Where could an uncensored, uncut dubbed Stars go?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

kaiou_michiru4590
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by kaiou_michiru4590 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:34 am

*looks to the sky all dreamy-like* Is there such thing as a Sailor Moon Uncensored Uncut Dub??? If so, There is still hope!!

For an uncensored/uncut dub of Stars to be aired on TV, put it on Cartoon Network's adult swim ^^ right there with uncut/uncensored Inu Yasha, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Lupin the 3rd. *giggles insanely*....

~Kaiou Michiru
"Umi to Seigu no SAILOR fuku bishjoujo senshi! SAILOR NEPTUNE! Kaiousei ni kawatte Oshiokiyo!"

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:01 am

-_- Unfortunately, Sailor Moon just doesn't fit in Adult Swim...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

kaiou_michiru4590
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by kaiou_michiru4590 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:01 am

Dinozore wrote:-_- Unfortunately, Sailor Moon just doesn't fit in Adult Swim...
>.< And why not? Its better then turning the starlights into girls and putting them on Toonami.... Then again, Toonami's censors have gotten less strict since the premire of Sailor Moon S.... I mean, The actuallt LET Uranus and Neptune on TV! And if you watched Rurouni Kenshin enough on Toonami to figure how many times the word "Damn" slipped passed the censors.

~Kaiou Michiru
"Umi to Seigu no SAILOR fuku bishjoujo senshi! SAILOR NEPTUNE! Kaiousei ni kawatte Oshiokiyo!"

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:55 am

kaiou_michiru4590 wrote:
>.< And why not? Its better then turning the starlights into girls and putting them on Toonami.... Then again, Toonami's censors have gotten less strict since the premire of Sailor Moon S.... I mean, The actuallt LET Uranus and Neptune on TV! And if you watched Rurouni Kenshin enough on Toonami to figure how many times the word "Damn" slipped passed the censors.

~Kaiou Michiru
They let Haruka and Michiru on TV because they were Amara and Michelle the "cousins", not Haruka and Michiru the lesbians.
Adult swin would be ideal for Stars, but as many people stated : it's highly unlikely. All us fans can do is wish and hope.
Last edited by Tempest on Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:37 pm

Stars would have to be dubbed first if it EVER wants to have a chance on Adult Swim. And that's very unlikely.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

kaiou_michiru4590
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by kaiou_michiru4590 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:06 pm

Tempest wrote:
kaiou_michiru4590 wrote:

~Kaiou Michiru
They let Haruka and Michiru on TV because they were Amara and Michelle the "cousins", not Haruka and Michiru the lesbians.
Adult swin would be ideal for Stars, but as many people stated : it's highly unlikely. All us fans can do is wish and hope.

I tried OH SO VERY VERY HARD to ignore the fact they changed Haruka and Michiru into cousins X.x

Kaiou Michiru

Ni-ban Neko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Ni-ban Neko » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:58 pm

Edit: Never mind. It's been said. Physics fried my brain and caused me to miss it the first time I looked through the thread.

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:16 pm

Did anyone mention the International Channel yet? If not, then I'll be the first one.
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:29 pm

doesn't the International channel show anime raw, though?
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:06 pm

Dinozore wrote:doesn't the International channel show anime raw, though?
Yeah, it does. Have to be Japanese to understand it though, or know Japanese...
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Ni-ban Neko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Ni-ban Neko » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:46 pm

I've seen subs on the International Channel before. At one time, they were showing subbed Slayers. I've never seen a dub there, though.

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:30 pm

I've seen subs on the International Channel before. At one time, they were showing subbed Slayers. I've never seen a dub there, though.
IC aired Tenchi and Fushigi Yuugi dubbed, and (so far) uncut.
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:41 pm

I don't think we get that channel here in the eastern US, either...

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:57 pm

Dinozore wrote:I don't think we get that channel here in the eastern US, either...
Derek's family lives in MA, and they get it, becuase we watched Japanese News on it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:00 pm

I live in Central NY, and we get the IC channel too. I was watching the DBZ race between them and Toonami, it was back and forth but IC got to the end first. ^^;;
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:12 pm

MarioKnight wrote:I live in Central NY, and we get the IC channel too. I was watching the DBZ race between them and Toonami, it was back and forth but IC got to the end first. ^^;;
Go figure. I saw one episode of DBZ with Gokou looking for the Dragonballs as SSJ, basicly inbetween Room of Spirit & Time and Cell Game. At that time, CN was showing reruns of the Gokou/Freezer battle.

I don't get IC either... I don't get CN, Food Network, many other stations. it's a pain.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:13 am

:shock: I guess it isn't a regional thing, then. Man, seems like people in the states above and below me get it...

-_- of course, my parents are too cheap to get digital cable (which, iirc, would get me the Anime Network and probably IC also)

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:58 am

Um I have a question but it's kinda off topic. So we all know that the Stars season was never dubbed in English but was it dubbed in any other languages? (I'm just curious.)

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:45 am

I think at least one European country got it. They made the Starlights the twin sisters of the Three Lights, or something like that, iirc...

sailormoonaddict
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailormoonaddict » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:27 pm

What about it they put it on "TV Japan". I am not sure if anyone already mentioned this so sorry if someone did. They could subtitle and leave it uncut....We have TV Japan through Adelphia Cable..............

Let's hope they also sell A UNCUT SUBTITLED BOXED SET!!!!!!!!

:D THAT is my most ferverant Dream :D