Your best sailor moon gift or item given to you.

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Locked
User avatar
Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Your best sailor moon gift or item given to you.

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:20 pm

Figured since its the holidays it would be a nice topic to start and I did a search didnt see one like this. If there is I apologize ahead of time it didnt pop up when I searched.

After getting my pretty Serenity Figure which my best bud technically brought for me and the fact that he brought me the entired first season of Sailor moon and the Doom Tree Series (all which ive never unwrapped cause I have the vcds lol) I was wondering if anyone else has ever gotten really nice Sailor moon related gifts for the holidays or birthdays.


Its funny when I met my best friend we started talking via instant message about gaming and stuff and I told him I was collecting things from the Sailor moon series. Now being a shy and not so trusting person it took alot out of me to give him my home address but im glad I did cause he kept to his word and sent a huge box of Sailor Moon stuff for me. Now 4 years later he still grabs anything he sees of that series and gets it cause he knows Id love it. I think the true way to a geekettes or geeks heart is to know what they love to collect and get it for them lol.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."




*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:22 pm

It's narrowed down to two things:

The SMR boxset that bob got me, and the sailor saturn resin figure that my old friend made for me.

;_; It fell and broke to the point where I couldn't repair it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Tiff wrote:the sailor saturn resin figure that my old friend made for me.

;_; It fell and broke to the point where I couldn't repair it.

Ouchies I feel your pain I have to keep all the nice things boxed up cause of James I dont mind it but id love to display my figures abit more lol.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."




*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

User avatar
sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: TN
Contact:

Post by sailor53 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:59 am

I've got two things both of which my mother bought me.

1.) Sailor Moon S: Heart Collection VI (My first Sailor Moon DVD)
2.) Sailor Moon Deluxe Adventure Doll (My only Sailor Moon Doll)
Remember, every downhill has its uphill.

User avatar
Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Aishiteru » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:31 pm

I used to get videos and DVDs all the time from my family, and I got some Mangas from my aunt, but I think the nicest thing is the Warriors of Legend book. I've read it twice, And the fact that my mom got it for no reason at all just makes it even better! I also got a Sailor Moon doll from my cousin. She got Mars. We had such a good time with them when we were little!(Big sentimental sigh)
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:46 pm

Number 1 is this poster that Jen replaced for me after a friend of mine had lost my first copy of it while holding it over the summer. Number 2 is a 6" US figure of Sailor Moon my grandmother got me one Christmas because it was from that "Chinese" show I like XD
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:54 pm

Starscream wrote:Number 2 is a 6" US figure of Sailor Moon my grandmother got me one Christmas because it was from that "Chinese" show I like XD
XDD *dies* That's so cute.

At least she didn't call it Japanese porn.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:00 pm

Tiff wrote:
Starscream wrote:Number 2 is a 6" US figure of Sailor Moon my grandmother got me one Christmas because it was from that "Chinese" show I like XD
XDD *dies* That's so cute.

At least she didn't call it Japanese porn.
Heh, she's too old, I think, to make the false "anime = porn" connection. All she sees is cartoons and how their eyes look XD
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
StarFlame Soldier
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: Western Australia

Post by StarFlame Soldier » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:28 am

Mum got me the first season of Sailor Moon for my birthday this year, my first non-dubbed anime and uncut Sailor Moon. I really appreciate the effort she went to, especially because it's so hard to get peple to think of getting me SM related stuff: I don't tell friends (bar internet ^_^) that I like it and my parents and boyfriend are continually hinting that it's time I grow up (thank goodness for sisters).

Another thing I must mention are the SM dolls Mum bought me and my sisters when we were on holiday when I was 7/8 (I can't remember exactly). They were $2 each. It was so nice and not begged for. I love my Mum :).
Two wrongs don''t make a right, but three lefts do.

In Space, no-one can hear you scream. In Time, nobody listens

Smile for Saz!


sleep, Celeste

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:24 pm

unfortunatly I dont know where it is anymore but a few years ago my folks got me a luna doll that played music when you squeezed it. It also "danced" but it actually looked like it was squirming and it was actually kinda disturbing. I brought it to my old anime club and scared people with it quite often :)
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
Kelsey
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: BC, Canada

Post by Kelsey » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:58 am

When I was about nine years old, my friend Christal gave me a Sailor Moon transfer sticker sheet. It is probably one of my favourite items that was given to me because she didn’t even know that I liked Sailor Moon! She just gave a few of us presents for Christmas and mine was the only one that was Sailor Moon related.

I never opened that set because I didn’t want to use them all up right away.

What’s really ironic is that I forgot about Sailor Moon one day (after quite a few years of obsession) and then a few months ago she posted this blog on one of the social networking sites I belong to with an animated gif of Serena transforming and saying how much she used to love that show.

I had forgotten all about the show! I decided to start researching it again and got re-addicted, especially when I discovered the hidden truths DiC and Cloverway hid away from North America.

User avatar
Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Luxemburg
Contact:

Post by Kasumi » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:01 am

Hm, it was my 16th birthday, and my parents got me the ADV Sailor Moon R DVD set, man, I was happy! But other than that, it got pretty quiet for several weeks with Sailor Moon :/ My passion wavered a bit (not my loyality, don't worry), but maybe it's just because I've got my first boyfriend. Yeah, it's probably that ^^;

User avatar
yamichan2
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:45 pm

Post by yamichan2 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:25 am

Kasumi wrote:Hm, it was my 16th birthday, and my parents got me the ADV Sailor Moon R DVD set, man, I was happy! But other than that, it got pretty quiet for several weeks with Sailor Moon :/ My passion wavered a bit (not my loyality, don't worry), but maybe it's just because I've got my first boyfriend. Yeah, it's probably that ^^;
Funny, mine is also the SMR DVD box set, my parents gave it to me for Christmas when I was 16...

I actually have quite a few SM related items though. The SMR one is just the most expensive of them. I also have a transfer sheet or two, a number of the dolls, and all the original prints of the manga. Which took for ever to attain by the way.

I really need to list all this SM stuff I have sometime cause I have way too much of it.
Find me on www.gaiaonline.com! :P

User avatar
bunnylove
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:58 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by bunnylove » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:48 am

yamichan2 wrote: I really need to list all this SM stuff I have sometime cause I have way too much of it.[/b][/color]
I want to see your SM Stuff list ^^

The precious gift I received is with any doubt my first Sailor Moon doll. It was a gift from my mother. She has searched for this doll a long time because this last one was almost unobtainable in stores.

User avatar
Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Earth

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:03 am

Heh, she's too old, I think, to make the false "anime = porn" connection. All she sees is cartoons and how their eyes look XD
Lol, my parents are like that too ^^
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Locked