Other Eternal Sailors

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Other Eternal Sailors

Post by SeiUsa » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:38 pm

Would anyone else liked to have seen Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Eternal Sailor Pluto, and so on? I think that would've been cool. Sometimes I hate how the moon has all the fun.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:46 pm

There were Eternal Sailor Senshi............granted they were only in the manga, but still, they were there.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Blackat
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Location: The only place where you can find Kangaroos in your backyard.

Post by Blackat » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:54 pm

jupiter23 is right, they did become Eternal Senshi in the manga.

But if you were reffering to the anime, then you're right - they never became Eternal Senshi in that. Although I agree with you that it would've been a treat to see them as Eternal Senshi. ^^

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:54 pm

That was one of the many things Toei didn't bother animating... along with the S-era attacks and possibly transformation (I haven't read the manga in a while) the Inner Senshi got...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:56 pm

I think Mercury got her S-era attack, though, in her SuperS special. And I think she had a new transformation, too. Also, the S-era attacks are in the Sailor Moon: Another Story game.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:20 pm

Rainbow wrote:I think Mercury got her S-era attack, though, in her SuperS special. And I think she had a new transformation, too. Also, the S-era attacks are in the Sailor Moon: Another Story game.
I'm aware of both the SuperS special and the video games. Was going to mention them, in fact, but couldn't figure out how to work it in...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:17 am

They are never called Eternal Sailor <Planet> though. They remain just Sailor <Planet>.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:36 pm

Aren't the 'Eternal' titles (sans Sailor Moon's) fan inventions, or do they really mention a "Eternal Sailor Mercury", etc., in the manga?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:50 pm

Neo Dead Moon wrote:Aren't the 'Eternal' titles (sans Sailor Moon's) fan inventions, or do they really mention a "Eternal Sailor Mercury", etc., in the manga?
No, the senshi have eternal forms.

http://mangastyle.net/book5/v5-31.jpg

http://mangastyle.net/book5/v5-32.jpg

http://mangastyle.net/book5/v5-30.jpg

Examples from the artbook of their eternal fukus.

and if you'll notice, in this link: http://mangastyle.net/artbooks/genga5c.htm Naoko mentions under one of the pictures that she doesn't know why Toei didn't include those fukus int he show.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Hmmm. I'm kind of meh-ish on the eternal designs. Some things I love, like their white boots with different trims, but I'm not so sure about the ball things on their shoulder. I think it depends on the colour. I really like Saturn's, Pluto's, Neptune's, Mercury's, and Mar's eternal fukus, but I don't like the other ones.

But I do think Naoko's right, that Toei should have given them their eternal forms in the anime.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:58 pm

Tiff wrote:
Neo Dead Moon wrote:Aren't the 'Eternal' titles (sans Sailor Moon's) fan inventions, or do they really mention a "Eternal Sailor Mercury", etc., in the manga?
No, the senshi have eternal forms.

http://mangastyle.net/book5/v5-31.jpg

http://mangastyle.net/book5/v5-32.jpg

http://mangastyle.net/book5/v5-30.jpg

Examples from the artbook of their eternal fukus.

and if you'll notice, in this link: http://mangastyle.net/artbooks/genga5c.htm Naoko mentions under one of the pictures that she doesn't know why Toei didn't include those fukus int he show.
Neo Dead Moon is talking about the title eternal, not their eternal forms.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:01 pm

Kameko wrote: Neo Dead Moon is talking about the title eternal, not their eternal forms.
*Blink* Well, considering the fact that you answered that exact question in the post directly above his, I figured he was questioning the acual existance of their forms. I mean, you point-blank said that the titles weren't used. I suppose I interpreted it wrong.

Ah, well. XD At least now people who haven't seen the fukus can see them now.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:08 pm

Tiff wrote:
Kameko wrote: Neo Dead Moon is talking about the title eternal, not their eternal forms.
*Blink* Well, considering the fact that you answered that exact question in the post directly above his, I figured he was questioning the acual existance of their forms. I mean, you point-blank said that the titles weren't used. I suppose I interpreted it wrong.

Ah, well. XD At least now people who haven't seen the fukus can see them now.
He could be. I might be the one misinterpreting but his post did say title so I just assumed he was talking about that. And the first three links don't work. They give a 404 not found error.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:21 pm

Kameko wrote: He could be. I might be the one misinterpreting but his post did say title so I just assumed he was talking about that. And the first three links don't work. They give a 404 not found error.
Meh, you have to copy and paste them, becuase of direct linking.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:03 pm

Tiff wrote:http://mangastyle.net/artbooks/genga5c.htm Naoko mentions under one of the pictures that she doesn't know why Toei didn't include those fukus int he show.
Wow... Neptune's looks gorgeous :shock:

Pluto and Saturn's are really nice too. ^_^
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Blackat
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Location: The only place where you can find Kangaroos in your backyard.

Post by Blackat » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:50 am

peachvampiress-
Hmmm. I'm kind of meh-ish on the eternal designs. Some things I love, like their white boots with different trims, but I'm not so sure about the ball things on their shoulder. I think it depends on the colour. I really like Saturn's, Pluto's, Neptune's, Mercury's, and Mar's eternal fukus, but I don't like the other ones.

But I do think Naoko's right, that Toei should have given them their eternal forms in the anime.
I agree with you there. I think on some of the fukus like Jupiter's, the colours blend too much. Like there's hardly any difference between the green of the sleeves and the green of the top of the gloves, and it just doesn't go down well. But with Uranus', there's more difference between the two blue's used for the same areas, and it looks better.

Or maybe it's just me. XD

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:22 am

I've always loved the eteral fuku. They are so distinct and made it feel like they were always progressing together. I would have loved to see them in the anime. But what can you do?

About the colors....I'm sure they would have looked more distinctive in anime form. However, I still love all of Naoko's illustrations in those books.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:22 pm

I'm not so sure that having them in the anime would make them look better. Sailormoon's eternal form is a good example. The majority of Sailormoon fans seem to think that it looks gorgeous in the manga, but ugly in the anime.

Although I do think that the crappily drawn wings, which the others don't have, contributes to the overall fugly look of Usagi's fuku, so it's possible that there other eternal forms could look nice in anime form.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Sailor Europa
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Sailor Europa » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:02 am

I'm pretty sure that there have been a few really well done, anime-styled pieces of eternal sailor senshi fan art out on the net.

I suppose I should go look for some examples.
"Hey long distance. Tokyo! I love the French!" ~Ron Stoppable

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:14 pm

peachvampiress wrote:I'm not so sure that having them in the anime would make them look better. Sailormoon's eternal form is a good example. The majority of Sailormoon fans seem to think that it looks gorgeous in the manga, but ugly in the anime.

Although I do think that the crappily drawn wings, which the others don't have, contributes to the overall fugly look of Usagi's fuku, so it's possible that there other eternal forms could look nice in anime form.
Me and my friends agree that if it weren't for the wings (which look like they were cut out of cardboard and stuck to the back of her outfit), her outfit wouldn't look so bad. It all depends on how they animate the uniform. Usagi's wings are an example of how not to.