Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:44 pm

Sorry, that's kind of the fault of the way she's drawn looking more grown-up when she's transformed in the manga. I actually didn't know what age she was in the manga when she comes back as a Senshi for the first time, nor even in the anime.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:43 pm

Rainbow wrote:Sorry, that's kind of the fault of the way she's drawn looking more grown-up when she's transformed in the manga. I actually didn't know what age she was in the manga when she comes back as a Senshi for the first time, nor even in the anime.
Yeah, it always tripped me out too how she was given boobs. It just...didn't seem right.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:07 am

Tiff wrote:
Rainbow wrote:Sorry, that's kind of the fault of the way she's drawn looking more grown-up when she's transformed in the manga. I actually didn't know what age she was in the manga when she comes back as a Senshi for the first time, nor even in the anime.
Yeah, it always tripped me out too how she was given boobs. It just...didn't seem right.
Refresh my memory... How old physically was Chibiusa in the manga?
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Astera
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Astera » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:14 pm

Has anyone ever been bothered by the fact that in the SMR movie... they are floating aimlessly in space... and they can still breathe just fine.

Kelsey
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kelsey » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:10 pm

Ha, that's a good one. Maybe it's just another perk of being a senshi? A different kind of lung capacity? After all, they used to live on the moon, and there is no air on the moon.

Astera
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Astera » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:17 pm

Kelsey wrote:Ha, that's a good one. Maybe it's just another perk of being a senshi? A different kind of lung capacity? After all, they used to live on the moon, and there is no air on the moon.
My friend had come up with an idea similar to that one, but Mamoru had no problem up there either... :roll: Oh well... :P Maybe the Silver Crystal had some kind of effect on them?

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:49 am

The asteroid was also Fiore's spaceship, so maybe he had some sort of invisible oxygen shield with his alien technology covering it and that's how they could breathe. Another thing I noticed is that why is it that the public fully acknowledges the Sailor Soldiers' existence but there is no sort of scientific research conducted on them? I mean, in the real world if the Soldiers existed, it would completely change the way we look at science, the Discovery Channel would be all over the Soldiers in a heartbeat, and scientists all over would be trying to reproduce their powers on their own but in Sailor Moon everyone acts like it's perfectly natural for their to be teenaged superheriones throwing energy beams out of their hands and fighting evil monsters. Even when Sailor V teamed up with the police force in England, the police just acted like it was normal and didn't bother to question her abilities. I'd expect at least a nerd like Ami to be somewhat interested as to where their powers originate from but she too just acts like this is normal. Usagi is about the only one who got freaked out by it all but even she quickly got over it when Naru was in danger.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:01 pm

Something I remember noticing in the NA dub...

Was it just me, or did anyone else notice Catsy's voice changed pretty drastically about halfway through the Ayakashi Sisters' part of the Negamoon arc? I swear, to me it sounds like she started out with a normal voice, then about partway through their part of the arc, her voice gained a raspy edge to it. I didn't think much of it until I remembered watching it on CN and going "waitaminute, did her voice change?"

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:07 am

Princess Latona wrote:Something I remember noticing in the NA dub...

Was it just me, or did anyone else notice Catsy's voice changed pretty drastically about halfway through the Ayakashi Sisters' part of the Negamoon arc? I swear, to me it sounds like she started out with a normal voice, then about partway through their part of the arc, her voice gained a raspy edge to it. I didn't think much of it until I remembered watching it on CN and going "waitaminute, did her voice change?"
Different voice actress. Same with Usagi roughly halfway through the first season.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:54 pm

In the final episode of the S season where Chibiusa is upset at having to return home, the part where Usagi is being strangled and the camera pans across the senshi's faces, look closely at Jupiter's eyes, she has a tuxedo mask thing going on.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Neko
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Neko » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:45 pm

I just recently noticed that in ep. 22, when Usagi-chan transforms into a princess (oh, the irony), her umbrella has little crescent moons (and stars) hanging from it. ^^

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:01 pm

Here is another one:
Has anyone noticed the hair styles of Elios's Nanads and the females of the royal Moon family are very similar.

Strange. Very strange.

awesomeweirdo
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by awesomeweirdo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:06 pm

I just read 27 pages of this before posting....................
Refresh my memory... How old physically was Chibiusa in the manga?
In the Sailor Stars manga #2, in the bonus story, Chibiusa says she's a third grader.

A few things I noticed...........

The golden crystal in the manga is the same shape the ginzuisho was in during the R movie and in Stars (though this was in SuperS). I wonder if Naoko did that on purpose.........................

Wasn't it a little weird in the finale of Stars, [spoiler]that Hotaru and Setsuna were perfectly willing to hang out with Haruka and Michiru after they had murdered them earlier. Even though they didn't do it to kill them but to prove loyalty to Galaxia, and probably apologized alot (*imagines Haruka and Michiru getting on their knees and begging for forgiveness*:lol:),I don't think their friendship would go back to normal after that. I wouldn't want to hang out with someone who had killed me (or attempted to kill me, since in the real world, people who die don't get brought back to life just because t.v. producers say so).[/spoiler]

Sailor Saturn seems to not completely understand her powers. In the Nehelenia part of Stars, when Saturn decides to release the power of death, wouldn't it make sense that if Chibimoon hadn't stopped her, everyone would die, not just Saturn and Nehelenia.

Has anyone ever notice that Uranus, Neptune, and Saturn are never mentioned about being in the future? I wonder what they would be doing in the future. Maybe they were off defending the Solar System like they used to do (even though Saturn didn't do that she might have decided to join them in doing that). Maybe they died when the Earth is frozen, since maybe some powerful villain caused it and killed them. It would be interesting to have them in Crystal Tokyo though, especially Saturn, since it might be difficult to have a friendship with Chibiusa when she would quite a bit older and Chibiusa would still be little.

Has anyone noticed that Mars and Mercury tend to get a little more attention by the writers than Jupiter and Venus? Like in the episodes in R, when Cooan and Bertie(Mars and Mercury's counterparts) are healed by their counterparts, but Petz and the fourth sister(don't remember her name!) get healed without really having that much dialog with their counterparts. Then during SuperS, Mercury and Mars got their own episodes to gain their new attacks, but Venus and Jupiter's were put together.

Another interesting thing is that Minako is the only one who was able to stay conscious longer when her heart crystal was taken and was conscious the entire time when her dream mirror was revealed.

Fisheye looks almost identical to Michiru when he's in his human disguise.
Save Pluto!!!!!!!!!!!! (screw Charon)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:35 am

awesomeweirdo wrote:
Wasn't it a little weird in the finale of Stars, [spoiler]that Hotaru and Setsuna were perfectly willing to hang out with Haruka and Michiru after they had murdered them earlier. Even though they didn't do it to kill them but to prove loyalty to Galaxia, and probably apologized alot (*imagines Haruka and Michiru getting on their knees and begging for forgiveness*:lol:),I don't think their friendship would go back to normal after that. I wouldn't want to hang out with someone who had killed me (or attempted to kill me, since in the real world, people who die don't get brought back to life just because t.v. producers say so).[/spoiler]
Um...it was pretty obvious that pluto and saturn were part of that plan. Otherwise, why would they have serenely closen their eyes, stood there, and took death right in the face? They knew it was going to happen, and they accepted the sacrifice because they knew it might get them closer to defeating Galaxia.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

awesomeweirdo
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by awesomeweirdo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:25 am

I didn't think of that.......................... :oops: :D
Save Pluto!!!!!!!!!!!! (screw Charon)

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:13 am

I can't remember if this has already been mentioned but in Dub epsiode 82 the Scouts are referred to as Soldiers!

yamichan2
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by yamichan2 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:I can't remember if this has already been mentioned but in Dub epsiode 82 the Scouts are referred to as Soldiers!
Really?
Isn't that the last episode of R? Cause in that episode I also noticed that they redubbed a good number of the scenes. (The entire episode is flashbacks) The voices and dialog were changed when they showed the battle with Beryl along with several other scenes.
Find me on www.gaiaonline.com! :P

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:07 pm

I came across this purely by chance.

I was making a SM video when I happened to come across a certain frame from the Super S finale "Forever dreams! Light throughout the sky"

The animators seem to have forgotten to draw hair on Usagi.

Ever wanted to see her bald?
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/28 ... good-times

yamichan2
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by yamichan2 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:I came across this purely by chance.

I was making a SM video when I happened to come across a certain frame from the Super S finale "Forever dreams! Light throughout the sky"

The animators seem to have forgotten to draw hair on Usagi.

Ever wanted to see her bald?
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/28 ... good-times
Wow. That is creepy wonder how that was missed. Cause it seems like something that should have been caught by the animators.
Find me on www.gaiaonline.com! :P

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:39 am

I noticed that the Starlights and Usagi spend the SailorStars season doing similar things--the Starlights are trying to contact Kakyuu through music, and Usagi is trying to contact Mamoru by sending him letters and calling on the phone. Also, both intended recipients of the messages are visited directly by Galaxia, who kills them right away.

I just thought that was interesting, I just realized that the SailorStars series has an ongoing theme of sending messages to loved ones who are far away, when I was listening to Nagareboshi He and thinking about Sailor Moon characters who were "searching for their loves."
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.