YOUTUBE IDEA

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

new_york
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

YOUTUBE IDEA

Post by new_york » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:39 am

Like we saw sailor mooon won the toei poll so it s a prove that sm is still popular so why not make this....
Lets select a Sailor Moon video already on youtube that we think is the best ,then spread out the word too some friends and keep watching it until it becomes the most watched video on YouTube.If we can get a Sailor Moon video to be the most watched clip on YouTube, I think that'd send a real message to toei and the world that SM fandom is alive, well, and profitable.
Me and my friends from sailormoonforum.com have decided that this video is the winner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wTVW9Gcv4k so please watch it ,it alreday has like 430 tousands views , lets make sailor moon the most watched video on YOUTUBE

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:13 am

You know I normally dont get upset by other forum members and considering your a newbie you probably did not read the forum rules. I clicked on that link thinking this was a legitimate claim for people to watch an SM episode to sponsor support and all it was is a lame Anime video, if your going to try to promote your work why not put it in your signature like the mods have it set up instead of acting like you care if the show gains popularity again. That whole thing was a waste of time and probably just an effort by you to boost your videos viewing probably to prove to some others that your the best at putting music to clips of the show.

And the sad thing is I should have know by the fact that you put your from sailormoonforum.com one of the first places I had tried to go for legitimate sailormoon information only to find it a basic meat market for people who want to "hook up."
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:26 am

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:You know I normally dont get upset by other forum members and considering your a newbie you probably did not read the forum rules. I clicked on that link thinking this was a legitimate claim for people to watch an SM episode to sponsor support and all it was is a lame Anime video, if your going to try to promote your work why not put it in your signature like the mods have it set up instead of acting like you care if the show gains popularity again. That whole thing was a waste of time and probably just an effort by you to boost your videos viewing probably to prove to some others that your the best at putting music to clips of the show.

And the sad thing is I should have know by the fact that you put your from sailormoonforum.com one of the first places I had tried to go for legitimate sailormoon information only to find it a basic meat market for people who want to "hook up."
And that is aside the fact that your idea wouldn't work anyway. Youtube is a site meant for people to put up their own homemade videos, not post up already licensed work. Considering Toei would even bother going to a site like Youtube, they could and probably would sue the company if they found entire episodes of the show posted on their website. But they went to the Anime News Network and had a poll put up, because the ANN is one of the best places to get information on any anime. They had a much better chance of finding out what the fans wanted by going through that outlet, plus the results were a lot more reliable than how many hits a clip on Youtube would have been.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

new_york
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by new_york » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 am

first of all its not my AMV i found that AMV on youtube ,and senshi of vision i dont get you :shock: ,you think that sailormoonforum is a hook up market wow very funny if thats a hook up market than this one is also ..... im not going to argue with anyone i really dont care what someone think, you support my idea or you dont ..thats all

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:50 am

Isn't promoting your own work, including petitions, against forum rules on this site?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:18 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:Isn't promoting your own work, including petitions, against forum rules on this site?
Yessir. Requesting mod/admin lockage.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:43 pm

new_york wrote:first of all its not my AMV i found that AMV on youtube ,and senshi of vision i dont get you :shock: ,you think that sailormoonforum is a hook up market wow very funny if thats a hook up market than this one is also ..... im not going to argue with anyone i really dont care what someone think, you support my idea or you dont ..thats all

Its good that you dont want to argue and I'll admit I was abit cranky this morning. But my problem in a nutshell is your post leads people to believe that they are going to watch a video of Sailor Moon to try to boost support in getting it back to mainstream. I have no problem with your idea I think its noble that you wish to see the show mainstream. But when you click on the link its nothing but an anime music video, not an actual episode so I fail to see where it could possibly help the show. So excuse me if It reeks of someone just trying to boost popularity for something they put together. And since your the one who posted the link I obviously assumed it was your video something that is frowned upon in these forums.

As for my shot at sailormoon forums probably wasnt nice or right but I am going by experience, that and sailormoon.com sites that used to showcase things for sailormoon fans have devoted threads to people getting together and I guess I was aggrivated by that. I did not attack you but the site so if your defensive of it oh well is all I can say to that. And while some couples have formed from this forums I hardly see this place as a hook up site.

Either way not knocking you just the fact that an anime music video on YouTube as Jupiter23 stated is not going to help the cause.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:27 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:
Its good that you dont want to argue and I'll admit I was abit cranky this morning. But my problem in a nutshell is your post leads people to believe that they are going to watch a video of Sailor Moon to try to boost support in getting it back to mainstream. I have no problem with your idea I think its noble that you wish to see the show mainstream. But when you click on the link its nothing but an anime music video, not an actual episode so I fail to see where it could possibly help the show. So excuse me if It reeks of someone just trying to boost popularity for something they put together. And since your the one who posted the link I obviously assumed it was your video something that is frowned upon in these forums.
Even if it is an episode of the show, the plan doesn't make any logical sense. So their basic idea to get Toei to re-release legalized versions of Sailor Moon is to get people to watch illegal copyrighted infringed videos that they stole from someone else in a language the staff of Toei doesn't even speak? Not that I have anything against people who download as I've done that myself before, but hoping they'll pay attention to people watching this thing is just asking Toei to sue you. Not to mention that AMV is really generic and bland in the first place and it isn't even a very good song. "Let's lip sync cheesy random pop songs to random clips of Sailor Moon! Gee whiz, no one's thought of that before!" At least use an AMV that's actually original and creative. Not to mention that the band Aqua is a terribly annoying "one-hit wonder" band that doesn't even make music anymore and I fail to see how Toei is going to care about an AMV of some randomly obscure English band. Yeahhh. Good luck with that. :roll: This makes about as much sense as SOS's poptarts campaign.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

new_york
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by new_york » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:52 am

well i thought by making one amv or episode the most viewed one can have some inpact(imagine you click on the most viewed link to see who has the most views and you see sailor moon),beacouse lot of peolpe know when one clip is the most viewed on youtube,and i thought that clip was the best beacouse it already has 430 tousands views,and if it reaches the first place TOEI will probbably hear something

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:28 am

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else, new york; not only is TOEI - or any other company - going to be persuaded by this "petition", but the legal ramifications are probably too steep for something like this to be pulled off anyways. We also do not allow for the promotion of unofficial petitions created or conceived by our users, so I'm going to have to lock this topic.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back