Was there ever a explanation in regards to the Senshi's IDs

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Was there ever a explanation in regards to the Senshi's IDs

Post by HighC » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:00 pm

and why no one could tell them apart? Two good theories that I have heard was 1.A magic conceals their idenities and makes it so no one could put two and two together just by looking at them. and. 2.People expect the Sailor Senshi to be Senshi 24/7 and not normal human girls a.k.a the Clark Kent theory.

Was their ever a confirmed reason though from a canon source?

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:59 am

Well, it's explained in the dub (It's been a few years since I've seen the subtitled version so I can't confirm that source).

In the episode where Minako/Venus joins (also where Usagi and Mamoru are trapped in a building together) it was explained that "They look different in real light". Which I interpret as them just looking different transformed than when they are walking around as civilians. So I'm guessing the "magic" theory is more valid.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:07 am

As far as I'm aware in the subbed anime or in the manga, there is no explanation, but in PGSM, their hair changes color and style when they transform from what it was in their secret identities.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"