Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:I know why they did this and it doesnt bother me too much but I love to make fun of it.

Did you notice in sailormoon that Japan seems to be the only important counrty?

I mean the dark kingdom was stationed in the north pole, so they had access to a lot of countries yet they only attacked Japan, also the rainbow crystals that were scattered all over the earth were all in Japan.

And of course as the death busters proved only people in Japan can have pure hearts.

The Doom Tree and the Dead Moon Circus landed in Toyko so I can excuse those.

Galaxia seemed to be the only villian to notice those other countries on the planet.
Well actually wasn't Rika (Motoki's girlfriend) in Africa when Dark Mamoru was going to revive her and the other 6 of the 7 Rainbow crystal holders? They also make fun of this in Sailor Moon Abridged.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:15 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:I know why they did this and it doesnt bother me too much but I love to make fun of it.

I mean the dark kingdom was stationed in the north pole, so they had access to a lot of countries yet they only attacked Japan, also the rainbow crystals that were scattered all over the earth were all in Japan.

And of course as the death busters proved only people in Japan can have pure hearts.

Galaxia seemed to be the only villian to notice those other countries on the planet.
Well actually wasn't Rika (Motoki's girlfriend) in Africa when Dark Mamoru was going to revive her and the other 6 of the 7 Rainbow crystal holders? They also make fun of this in Sailor Moon Abridged.
that is one of the few exceptions in the show, however when her crystal was taken she was in japan, and she then moved to Africa.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:40 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:

Heheh, Sailor Moon Abridged is a great source for ridicule of all the strange things that happen in Sailor Moon.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:25 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:
AnimatedEvey12 wrote:

Heheh, Sailor Moon Abridged is a great source for ridicule of all the strange things that happen in Sailor Moon.
And how in episode 26, Usagi transforms in the middle of a cemetery, anyone could have seen her!
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:38 am

Didn't the Dark Kingdom have an operation going on in the UK when Minako went to England?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Didn't the Dark Kingdom have an operation going on in the UK when Minako went to England?
I dont remember if they told us who those guys where exactly. at least in the anime.

I never read the manga
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:37 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:And how in episode 26, Usagi transforms in the middle of a cemetery, anyone could have seen her!
Yeah speaking of Usagi's transformations, I noticed she transforms inside her house on a few occasions. Does she jump out a window or sneak past her family to get out? Don't they see the pretty colors coming from her room or hear the pretty music?

Oh and Sailor Moon Abridged I believe brings up the question of how Luna tied a clock to her back in the clock shop episode. Seriously, how did she do that?

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:57 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:And how in episode 26, Usagi transforms in the middle of a cemetery, anyone could have seen her!
Yeah speaking of Usagi's transformations, I noticed she transforms inside her house on a few occasions. Does she jump out a window or sneak past her family to get out? Don't they see the pretty colors coming from her room or hear the pretty music?

Oh and Sailor Moon Abridged I believe brings up the question of how Luna tied a clock to her back in the clock shop episode. Seriously, how did she do that?
Yea and also in episode 22 when she uses the disguise pen to disguise herself as a princess she does it in the living room! What if Shingo or Ikuko came in?
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:17 am

on the subject of Luna, Usagi's parents were rather quick to accept her.

"Hey mom can I keep this cat I just found wandering the street and I have no idea if she has rabies or anything like that. Can I keep her pweese!!!"

"Of course sweetie you can keep her, just watch out for her to start foaming at the mouth and stuff."

lol I know Im exaggerating a bit here, but my parents would freak if I just showed up one stay holding a stray in my arms. I guess Luna could have done her "Luna Mindmeld" thing to them or something.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:on the subject of Luna, Usagi's parents were rather quick to accept her.

"Hey mom can I keep this cat I just found wandering the street and I have no idea if she has rabies or anything like that. Can I keep her pweese!!!"

"Of course sweetie you can keep her, just watch out for her to start foaming at the mouth and stuff."

lol I know Im exaggerating a bit here, but my parents would freak if I just showed up one stay holding a stray in my arms. I guess Luna could have done her "Luna Mindmeld" thing to them or something.
Eh, doesn't sound so weird to me. A lot of people take in stray cats. I would assume taking her to the vet and such was part of the story that we just didn't see.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:32 am

Tiff wrote:
Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:on the subject of Luna, Usagi's parents were rather quick to accept her.

Eh, doesn't sound so weird to me. A lot of people take in stray cats. I would assume taking her to the vet and such was part of the story that we just didn't see.
yeah your probably right about that. I guess its just how my parents would react. My dad espically.

an episode about Luna going to the vet would have been interesting. espically if she acts anything like my cats do when they go :)

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:37 pm

I don't think it was necessarily that they were quick to accept her. I think they wanted to teach Usagi and Shingo responsibility so they let them handle the issue on what to do about keeping a pet themselves.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:17 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:

Yea and also in episode 22 when she uses the disguise pen to disguise herself as a princess she does it in the living room! What if Shingo or Ikuko came in?
Not to mention that in all these situations, Usagi is either transformed or disguised, meaning that the mystic power that protects her identity is in effect, so her family would have no idea who this mysterious girl is. Well, they'd probably recognize Sailor Moon, or at least Shingo would. That reminds me of another thing I noticed. Except for the news report when Zoicite is disguised as Sailor Moon, only children seem to be familiar with Sailor Moon. Kinda strange since she's obviously done a lot more than Sailor V did, and yet Sailor V has her own video game and movie.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Does anyone else think the song Suki to Itte from the Sailor Moon R music collection sounds a lot like the Bangles Manic Monday?

Suki to Itte

Manic Monday
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:01 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Does anyone else think the song Suki to Itte from the Sailor Moon R music collection sounds a lot like the Bangles Manic Monday?

Suki to Itte

Manic Monday
Yea a little bit, especially the beginning part.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:23 am

I just noticed that the dub actress for Eudial and Diana are the same.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:52 pm

I just noticed just how little sense the break-up in R makes. Why the hell would King Endymion "test" Mamoru and Usagi, that's just stupid. He should know perfectly well that Mamoru really loves Usagi, considering that he IS Mamoru. And if he had somehow managed to break them up for good, he would have prevented himself from ever existing o_O.

Also: if time was supposedly turned back a year after Classic, then why is Yuichiro still there in R? Hes should have never met Rei. Not that I'm complaining, because I like him, but still.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:13 pm

rockable wrote:I just noticed just how little sense the break-up in R makes. Why the hell would King Endymion "test" Mamoru and Usagi, that's just stupid. He should know perfectly well that Mamoru really loves Usagi, considering that he IS Mamoru. And if he had somehow managed to break them up for good, he would have prevented himself from ever existing o_O.
I always considered that whole part of SMR stupid. Not only because of the points you brought up, but the way Mamoru handled it was just terrible. Seriously, you're dating a girl who has dealt with many a cosmic thing...you can't bring yourself to tell her, "Hey, I'm having these dreams and this dude warns us that if we stay together, you might die. What do you think we should do?" It was just...well, stupid.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:11 pm

Not to mention he's risking Chibi-Usa's life as well.

Endymion didn't really think his plan through too well. It's good to know that Serenity's the one in charge in the future.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:38 am

peachvampiress wrote:Not to mention he's risking Chibi-Usa's life as well.

Endymion didn't really think his plan through too well. It's good to know that Serenity's the one in charge in the future.
Thats the reason then. He secretly hated Chibi-Usa and wanted to erase her from existance. Cant really blame him there lol

Seriously though that part was very poorly handled by the anime.