Visual version of Sailor Moon Uncensored

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

BlazingFire456
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Visual version of Sailor Moon Uncensored

Post by BlazingFire456 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:19 am

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, or if it's been posted already, but I found something really neat. It's like a visual version of Sailor Moon Uncensored.

It's called Sailor Moon Dubtitled. It's a collection of the episodes, but it has two screens, one screen with the DiC version, and one screen with the Japanese version. It pauses the dub version when it gets to a scene that was cut/etc.. Also the audio in the background is the dub version, but it shows the original subtitles at the bottom.

I don't know if anything I said made any sense to you all, lol, but just watch it and find out what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcApnm1onPs

You can see the rest of the dubtitles here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?u ... bie&page=2

BTW I didn't make these or anything, just something interesting I found while surfing YouTube. Anyway, cya all around! 8)

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:10 am

Interesting... Now these days, I can tell how on the cheap these were made just by the intro. (No one here could dispute that Simon Cowell would tear apart every singer who sung the dub OP.)

Only thing missing is maybe a commentary track, then it would be perfect.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:16 pm

Well, it looks good. I don't have time to watch it now, but I may watch it when I get the chance later. It looks good. LOL at Rei's Grandfather complaining about the dub versions. :D :D :D
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Benderx
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Benderx » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:45 am

Did anyone else find it kinda funny when all of Queen Beryls servants said "Yes" in the english while saying "No" in the japanese.

Its also pretty amusing how off Usagi, Naru and Uminos speech is...

This Side of Paradise
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by This Side of Paradise » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:47 am

I just watched the first half of the first episode, it looks very well done, and I'm going to take my time to watch them all. Yeah the converstation between Umino, Usagi, and Naru is very different, from the dub! It was very interesting! I put that link to the person's profile on my favorites.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own. Adam Savage.

Adam: I think this is the strangest position I''ve ever been in on this show.
Kari: [quietly] Notice how he qualifies it with "on this show".

MythBusters.

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:03 am

When you actually watch it side-by-side, and you see when there was silence in the original and talking in the dub...well, it really does make you want to scream, "STFU!!!"
OK, yeah, I like totally know how wacked-out it is that you're a princess, dearie, you don't have to state the obvious and keep going on about it. :?
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:05 pm

all I can really say is that the dub really knows how to do is ruin the moments and treat americans like we're stupid

Chibisteven
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Chibisteven » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:54 pm

Aya Reiko wrote:Interesting... Now these days, I can tell how on the cheap these were made just by the intro. (No one here could dispute that Simon Cowell would tear apart every singer who sung the dub OP.)

Only thing missing is maybe a commentary track, then it would be perfect.
It looks like only two singers to me. Just some goofy effect with digital or analog chorus device. It's an engineering feat.

Nicole Price and Brynne Price are the singers to hate.

It helps to read the booklets that come with your CDs. People often don't tag MP3s correctly either, so this leads to another problem.

To me it looks like they couldn't find a real chorus, so they faked it.

Lightweight
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Lightweight » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Interesting find.

I'm going to be brave and watch episode 40 (45/46 in the original), just to see for myself how mangled it is. I'f I'm not back in 2 days, send for paramedics... I'll probably be collapsed on the floor, foaming at the mouth.
Now listening to: Gorillaz: El Mañana

"You can teach an old dog new tricks... but you cannot teach Madonna to act."
-Yakko Warner

Officially finished watching all Sailor Moon episodes as of April 19, 2008!!!

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:53 pm

That's actually really interesting. I just now looked at it. It's interesting to get a visual of what was actually cut out. I was watching episode 40 (Day of Destiny), and the Dub segment seemed to 'pause' a lot.

Verrrrrrry interesting....
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:13 pm

Lightweight wrote:Interesting find.

I'm going to be brave and watch episode 40 (45/46 in the original), just to see for myself how mangled it is. I'f I'm not back in 2 days, send for paramedics... I'll probably be collapsed on the floor, foaming at the mouth.
Don't worry. If I find you like that, I know CPR.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:20 am

Lightweight wrote:Interesting find.

Even if the original Power Rangers style of editing were applied to the final episode of PGSM, the resulting mess still wouldn't look any more mangled than Day of Destiny does now.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:56 pm

Benderx wrote:Did anyone else find it kinda funny when all of Queen Beryls servants said "Yes" in the english while saying "No" in the japanese.

Its also pretty amusing how off Usagi, Naru and Uminos speech is...
Yeah I actually laughed out loud a little when I watched that. But whenever it says (silence) at the bottom and the dub voices keep going it pisses me off I just want to tell them to shut up! It's like when some important person is asking for quiet and there's that one little gropu that keeps there covnersation going while being oblivious to the important person.

Fruityla
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Fruityla » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:07 pm

That sounds pretty interesting. I should watch them sometime just for kicks XD

...Or not -_-

"Don''t let the cave-in get you down
Don''t let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown...Sokka"
- Minstrel "Avatar: The Last Avatar"

Now you see me <_< Now you don''t

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Sigh, I wish they did more episodes. Just think about what would happen to episodes like 60, 68, 88, 89, and others using what they did!

Also, FU to those who thought episode 40 dubbed was STILL good after seeing that!

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Chase Man! wrote:Sigh, I wish they did more episodes. Just think about what would happen to episodes like 60, 68, 88, 89, and others using what they did!

Also, FU to those who thought episode 40 dubbed was STILL good after seeing that!
But 60 and 68 were pretty much just one big cut (Chibiusa's gun and Chibiusa wetting the bed), plus a few minor cuts. In 88 there's a ~30 seconds cut of Artemis and Luna watching the Black Crystal and a few more minor cuts, but otherwise nothing notable. 89 cut some of the S preview and also the entire flashback to the undubbed Episode 42, plus a yet more minor cuts.
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[SMU] [Sonic-CulT] [Sonic Classic] [SoaH]
[SWS2B] [Zophar's] [DaizenshuuEX]
[My LiveJournal]

~ RattleMan's SMU Signature ~
~ April 10th, 2005 ~

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:42 pm

RattleMan wrote:
Chase Man! wrote:Sigh, I wish they did more episodes. Just think about what would happen to episodes like 60, 68, 88, 89, and others using what they did!

But 60 and 68 were pretty much just one big cut (Chibiusa's gun and Chibiusa wetting the bed), plus a few minor cuts. In 88 there's a ~30 seconds cut of Artemis and Luna watching the Black Crystal and a few more minor cuts, but otherwise nothing notable. 89 cut some of the S preview and also the entire flashback to the undubbed Episode 42, plus a yet more minor cuts.

Then in that case, what episodes was majority cut during the R season (just to refresh my memory)?

BTW, great job on the Sailor Moon comparsion site!

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Chase Man! wrote:
RattleMan wrote:

Then in that case, what episodes was majority cut during the R season (just to refresh my memory)?

BTW, great job on the Sailor Moon comparsion site!
Big cuts? Sure:

Episode 51 - ~2 minutes of the Senshi eating lunch; a great part is when Rei eats something spicy and does Fire Soul out her mouth

Episode 53 - Usagi learn that the baby they’re taking care of is a male, plus the baby peeing on Natsumi

Episode 55 - Luna gets crushed by Usagi's lunch after she forgets it, Haruna gets jealous, Umino and Naru flirt, Mako smacks Ami to the ground

Episode 56 - Luna daydreams about kissing Artemis

Episode 57 - The real reason the Senshi are late in this episode, they fight a Cardian before dawn

Episode 60 - Chibiusa's gun

Episode 66 - A giant 1 minute 20 second cut of cooking at Ami's apartment, Minako thinking she sliced her finger off

Episode 67 - Neat episode, too bad they skipped it

Episode 68 - Chibiusa wetting the bed

Episode 69 - Usagi's nightmare caused by the Droid

Episode 70 - Yuuichirou greeting Koan

Episode 73 - Usagi going to slap Chibiusa, but Tuxedo Mask stopping her

Episode 74 - Lots of cuts of the Senshi on crosses and Chibusa trying to pull out the crystal

Episode 77 - Usagi learning about promise rings, and mistaking it for pro-wrestling ("pu-ro-me-su-ri-n-gu" vs. "pu-ro-re-su-ri-n-gu")

Episode 78 - Emerald noting that she's the one who released the flu bug, right at the beginning of the episode

Episode 79 - Lots of animals attacking

Episode 80 - Sapphire walking in on Emerald taking a bath

Episode 81 - A flashback to the first time Chibiusa goes to school in the 20th century

Episode 82 - Chibiusa's nightmare about what happens in the future

Episode 84 - Diamond and Sapphire talking, resulting in Diamond injuring Sapphire

Episode 85 - The bulk of Chibiusa transforming into Black Lady

Episode 86 - More of Sapphire's death and Petz' reaction

Episode 87 - Luna and Artemis being injured by the Black Crystal, plus Wiseman strangling Usagi
Last edited by RattleMan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[SMU] [Sonic-CulT] [Sonic Classic] [SoaH]
[SWS2B] [Zophar's] [DaizenshuuEX]
[My LiveJournal]

~ RattleMan's SMU Signature ~
~ April 10th, 2005 ~