing her best. So when she acts bitchy towards Usagi, she does it do make her try harder, be less clumsy ,less of a crybaby, etc. Sometimes Rei isn't even being mean and Usagi takes what she says the wrong way.

I also meant to say in my first post as much as I love anime Rei, I love manga Rei even more.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

User avatar
Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:25 pm

Post by Jeff » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:23 pm

Favorite: Mars/Rei- I never realized how much I related to her until recently. I love her independence.

Least Favorites: Sailor Starlights. They don't even look human... and I don't know how anyone could think the Three Lights are cute.

User avatar
Celexa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:39 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Post by Celexa » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:40 pm

Favorite - Sailor Cosmos - I like her because even though she only appears for a short time (11 pages...I counted) I find her a lonely mysterious character, which I like. I also like her uniform, and I like the way she delivers her dialouge in the manga. "The me of here was also suffering..."

Least Favorite - Taiki - I haven't watched the anime Sailorstars except for breif clips so I have no right to comment on her additude, but I agree with Tiff, don't like her voice. It seems to fluctate a lot to me between an acceptable deep to what sounds like me attempting to sing. In the manga I just didn't find Taiki well deleveloped (Probably just me skimming though, but I'm rereading all my manga), and usually I'm neutral towards those types. But I never really liked the way Taiki was drawn nor how she looks in the anime, and that set me "off the edge" so to speak.

Me: This is coming from the kid who doesn't know what Viagra is!
Ko: It's cold medicine, right?
Our Group: NO!!!
Me: Can I just say?
Dylan: Sure, it's no weirder than what normally comes out of your mouth.
Me: (says what)
Ko: .....What's that?
Me: ......*starts crying*
Carley: STEVE! STEVE GET OVER HERE AND TELL KO WHAT VIAGRA DOES!
Steve: See, it's like this: The bridge goes up and the soldiers rush out....

Tiff: Aww, you killed someone for me. That's so sweet in a f***ed up sort of way!

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:49 pm

Jeff wrote:Favorite: Mars/Rei- I never realized how much I related to her until recently. I love her independence.

Least Favorites: Sailor Starlights. They don't even look human... and I don't know how anyone could think the Three Lights are cute.
XD I myself want to cuddle and smooch Seiya. Mmmm, Seiya....

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Sailor Europa
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: New York

Post by Sailor Europa » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:58 pm

My favorite senshi is Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino. I love the fact that she's so strong, and yet she has such a loving and understanding heart. She's just so cool with her tough and yet feminine attitude. *gurgles*
My second fave is Sailor Uranus. Again it's her toughness that draws me to her. The air of cool that she has around her. Even though some people think that she's perfect, I feel that she has such a troubled life. What with wanting to run away, always distrusting others/being suspicious. She's just so caring.
My third favorite would have to be Sailor Saturn, simply for the fact that she can destroy the world. She's also quite frail and beautiful in a mysterious sort of way.
Fourth fave is Sailor Galaxia. Power AND evil! And there's her beauty, too.
Fifth fave is Sailor StarFighter because..uh...something with her being so cool. =D;


I'd have to say that my least favorite would be...*thinks* Well, it used to be Neptune. I had only thought of her anime countterpart, and rather than her manga one, so thinking it over changed me. So I guess that my least favorite is Sailor Kakyu. I dunno...she just kind of annoyed me. I mean, sure, she was sick and hurt, and she did eventually manage to help out. It'sjust that...she didn't seem as wonderful a person as the Starlights made her out to be. *shrugs*
"Hey long distance. Tokyo! I love the French!" ~Ron Stoppable

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:16 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:30 pm

My favorite senshi has changed no less than four times in the last three years, but for now it's Aino Mianko. She kind of reminds me of Usagi, except more likable (and cuter, IMHO) for some reason. And unlike Ami, Rei, Makoto, Michiru, and Chibiusa, her filler episodes are usually great.

Least favorite would have to be Tomoe Hotaru. I'm not a fan of the Outer Senshi in general aside from Pluto, but Hotaru was basically a deux ex machina in S, and in Stars she was little more than background scenery. I've never really seen the incredible character growth everyone claims she has in S, either, especially when the most character growth for her occurs AFTER HER DEATH.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

User avatar
NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 953
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: Wootbekistan

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:09 pm

My favorite is Sailor Jupiter/Kino Makoto.
I love her caring heart and protective attitude. That particular scene in Stars when she's protecting Usagi from Nehelenia's attacks just made me fall in love with Mako-chan's character. I even cried when I heard her Stars Prologue and Poem, they were so touching, even though I didn't understand all of the words. (And I'm not the emotional type) ^_^;
Sailor Pluto/Meioh Setsuna comes in second for me. I think she's one of the most beautiful of the senshi, and I identify with her character a lot, even though she didn't get much development in the Anime. I wanna read the manga so bad. ;_;

My least favorite is Sailor Starmaker/Kou Taiki.
I hate to seem like I'm following a trend here, but I just don't care for her at all. Even though her character got a fair share of development I just never found anything I liked. I personally find her speaking voice to be a little unnerving and I don't think she can sing well at all.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

User avatar
Stephen Victor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:31 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Contact:

Post by Stephen Victor » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:11 pm

NameGoesHere wrote: My least favorite is Sailor Starmaker/Kou Taiki.
I hate to seem like I'm following a trend here, but I just don't care for her at all. Even though her character got a fair share of development I just never found anything I liked. I personally find her speaking voice to be a little unnerving and I don't think she can sing well at all.
I know that the vast majority of Sailormoon fans hate Taiki, but I actually like him. I don't know, I just liked how he was intelligent and aloof but did have a bit of a tender side and I remember him being funny sometimes. He's probably tied with Yaten as being my favorite Starlight.

User avatar
Lena
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Senshi?

Post by Lena » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:22 pm

Stephen Victor wrote:I don't see a thread for this anywhere, so I think I'll inquire everyone on their favorite and least favorite sailor senshi. Mine are:

Favorite: My favorite is most likely Michiru Kaioh/Sailor Neptune. She is just so beautiful, extremely intelligent, mature and dignified ... I admire her. I also relate to her passion for art and I think her love for and dedication to Haruka is absolutely adorable. I also love Hotaru Tomoe, because I find her to be very tragic and interesting, and I like Rei Hino a lot because her snarky comments can be amusing and even though she may appear to be a bitch, she also has an extremely sweet, tender side to her.

Least Favorite: Hmm ... probably Seiya/Sailor Starfighter. I just don't find anything about him particularly interesting, and it doesn't help that most of the Stars season is focused on him. He's all outgoing and athletic and I don't like characters like that much. To me, it just feels like the creators know most fans hate Mamoru and so they introduce Seiya who's like the perfect, ideal guy for Usagi that's funny, sweet and caring, but I personally like Mamoru better than Seiya because he's really fun in the first season and he's also book smart.
Heh, that sums up all my favorite Senshi and pretty much listed all the reasons. But I like Sailor Mars longer, I dunno why....but she just appeals me to me. I don't really have a least favorite character. It used to be Chibi-usa, but I don't find her annoying anymore.

User avatar
Sailor Sapphire
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:04 pm
Location: The Realm of Crystal Tokyo

Post by Sailor Sapphire » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:18 pm

I too, like Sailor Jupiter, for the following reasons:
1. She's caring to everyone, and will take care of her fellow Sailors
2. She's strong and brave (case in point: in the final battle vs. Queen Beryl, she sacrifices herself to protect the others; I find that a very brave and selfless decision)
3. She's beautiful (more obvious in anime)
Bringing a presence that's cold as ice, I am the icy cool Gem Senshi, Sailor Sapphire!

Sapphire Gem Power, make up!

User avatar
ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:08 am
Location: University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill
Contact:

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:06 pm

Favourite: Sailor Mars. She's amazingly powerful, both as a senshi and as a priestess. She wields fire, which is my favourite element. She's beautiful and independent, and her past is so sad. I love her relationship with Usagi, and how she always tries to get Usagi to do her best. And it bothers me when people talk about how Sailor Moon and Mars hate eachother, when it's obvious that they don't. Rei and Usagi seem to be the closest. For instance, in Stars, when all the Inners die, Eternal Sailor Moon runs to Sailor Mars, and calls out her name.

Least Favourite: Sailor Chibi-Moon. She just aggravates me. She's annoying, and I just don't care for her.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

User avatar
DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:52 pm
Location: Seattle, rain capitol of WA
Contact:

Post by DreamEmpress » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:17 am

This is soooo hard.

Faves: Makoto/Sailor Jupiter-Strong, but tender. She can clean a house, prepare beautiful meals and arrange flowers and then still have time to go and kick ya into next year if you mess with any of her friends. Who wouldn't love to have a friend like that? ^^

2nd fave is Chibi-usa--small and misunderstood. She has gone through an awful lot during her 900+ years. She can seem like a little brat in the anime. I prefer her manga version. At first she seems bratty, but then as the story goes on she becomes sweeter and more like her mother. It's so cute how she tries to get her parents to back together in the S series of the manga by helping her with an art project. And in the last series she begs to go back and help the senshi when things begin to go wrong.

Dislike: Sailor Star Maker/Taiki--Smart, but very snooty. she doesn't want to be involved with the other senshi even though they are just trying to help. She tries to make all the decisions for the group and isn't willing to listen to much reason at times. I think the concept for her is good, it just doesn't seem developed like it could. (I haven't seen Stars in a while, so please forgive any facts that aren't quite right)

User avatar
Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: New York City (Bronx, of course!)

Post by Jonathan » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:25 pm

Sailor Jupiter used to be my all time favorite up until I saw Sailor Moon Stars. Sailor Mars is now my favorite.

In Stars, I saw a whole 'nother side to Rei. She was so caring to Usagi, especially when she found out Mamoru wasn't writing back to her. She felt so bad because she didn't want usagi to go through that pain alone.

And when Usagi blew the whistle and Rei ran from the other side of Tokyo to Usagi's school. That was hilarious. Mars truly is my favorite.

I didn't like Yaten and Taiki. They were so cold and distant, until the end. Then they started to loosen up. There both still my least favorites.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:34 pm

Jonathan wrote:
In Stars, I saw a whole 'nother side to Rei. She was so caring to Usagi, especially when she found out Mamoru wasn't writing back to her. She felt so bad because she didn't want usagi to go through that pain alone.
*nods* That scene was incredibly touching...Rei kept saying "Usagi! Why didn't you say anything?! Usagi!" because she felt so sad for her friend...and that just goes to prove anyone who says Rei hates her wrong.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:08 pm

Favorite: Sailor Mars, and the reasons are both petty and otherwise:

Petty: My favorite color is red.
Otherwise: There's something about her character that I really admire; contrary to others' interpretations of her personality and actions, I think she actually respects Usagi and wants her to be a better leader than she thinks she is. Rei is one of these people who yells at you because she knows you can do better. Consider it 'tough love', but she's probably Usagi's best friend BECAUSE she is always being hard on her; being leader is hard work, and Rei knows she has to push the often-times lazy and ditzy Usagi when her confidence falters or when her mind goes off in other, myraid directions.

Mars also has some of the coolest powers in the game; Fire Soul, which she pulled off quite dramatically versus the final DD Girl, and Flame Sniper - who doesn't love a flaming bow and arrow? Her ESP-like abilities also help out by making her the team's spiritual leader, as she or Venus is often able to detect enemy activity, something vital to keeping the Inner Soldier team on their toes.

Least Favorite: I'm not sure...a more immature me would have said Mercury, but I realized that her character is crafted the way it is because it's popular among the fans, and so I cannot dock anyone for creating her like she is. Given that, I am going to have to say that my least favorite is, collectively, the Sailor Starlights.

But hear me out, oh ye Seiya fangirls!

It seemed to me that the writers of BSSM got a little sloppy towards the Sailorstars season. The Starlights had the potential to be something really, really good and interesting for the show, but they ended up coming off as knock-offs of Uranus and Neptune during S - at least in the anime version. Think about it; three handsome newcomers in their civilian forms, but uber-powerful, loner-type characters as Soldiers. They never wanted to trust the others (recall Uranus and Neptune during Mistress 9's incarnation?), and were hesitant, if not downright unwilling, to accept their help. Later on, of course, they improved; their actions during Galaxia's attacks are some of the best scenes in the whole show, but unfortunately, it's their initial appearences that make them a least-favorite of mine.

Wow. longest.post.by.me.evar.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:18 pm

Starscream wrote:


But hear me out, oh ye Seiya fangirls!

It seemed to me that the writers of BSSM got a little sloppy towards the Sailorstars season. The Starlights had the potential to be something really, really good and interesting for the show, but they ended up coming off as knock-offs of Uranus and Neptune during S - at least in the anime version. Think about it; three handsome newcomers in their civilian forms, but uber-powerful, loner-type characters as Soldiers. They never wanted to trust the others (recall Uranus and Neptune during Mistress 9's incarnation?), and were hesitant, if not downright unwilling, to accept their help. Later on, of course, they improved; their actions during Galaxia's attacks are some of the best scenes in the whole show, but unfortunately, it's their initial appearences that make them a least-favorite of mine.

Wow. longest.post.by.me.evar.
*shrug* as much as I love Seiya, I have to agree. You have great points. As the starlights, I don't care for them that much. They're kind..eh. *shrugs* But as Seiya (aka civilian form), they crack me up. The starlights themselves are pretty pointless in the anime, and they ARE, as you say, pretty much outer-esque ripoffs. I don't really care for the starlights as soldiers until toward the end, as you mentioned, because they really start to get in there and fight.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:22 pm

Make no mistake...on their own, I like the Starlights too, and I will admit that even I get a laugh from the Seiya Towel scene. The problem is that I can't take them out of context with the show, and because of that, they come off - to me - as Outer rip-offs.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Southeast Louisiana

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:35 pm

My favorite senshi are Jupiter and Mars. I like them because I can relate so much to both of them. They are not afraid to speak their minds about something and will fight until the very end for something they belive in. They also come across as cold and bitchy, until you get to know them. Then they are very good friends. Like Jupiter, I can scare people that annoy me away with one look. Also like Jupiter, people really underestimate me. Like Mars, I prefer to be alone sometimes, but I am always available and willing to listen to anyone who has a problem with something and needs help.

I don't really have a least favorite senshi. I am reading opinions on this thread alone about the Sailor Starlights, and not many of them are very high.(I am not complaining about this, just stating an observation.) Since all I know of the Stars arc is what I have read in the Manga and on all the other Sailor Moon sites I have been to, I am not going to make any opinions about them until I see them for myself. As far as the other senshi, not much about them really bothers me.

User avatar
kaiou_michiru4590
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:48 am
Location: Neptune

Post by kaiou_michiru4590 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:48 pm

My favorite Senshi are Uranus and Neptune. I like them both equally (well, maybe I like Neptune a tiny bit better). They're so cool and strong and cute^^.


My least favorite (and I know I'm about to get a load of hate mail for this) is Sailor Moon. I don't like her because she's the main character >.<. Because she's the main character, I hear more then I want to hear about her and it gets annoying >.< "Usagi did this, Usagi did that. Usagi is so cool" (please don't hurt me i was just stating why I don't like Usagi!!!! *jumps off a cliff and hides*)


~Kaiou Michiru
"Umi to Seigu no SAILOR fuku bishjoujo senshi! SAILOR NEPTUNE! Kaiousei ni kawatte Oshiokiyo!"

Locked