Favorite Sailor Moon BGMs

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Favorite Sailor Moon BGMs

Post by Jermyn » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:14 pm

What are your favorite pieces of music from Sailor Moon's score?
Mine are the following.

Sad Moonlight Densetsu: Played during sad or emotional scenes during the first four seasons. It always managed to move me.

Tuxedo Mask's theme: Extremely catchy with its Spanish sounding beats.

Dark Kingdom's theme: Very creepy and evil sounding.

Ail and En's/Black Moon Clan's theme: Played often during the R season. It starts out as very slow and subdued evil music but gets louder and louder until it reaches a thunderous crescendo at the end.

Death Busters theme: Has an otherworldly sense of evil to it.

Sailor Saturn's theme: Hauntingly beautiful and sad.

Dead Moon Circus theme: Very catchy and circus-like while have an evil, nightmarish tone to it. Also liked have there were several different variations of it.

Pegasus theme: Similar to the Dead Moon's theme but more happy and nice sounding which makes for a good contrast between the dreams of Elysion and the nightmares of the Dead Moon.

Queen Nehellenia's theme: Wonderfully dark and evil sounding with creepy opera singing mix into it.

Eternal Sailor Moon's theme: a very beautiful and gentle melody.

Chaos's theme: The ultimate in evil sounding music.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:38 pm

My favorite's gotta be the background music that plays when Haruka and Michiru are holding hands in SMS...the "I like your hands" scene. It's a pity that it's licensed by someone different, and a seperate original composition...becuase of that, you can't find it on any of the sailor moon CDs.

I also like the Orgel version of Golden Queen Galaxia..it's slow and like a music box. So gorgeous and sad. It usually plays during Galaxia's flashbacks.

For the Princess (played in Stars) is a good one, too, as is Slow Moon Revenge.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:58 pm

I don't know the name of it but my favorite BGM tracks is a tie between that one that plays during episode 97 when Ami is swimming with Michiru before they start their race that's this really nice piano music starts playing and another one near the end of the episode after they tie in their second race. I just love how it has this really catchy and upbeat jazzy tune and I sometimes get it stuck in my head.
Last edited by Cardcaptor Takato on Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

StarFlame Soldier
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by StarFlame Soldier » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:59 pm

I love the sad music- especially the music in the episode about Venus's past, when she realises Katrina didn't purposely steal her boyfriend. Sorry I can't explain it more. I also love Neptune and Uranus's 'theme' when they transform and attack- the one with the violin. I have to agree with Hotaru's theme as well- well descrbed as haunting, Jermyn.
Two wrongs don''t make a right, but three lefts do.

In Space, no-one can hear you scream. In Time, nobody listens

Smile for Saz!

sleep, Celeste

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:21 pm

I love the music that plays when the outers (well, it might just be Haruka and Michiru in S...) transform. I loved it from the second I heard it, It's just so pretty and really sets the mood for the type of people they are. Something about it just plays out their personalities to me.

RainbowCrystal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by RainbowCrystal » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:31 pm

My favourite music is the Dead Moon Circus theme, Outers theme (when the outer senshi transform), amazon bar theme and Tuxedo Mask's theme, it just sparks a kind of inspiration within when he throws his rose and the music kicks in!

Emma

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:27 am

Mine would be the Dead moon circus, just because it's upbeat and makes me smile.

Ano kata wa doko ni, it's princess Kakyuu's theme, It's such a beautiful tune.

Moonlight Densetsu, the slow one, because it always manages to set the scene for a sad event.

The music that plays when the Amazon Trio extract the dream mirrors, It's such a powerful tune and it matches the image on screen perfectly.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:02 am

hmm.. definetly from PGSM, Kuroki Mio's theme song, it sounds so evil :D i also like the song when the Amazoness Quartet and Sailor Senshi reveal their identitys, i forget the name of it ATM though :evil:

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:22 pm

i also like the song when the Amazoness Quartet and Sailor Senshi reveal their identitys, i forget the name of it ATM though
Do you mean "Sailor Team No Theme" I like that one too but it's not really background music.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:
i also like the song when the Amazoness Quartet and Sailor Senshi reveal their identitys, i forget the name of it ATM though
Do you mean "Sailor Team No Theme" I like that one too but it's not really background music.
Yes! Thats the name! :D oh yeah, now i remember there was lyrics.. sorry its been so long ^.^ but, then its replacment will be the sad orgel song that played when Galaxia was recalling her past.. OR! The background music when smoon screams NO! [spoiler]when Rei disappears and shes screaming "Return Them!"[/spoiler] that song Reeeeally was a good choice for that moment, it gave it much feeling, it was what struck me when i felt a tear roll down my cheek ever so slowly.. <_> yes, it actually did.
So Sorry, Usagi-chan! We will take your energy after the wedding as your Wedding Gift to us okay? :D - Kuroki Mio(PGSM)

Must... Kill... BILL!!!!

Move your goddamn big toe..

"What a time we live in, anger, intolerence, famine, terrorism.. Just imagin what its gunna be like for your grandchildren"
- My English Teacher O.O

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:12 pm

There was one BGM that plays in the first season. It usually happends when Usagi is dreaming. I think it also plays when Mamoru gets his memories back in episode 46.

I also like Sailor Mercury's star transformation music. :)
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:10 am

I love the Amazon's Trio's romantic music. It sounds like something from an old romance movie.

All of the Chibiusa and Pegasus music. It's all so gorgeous.
Pretty much all the music from SuperS is very good.

I like the piece from Sailor Moon R that plays during the, "Are we dead, Luna?" scene in episode 51.

There's just way too much good stuff to choose from!
The ones I mentioned would have to be my favorites though.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:32 pm

The outers theme
Sailor Moon's crystal power make-up transformation
Sailor's Moon's Cosmic power make-up transformation
Sailor Moon and Sailor Chibi Moon's double moon transformation
Moon Gorgeous Meditation
Death Buster's theme
Dead Moon Circus theme
Sound of the daimon entering it's vessal
Music that plays at time of despair (it played at the end of 110 and some other times that I can't think of)
Music playing when Neptune trying to save Uranus from Eudial and ends up getting her talisman stolen
Dark Kingdom's theme
Moon Tiara Action

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:39 am

I'd have to say my favorite ones include:

The music when Hotaru's memories are being returned in Stars. That was just so gorgeous!

Okay, remember when those glass/mirror girls were attacking the outer senshi in the first few episodes of Stars? The BGM for that scene was so engrossing. Especially when the Outers transformed and attacked.

Overall, I've always loved Uranus and Neptune's themes. The violin is just so great!