Sailor Moon on Blu-Ray...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Garland
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Sailor Moon on Blu-Ray...

Post by Garland » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Greetings. How is everything going for everyone? I don't know about you, but I would love to see this series appear on Blu-Ray someday. Maybe not now, but in the future (& I only mean the Japanese versions of all five seasons, including the Live-Action series along with musicals, with English subtitles included). I think it's possible that each season can fit on one Blu-Ray disc, considering that the amount of space Blu-Ray has over a regular DVD about up to 50 GB's worth. That way, you won't be needing multiple DVD's for each of the seasons. I also think it's possible that Toei would probably considering doing it. What do you think?

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Man that would be awesome, especially considering that Sailor Moon that I got from web looks really good when played through my blu-ray. (well the HD-TV helped, too)

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 pm

Yea it would be interesting. If Toei would consider to have all 5 seasons of Sailor Moon on Blu-Ray, I dunno about PGSM though.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Don't forget, though, that in order for the show to even make it to Blu-Ray it would have to get re-licensed here in the US (or anywhere else for that matter). I'm not knocking the idea or anything, but you have to bear in mind that there's the very small possibility that it will happen at all. It would be a good idea, but then again I also have yet to see any anime on a Blu-Ray disc. That might be because I've just not looked around or anything though.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Dang, that is right. Almost no series are on Blu-ray (except maybe a few of the big hit primetime network shows)

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:46 pm

You do have a point there, Sailor Moon needs to be re-licensed. :( I sure hope Toei wakes up one morning and the first thing they do is re-license Sailor Moon.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:08 am

On blu-ray... I would like to see HD sailor moon, but as one person said, the licence of sailor moon in NA has to be renewed even before the thought crosses your mind. Imagine seeing the final battle with Galaxia in HD *drools*. Too bad Blu ray is too expensive.
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:56 am

Eh, I'd be happy if they ever decided to make the series use stereo sound.....
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:35 am

MarioKnight wrote:Eh, I'd be happy if they ever decided to make the series use stereo sound.....
Heh, crappy ADV...

Anyway, Sailor Moon has to get re-licensed, I got it get money, and I need a Blu-Ray player.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:45 am

Um no. Though their DVDs were shit quality the actual uncut Sailormoon has always been in mono with only a couple exceptions. Even Toei's R2 DVDs of the series are in mono audio. Granted I would love to see a better quality release of Sailormoon over here in NA, but there are steps that need to be taken before that. Toei has to do something themselves in Japan before anything elsewhere is possible and from the looks of things has no plan for remastering a decade and a half old show.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:48 am

MarioKnight wrote:Um no. Though their DVDs were shit quality the actual uncut Sailormoon has always been in mono with only a couple exceptions. Even Toei's R2 DVDs of the series are in mono audio. Granted I would love to see a better quality release of Sailormoon over here in NA, but there are steps that need to be taken before that. Toei has to do something themselves in Japan before anything elsewhere is possible and from the looks of things has no plan for remastering a decade and a half old show.
Woops, sorry. I guess I'm just prone to bashing ADV Films.

Sorry!
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Garland
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Garland » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:36 pm

jupiter23 wrote:Don't forget, though, that in order for the show to even make it to Blu-Ray it would have to get re-licensed here in the US (or anywhere else for that matter). I'm not knocking the idea or anything, but you have to bear in mind that there's the very small possibility that it will happen at all. It would be a good idea, but then again I also have yet to see any anime on a Blu-Ray disc. That might be because I've just not looked around or anything though.
Well, it is kind of a good idea that no one has thought up of, but you're right on what you said. Maybe someday Toei would resurrect this series again, but not anytime soon. :(

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Which still leaves us moonies desperate for a re-release of Sailor Moon. When, oh when Toei will you listen to all the moonies of the world.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Doubtful it'll happen.

Because of the age of the series, any gain to picture quality or sound would be minimal, at best.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Aya Reiko wrote:Doubtful it'll happen.

Because of the age of the series, any gain to picture quality or sound would be minimal, at best.
Indeed there is probably little that can be done with the actual picture quality (unless reanimated the whole thing). Although, they might be able to get better sound if they still have the raw audio.

However I think it would be nice to have it on blu-ray if only to have each season on 1-2 discs. I don't like having to swap discs in an out. I always get worried that I'll drop it or scratch it or something.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

Garland
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Garland » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:15 pm

Gamer8585 wrote:
Aya Reiko wrote:Doubtful it'll happen.

Indeed there is probably little that can be done with the actual picture quality (unless reanimated the whole thing). Although, they might be able to get better sound if they still have the raw audio.

However I think it would be nice to have it on blu-ray if only to have each season on 1-2 discs. I don't like having to swap discs in an out. I always get worried that I'll drop it or scratch it or something.
Indeed. It took Toei 8 DVD's for both Sailor Moon original, & Sailor Moon R, 7 DVD's for both Sailor Moon S & Sailor Moon Super S, & 6 DVD's for Sailor Stars. I'm very positive that all five of those seasons can fit on one Blu-Ray disc, as well as the three movies. The Live-Action series & the musicals, however, is a different story. If I'm right, there were 12 DVD's that cover the entire Live-Action Series (including about 2 more for the specials), & about 22 DVD's for musicals.