How should the manga get re-released?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Maikeru_100
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Location: On Earth...on North America...in the USA...in Colorado...in Lakewood

Post by Maikeru_100 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:47 pm

IF TOKYOPOP DID DO IT<CLICKS OFF caps locs> they should keep the original names, and make sure the notes that the put in are Naoko's no TP

I e-mailed them and this is the letter the gave me in return
Hello,

Thank you for writing in and for expressing your opinion to us! We always love hearing from our fans because its fans like you that make what we do possible. Unfortunately, Sailor Moon is out-of-print and has been for some time now. We don't have any current plans on a re-release but you never know. We certainly have been asked before so we'll have to give it careful consideration at our next meeting. Thanks for the suggestion and for your concern! Please feel free to visit our website at www.tokyopop.com for future news and updates on all of our latest and upcoming releases.

Best,
TOKYOPOP

Which makes me say~there is a good chance of them bringing them back...I wonderif the'll do the new covers, or the old ones...I hop the new ones...<slaps himself> dont get too over evcied now!

sailor_serenity33
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailor_serenity33 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:30 am

It should have a Left to right format, original names and translations, and be in a super cute box set!

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:25 pm

Right-to-left, using the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon volumes as the source material, as well as the standard paper they use in their manga. Anything else (character names, attack names, etc.) I could live with.

Maikeru_100
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Location: On Earth...on North America...in the USA...in Colorado...in Lakewood

Post by Maikeru_100 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Or what they could do is that they could do it both ways...one being Left-Right and one bering right to left, thank ViZ for the idea

purplefeltangel
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by purplefeltangel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:21 am

I'd personally like it if they rereleased the old and the new books.

Why? Well, I like the old covers better, and I don't like that Mercury's new attack name is Mercury Aqua Mist. It breaks the pattern of the sailors not having their name in their attack until they get their power-up. But I'd also like to see the revised dialogue, art, covers, notes, etc of the PGSM release see the light of day in the US.

Of course, I know that would never happen. ^_^ But it's nice to dream.

Thinking more realistically? The one thing I can think of that nobody else has said, is that I would like them to not totally screw up the colours on their covers. It seems like no matter what TokyoPop releases, they screw up the colours badly. (Sailor Moon tome five is NEON PURPLE?!?! And don't even get me started on Tokyo Mew Mew . . . .) I'd like for them to just once look nice.

dimsum
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by dimsum » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:16 pm

I say if they want it to be as great as other mangas keep it like it was originally meaning the original names and stuff. Everything like the japanese ones. Hey if they can do that with the other manga why do they have to butcher this one?

Benderx
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Benderx » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:21 pm

Right to left, purely translated. No changes, No alterations, just translated.